“Good location, great pool and room but service could improve” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #11 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Bengaluru, India
“Good location, great pool and room but service could improve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here for a night....
Me and my wife took the hotel pick up service.... which went pretty well, the attendant was there when we came out of the airport... but the disappointing bit was that his knowledge about Bangkok was appalling, I knew more of Bangkok than him being a first time visitor. This is definitely something hotel management should look into coz 1st impression is a lasting impression...
Check in was smooth... we were upgraded to an Executive Deluxe room on 24th floor which was definitely a nice gesture from the hotel...
Room was superb, right at the corner with open views on 2 sides. Bathroom was spacious and fabulous.... views were spectacular...
Best thing about the hotel is its vicinity to the Surasak BTS station, which definitely is fantastic for tourists... a straight walkway into station on 3rd floor...
Pool was gorgeous, infinity pool with skyline views on 14th floor, definitely a highlight (though the size of the pool was on the lesser side)...
Breakfast spread was nice, a vast selection of food and beverages to suit everyone's taste, though since we went for breakfast in peak hours there was literally a mad rush....
Staff were nice and friendly, and food was good but not great

All in all a nice experience especially if you are a tourist and prepared to walk around a bit :)

Room Tip: we stayed at room 2421.... Executive deluxe room right at the corner with open views on both sides...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Siddharth R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (801)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
County Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I decided to surprise my wife for our anniversary by taking her here for a night. We had won voucher for dinner at the Glasshouse Restaurant in the hotel (also excellent) but I thought it would be a nice surprise to walk her "home" by taking a lift to our room. To make sure everything was in place I went to the hotel earlier in the day to check in and I mentioned that it was a special event. What happened next was amazing, I left the hotel to collect my wife for "dinner" and while I was out the staff completely decorated the room with hearts of rose petals and two amazing napkin swans. It was such a great surprise and really made the visit so special. The hotel itself is lovely, great rooms, lovely clean and unfussy decoration and a swimming pool with just the most amazing view. If you are looking for a special treat or just somewhere great to stay in Bangkok I can highly recommend the Eastin Grand!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

After reading the reviews fr tripadvisor, I decided to book a 2-night stay at Eastin Grand. I'm not impressed at all.

To begin, I focus on the positive. The superior rm booked was spacious and bed was comfortable. Free wifi. The quality of the breakfast was gd with a variety of juices! Near to BTS of course.

But to be honest, after a day of shopping or day tour, I was really in no mood nor energy to take Bts to bangkok central for gd thai dinner. Because of the strategic location of this hotel (not much choice of gd thai restaurants and massage parlour around) cabbies are turned off from picking up customers like me during peak hours.

The hotel concierge is most not useful and unfriendly. The staff at the concierge and reception lack the warmth and sincerity in wanting to make your stay with them welcoming and comfortable. I hope they do not have the mentality that just because their hotel is well connected to many places of attraction by bts, they can afford to make do with poor services.

Taxis in bangkok including one when caught in jam is still quite affordable especially if you are travelling in group of two or more.

Third thing, the bathroom tiles under the rain shower can be extremely slippery when the floor is wet.

If you are here for shopping, then you should be prepared to carry your shopping bags back to the hotel as you are being squeezed in the overly packed bts during peak hours.

Wouldn't be back to this hotel for the price I paid. Not unless the services improved.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Dolphin358,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay at Eastin Grand Sathorn on Trip Advisor. We read each and every review as they enable us to rectify any issues experienced by our guests and maintain our reputation for high standards and guest satisfaction.

I was delighted to learn that after reading your fellow travellers reviews you decided to stay with us but must offer my sincerest apologies that led to some disappointment on your part.

I regret that one of our main advantages over other luxury hotels, namely our location adjacent to the BTS Sky Train, was not of use to you as this seems to be one of the major attractions for our guests who wish to avoid the gridlock of a journey in Bangkok by taxi.

I was surprised to read about your experience regarding obtaining a good Thai meal and massage in our vicinity as the famous Blue Elephant restaurant is literally next door to Eastin Grand Sathorn and one of the foremost spas in Bangkok, Health Land, is a 10 minute stroll away.

My main concern regards your comments about the service and unfriendly attitude you experienced from the concierge section. If you could kindly find the time to contact me at gmadmin@eastingrandsathorn.com with your specific observations I will attend to matters as I can give you my full assurances that your feelings regarding this issue have absolutely no connection with our convenient location next to the BTS somehow compensating for poor service. At Eastin Grand Sathorn any comments regarding these issues will be dealt with immediately as we pride ourselves on the way our staff aid our guests and the feedback we usually receive regarding their attitude and service mind is overwhelmingly positive.

May I end by saying that, despite your disappointment, we would be delighted to see you again on your next visit to Bangkok where you can witness the measures we have taken over your invaluable comments.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Hotel is located in prime area. Its a new property. The station is just below the Hotel. From first floor one can directly get on to the BTS station, it was very convenient to travel. I stayed at the Club room so was on the top floor - amazing view of the city and the river.
The club floor has a nice coffee shop - with unlimited drinks from 5 to 7 pm. I had a very good stay and rooms are very nice too. I stayed during New year 2013.
Hotel was packed and hence thats the reason they were not able to arrange for a Cab for Airport after reminding them several times. The staff is slow, some are good, but some were day dreaming. They need to careful, i could have missed my flight.

Room Tip: Stay on the 33rd or 34th floor for best view and its Club floor. You pay more but you enjoy !
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sidbajaj_foodcritic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Eastin Grand in one of the Executive room. The views a better than we expected, especially from the bathroom - luckily the shower has frosted glass. All staff are friendly and helpful.

The location is great. Only a short walk into Silom and the hotel has a direct connection to the sky train - granting you access to almost all the sites and attractions of Bangkok.

Our room came with access to the executive lounge, which was great. That said, if you're willing to give up the peace and quiet of the executive lounge, the glasshouse restaurant will provide you with an abundance of choices for breakfast - both eastern and western. More of everything - including non-dairy options. We skipped the executive lounge breakfast for the rest of our stay - preferring the added variety.

The Luce restaurant seems a bit fancy for a poolside restaurant. The dress code stipulates closed toe shoes for men - no flip flops - which seems a little over the top. Luckily, the pool bar can serve most of the same meals.

Overall, our stay was quite pleasant and enjoyable.

2 Thank SansSeraph
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights at Eastin Grand Sathorn, can't complain about anything really. Landed up at 7 AM after a pathetic Thai Airways flight and a painful Visa on Arrival queue but as soon as I reached the hotel, it made me forget all I had been through in the last 7 hours.

Nice and comfortable rooms, lavish breakfast spread, excellent views of the city from the room and the pool side.

And value for money both in terms of food and stay although didnt have food in the hotel apart from the morning breakfast.

Will stay here again!!

2 Thank Sumit S
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

location very accessible from skytrain and central area siam
Excellent hotel, rooms, bath,
excellent food at coffee shop, grand buffet
italian restaurant good food