“Over rated ”

Mango Tango
Ranked #24 of 500 Dessert in Bangkok
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown Bangkok
Description: The dessert cafe, presenting a various kind of fresh mango desserts, and drinks. The signature dish recommended to travelers is menu no.2-2 (Mango Tango with extra sticky rice). For Thai fans, they always come back order menu no.8 (Mango Aloha) and menu no.13 (Mango Thai Sundae).
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Not difficult to locate this particular dessert cafe because it is just opposite Central World. Anyway, to cut the story short, the place is filled with customers. We ordered (every patron has to order something from the menu). We had to wait about 10 mins before we were seated.
We ordered a mango sticky rice, 2 cups of mango juice and a watermelon juice. The verdict : the watermelon juice tasted better than the mango juice! Mango sticky rice that we ate at the stalls tasted much better and much cheaper. Will I recommend this place? Please don't bother.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (985)

Reviewed 12 August 2016

I enjoyed the mango desserts here. I had the Mango Tango with extra sticky rice. I loved the mango sticky rice. It was fragrant with just the right texture and consistency. Portion of rice was just nice for me which didn't leave me too bloated to try other stuff. The mango pudding was good too - not too sweet. Mango was fresh and sweet. But the mango sorbet was run of the mill.

Nice homey ambience and fast service. I was here around 2pm on a weekday after lunch somewhere else. Surprisingly there wasn't any queue when I arrived. But it got really crowded soon after my food was served. Overall, good experience here in the cafe.

I also bought a small box of dried mangoes to bring home. The dried mangoes were a let down though. It tasted way too artificial and was too sweet. It didn't taste like mango at all. Seemed more like a candy. I don't recommend buying their take-home products.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

All about M.A.N.G.O!

Fresh mangoes are great here! - Refresh yourself after a long shopping day in the nearby malls.

Variety mango desserts available - puddings, ice cream, ice blended!

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

It's essential to have signature drink here. Especially Thailand is very hot outside. After long walk it's really help you relax a bit. Of course regarding taste this place is the best in Bangkok !

Reviewed 27 July 2016

The mango sticky rice was nice but I thought the ice cream and pudding was a let down. It was an eat and go place to me. Not a place for chilling out. The customer service was also poor. Not welcoming at all.

Date of visit: June 2016