Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
US$268
US$241
Okura Hotels
7,218 results
All reviewsinfinity poolblue elephant restaurantdirect accesssuperior sky roomgreat hotelsurasak stationthe riverthe executive loungethird floorbreakfast buffetdim sumbusiness districtbangkok skylinegreat poolstar hotelloved this hotelstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The executive room on the 28th floor was nice with a great view of Bangkok & a partial view of the river. It's a little off the city centre, but the hotel is directly connected to the BTS (Surasak station) by a sky-bridge.
The staff is polite, smiling & well versed in English. Special mention to 2 staff members, Auto & Earth.

Having said that, the executive lounge where we checked out, took about 20-25 minutes to make / print the bill. Worse, once the cab was loaded, the ground floor receptionist came running with a mini-bar bill for the previous night that they hadn't included. Took another 5-10mins for him to print the bill (which i kept saying i didn't want) & give me the change. How did the guys at the executive lounge miss the mini-bar bill??

Net net, we missed the flight to Chiang Mai by exactly 3 minutes. Cost us about Rs. 8,800 (~Rs. 175 US$) to re-book onto the next available flight... & heart-burn.

Smiles can NOT compensate for lack of service excellence.

In the adjoining superior suite, the AC above the bathroom leaked... & the staff/engineer took inordinately long to get the charging stations working. Looks to be a new hotel which is being run by Govt staff & can quickly slide downhill.

Room Tip: The executive room connects to a superior room... best option for a family. & keep 30-40mins for check-out
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Luggage_Life
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Luggage_Life,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can hope to maintain or improve on our high standards of service and facilities.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the stunning views of Bangkok that we offer and our proximity to the adjoining BTS station. I will also be passing on my personal thanks on your behalf to the members of staff who gave you exemplary service and may I also thank you for your kind comments regarding their other service minded attributes which makes them a credit to the hotel and our team.

The main reason that I am replying to this Tripadvisor review is to address the points you raised where you were not satisfied with the service you received.

I can only offer my profuse apologies at the list of incidents you encountered that caused you to miss your flight to Chiang Mai. As General Manager I fully accept this unfortunate situation should never have occurred and rest assured I will be holding a full personal investigation and taking all necessary steps to ensure nothing of this nature happens again.

I must further apologize that you were disturbed longer than you felt necessary by the engineer repairing the air-conditioning system.

At Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok we pride ourselves on the high levels of service, luxury and facilities we offer and many Tripadvisor reviews are testament to this. When a situation such as yours occurs it only makes our entire team strive to improve on these aspects to offer the guest a true 5 star experience when they visit Bangkok.

We would dearly like to see you visit us again on your next trip to Thailand and witness for yourself the improvements we have made.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby

Reviewed 15 July 2012

If you want the river view and or to stay quite close to china town this is the right hotel. Being new, the price/quality ratio is quite good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Almost new hotel, rooms comfortable, good size, bed excellent, FREE WIFI, Staff very helpful, willing and friendly so give the feeling they care about the hotel and what guests think.

Buffet breakfast also excellent catering for Asian and Western tastes with some nice and unusual items such as a wheat and sugar free baked muesli, smoked salmon, smoked mackerel, dim sum and thermos jugs of good coffee, so its always fresh and hot!

Location is good having a direct link to the Skytrain, and the famous Blue Elephant Restaurant next door, but other than that no shops or restuarants nearby, but just 2 stops on the Skytrain is Silom Road with all its infamous attractions for every taste and need.

All in all this hotel raises the game of similar hotels I have stayed in BKK (see my other reviews)and makes it without question in this price bracket THE obvious choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Robin R
Reviewed 15 July 2012

A very nice new hotel, which we have just visited and were very happy with overall.

Plus points:
- Our plane was delayed 24 hours, so we had to cancel and rebook. This was all done free of charge and was handled sufficiently.
- Check in easy and quick; staff spoke very good English, which is just as well as my Thai is limited to something resembling "Sweaty Cab" and a nervous grimace
- Pool area very nice, especially poolside cabanas. Pool is bigger than it looks and has exceptional views.
- Room done to high specification, a tad bland but a very corporate hotel so to be expected
- All housekeeping requests (e.g. for extra things) taken care of speedily and efficiently
- Laundry was cheap and good quality.
- Bed is AMAZING!

Minus
- There is an issue with the lift in that many people come in off the street and take it up to the Skytrain. It's not an issue of being too snobby to share my lift with the plebs, it's more that the service can become congested and you can wait a while for a lift.
- Lobby bar, like 90% of them around the world, was desperately dull, but saved somewhat by excellent service from staff there.

So minuses really are very,very minor, and the hotel should become a roaring success in time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aemwwlt
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I am a Cardiologist from Bangalore, India I had stayed at your hotel with my wife and 2 daughters, 8 and 13 yrs. old for 3 nights from July 2nd to 4th - 2012, and have found your hotel to be one of the most comfortable, clean with excellent Wi fi connectivity complimentary , and a good spread at your breakfast buffet which was sufficient, healthy and met different taste buds, your infinite pool was breath taking my kids did really enjoy and my wife really loved the cocktails served at the pool side, the people at the reception were very kind and helpful and did give us an early check-in at 10 am and also upgraded our room to superior deluxe which was a corner room on the 17th floor with a great view. The connectivity with the shopping malls like paragon and MBK was superb with your hotel direct access to BTS sky train connection from your hotel, I would rate your hotel 10/ 10 and all possible ways. Would want like to stay again on my next visit to BKK.

Room Tip: try higher floors have a better views above the 22 nd , corner rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family