“Great hotel”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #7 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed there only for couple of nights. Overall it is a very good place to stay. The pool is amazing but gets very busy and botany seats around. Breakfast is very good.
The best thing I liked about is that it is linked to BTS train, which is a blessing as Thailand can be hard to get around and specially with the heat. You can go straight into the hotel from train station.
Some minor issues which I feel can let it down a bit. Wifi did not work at all during our 4 night stay, staff didn't really help. Lifts are a bit slow. Otherwise it is a good place to stay.
Rooms are very clean, toilets are clean and very good. Overall a very nice place to stay

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine83_uk

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is by far one of the best hotels that i have ever stayed in, room was spacious, comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated with amazing views from the 21st floor.
Reception and concierge are extremely helpful.
Restaurant staff very polite, welcoming and one of the best breakfast's I have ever seen.
Ideal walk way link to the sky train for getting about the city, will definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neill2109
Reviewed 9 April 2013

we had a very nice stay here and I would reccommend this for anyone who wants a bit of flash for a few days. I especially enjoyed the infinity pool which was a good size certainly for a few laps. breakfast was excellent and it was on until 11 so you could go sightseeing early on before the heat and come back with a good appetite for the buffet. The location was briliant being directly attached to the sky train and one stop from saphan taksin for the river boats to the temples. The English language skills of the staff was very poor for a five star hotel catering to international clientele. The check in and check out staff were difficult to understand and were rather impatient with us and our communications. Still the job was done and the waiting staff at the buffet were friendly and I liked them very much.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherineg186346
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed in this new hotel last September. The hotel looks exactly like the photos you see in their website. Spacious room which is very cozy and clean. Unbeatable value, since this hotel is linked to Surasak BTS. If you really have to find fault, its that Surasak aren't exactly near anywhere, so shopping and massage are more than a few stops away. That said, the rate (abt 95 USD/nite) includes a wonderful spread every morning so its still a steal. No cafe or shopping at all nearby, only 2 convenience stores. We were not impressed with the front desk staff. For both check in and out, we met unsmiling service crews which says nothing and acknowledge nothing. This is the 1st time we encountered untypical Thai service, which is a shame. All our experience in Thailand had been great so this is so regretful. I hope the management read tripadvisor and take our comments seriously. There are hotels aplenty in Bangkok...

We are frequent travellers to Bangkok, this hotel still ranks high on our list of hotel-to-stay whenever we plan to pop by. Lets just hope we get better service next time.

By the way, the pool on the rooftop has amazing views, although small. My kids loved it!! The gym was small but very clean and tidy too.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank bearma
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear bearma,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn Bangkok.

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor and saying how much you enjoyed your stay. Your well received comments only inspire us to maintain the high standards for which we are known. I can assure you that I personally read each and every review posted and have a policy of replying to all negative reviews and taking action to rectify the situations mentioned.

I must sincerely apologize that you felt you were not greeted in a friendly manner by our Front Desk staff. At Eastin Grand Sathorn our aim is to make our guests feel welcome the moment they walk through the door and I deeply regret that you did not find this to be the case. I have spoken to my Front Office manager regarding your comments and have instructed to her to firmly brief her team about the absolute necessity of extending a warm welcome to all our valued patrons.

I am sorry that you considered our location to be inconvenient because as you mentioned the BTS Sky Train at Surasak station is directly linked to the hotel meaning the main shopping areas are within a 10-15 minute journey and the river is only one stop away.

I would like to end by saying that it was a genuine pleasure to serve you and your family and we would dearly enjoy seeing you again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Eastin. I would call it "casual luxury."
Room was excellent: comfortable and beautifully furnished. The breakfast buffet was delicious, as was the dinner buffet. Pool area was gorgeous with views out across the river. Friendly, helpful staff. If you know Bangkok, it is a great location with direct access to the BTS Skytrain. One issue to to avoid trying to get to the hotel by taxi between the hours of 4 and 9PM on workdays, as the traffic on Sathorn Rd, is always gridlocked.

Room Tip: Book a high floor room with a river view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My stay at the Eastin was memorably good! The rooms were clean and service staff were excellent. They were very helpful and attentive. The only slight sore point I have was that there were not enough movie and sports channel on their tv, but it will not hinder me from coming back to stay there. Breakfast buffet was also excellent but choices of food were slightly repetitive for my 4 days stay there. Definitely value for money and I will be back to stay there for my next trip!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Perfect location--Bangkok can be hard to get around/navigate, but since the Eastin is attached to the BTS it so easy! The room as fabulous, great view (and we only stayed on the 19th floor..), great food, wine and drinks at the pool (a bit pricy, but to be expect since the view/pool are magnificent). We were only going to stay for two days, but ended up extending. Breakfast was delicious as well--more food than you could imagine. My favorite was the coconut cucumber infused water! My mother came for to visit me for two weeks and this was our first stop in Thailand and our favorite hotel out of all the ones we stayed!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family