“A great little find!”

Melo
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Stylish new addition to Sukhumvit Soi 11 scene. Outdoor lounge featuring innovative food and great cocktails. Conveniently located only 100 yards from Nana BTS station, it is a great place to meet friends and colleagues. Open Monday-Saturday 3 pm - midnight.
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We dined here tonight after much research to attempt to find something in Bangkok that was a safe option for our first dining experience since arriving. We were very pleased with our choice as the food was everything we read about and the staff are extremely pleasant. The hostess Soraya was a lovely lady and made us feel very welcome.We ordered the beef cigars, tempura prawns and the pork ribs and we were very pleased with all our choices. The wine list is very limited by the glass and that would be my only negative. Melos is a little hard to find, but if you ask people where Charlies Bar is and follow the road around from there you will find it. Thanks to the chef for a great meal and Soraya and her staff for a great dining experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Really really nice... Excellent place tucked away off the main road
It's signposted on the main road of soi 11
Air con in door pleasant out door terrace over looking street
I opted for The hostess recommendation
Tampura prawns and Thai duck
Amazing

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We just had dinner in Melo and from the beginning to the end it was a pleasure!
The starters were amazing. Especially the pork belly. The main courses (pepperchicken and boneless beef) were also great and they serve the best homemade fries in the world....
After the hot apple-tempura with creamy vanilla ice whe now for sure: we will come back and tell all our freinds.
The manager of Melo, Soraya, is the perfect host. Verry friendly ánd funny.
Thanx for a great night.

Marko and Richard

Reviewed 28 May 2012

The menu is quite original, with some interesting combinations. I would recommend the sweet pork belly to start and seabass as a main course. The French fries are supposed to be home-made but they looked to me as if they were defrost, so nothing special. Service is excellent with very lovely staff. The place is not cheap so I believe that overall it's quite good value for money.

1  Thank liline92
Reviewed 24 May 2012

my wife picked this restaurant before we had even booked our hotels. during our time in Bangkok we ate here on three separate occasions, with each as memorable as the other. the first night we arrived around 7:30 to find that we were the only customers, this is usually the first indicator of a bad dining experience, but fortunately this was not the case with Melo. we stayed for several hours and sampled the majority of the dishes on their menu, they were all AMAZING! our host (and now friend) Saraya was happy to recommend dishes for us to try but as I am a chef myself I knew what I wanted. there are not enough positive words in the English language to describe how good the food was, beautifully prepared and presented by a chef who is clearly very passionate about his work. the crackling fried chicken was without a doubt the best I have ever tasted and the and the boneless beef shin was out of this world. this restaurant is definitely a must do for any foodie visiting Bangkok. oh, and make sure you leave room for desert, the salted caramel gelato is particularly fine

1  Thank James M