Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
US$112
US$182
US$175
7,288 results
All reviewsinfinity poolblue elephant restaurantdirect accesssuperior sky roomgreat hotelsurasak stationthe riverthe executive loungethird floorbreakfast buffetdim sumbusiness districtbangkok skylinegreat poolstar hotelloved this hotelstayed here for nights
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a deluxe cornerroom on the 20th floor for which you pay 165 Euro per night. The good; location connected to the skytrainstation Surasak, decent breakfast served by very friendly personnel. excellent bed. The not so good; Tv did not function on 1st night, engineer fixed it. Next night Tv showed scrambled signal, Engineer fixed it, 3 night same problem..did not bother to call about it anymore. Finishing of the room is not top notch. Tilework in bathroom is done sloppy and waterdrain of shower does not work well. So when showering you have a footbath of 2cm. Even next day there is still water. Conclusion, ok hotel but not for the price paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank oscarpetispas
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear oscarpetispas,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

May I begin by apologizing and admitting some confusion on my part as to why you posted this review on Trip Advisor as you had already posted another review almost verbatim regarding your stay on the 5th August which you then removed. The only real difference I can tell between the two is on the second review you posted the exact amount you paid (165 Euros) as opposed to your original review which stated you paid “almost 200 Euros per night” therefore if this was the case I would like to sincerely thank you for your kindness in making your latest review a more accurate reflection of our rates. Unfortunately my original reply was removed along with your original review therefore I would like to take the liberty of replying once again to your comments.

I read each and every review personally because it allows me the opportunity to see where our guests have enjoyed their stay in terms of the comfort, service and facilities we provide and more importantly ascertain where issues may have occurred for our immediate attention and rectification. It also give me an outlet to respond to guest comments to either explain matters in detail if there are any queries or show where the invaluable feedback of the Trip Advisor members is being put into action.

I am pleased that overall you seemed to enjoy your stay but would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with your room.

I regret that our engineers failed to fix the issue with your television during your stay but the problem has now been rectified. May I apologise for the inconvenience. Unfortunately after checking our guest log we can find no record of you mentioning the drainage problem in your bathroom as had you done so we would have found an alternative room for you. I would like to thank you for informing us about this via Trip Advisor.

If there were any other issues besides the aforementioned you would like to bring to my attention I would greatly appreciate it if you could find the time to contact me via gmadmin@eastingrandsathorn.com with your observations as the vast majority of our guests consider the standards we offer as being extremely good value for money but naturally we would like to ensure the complete satisfaction of all our valued guests.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby

Reviewed 18 September 2013

situated directly at the skytrain Station saving you a lot of money and hassel. We stayed in a skyview room which had an excellent view of Bankok. The breakfast buffet is very good and you'll always find something that suites your taste. The edge pool is also very nice with a good view. Would always recommend to stay here if you planned a trip to Bankok.

1  Thank simon_global90
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Dear John Westoby,

Thank you for your revert. I was with my wife in Eastin and I guess my wife has forgotten to explain the part about the concierge team. Let me explain. We requested in our email for early check-in at 10am which was not available and we totally understand. But your reception team had to push the available executive rooms at us at additional charges which we had indicated that we were not keen. We sought your concierge team at 1030am for recommendation to good eatery which we could go at that moment. Blue Elephant was clearly not told to us and instead they gave us a namecard "Royal-something-restaurant" which was 10 min walk away (opposite). In the rain. We used the bridge link and the restaurant was not opened yet.

In the evening at 5pm, my wife booked a birthday surprise for me at 6pm. We were dead tired and wanted to take a cab. But the concierge team refused to call in a cab for us citing that there was a traffic jam and strongly recommended that we take the BTS to some station and then take a cab from there. It was not our first trip to Bangkok and we are no strangers to the jam in BKK. We understand it was their good gesture so we took their advice nonetheless. It took us 1h 10 min to reach by your team's recommendation. It was surely not the way I would like to go through in order to celebrate my birthday.

Third incident - the next day we wanted to hop into a cab that stopped in front of the hotel entrance to go to Charoen Rat Soi 1 for the famous crab and prawn vermicelle recommended by our Thai friend. Again, your concierge team told the cabby to leave and told us to walk. His exact words were, "You walk out from the hotel and just turn to your left. It is that street. It is very near. I walked this road everyday to work." We told him to call us another cab as we would like to get to the eatery before the crowd comes. He refused. And another staff took our address/direction paper and googled. He told us very confidently that our address is wrong. All we wanted to do was get on a cab to WongWian Yai station (and this station is 3 stations away from Eastin Hotel) and get to the Charoen Rat intersection. All in all, they took away 15 min of our time and then, quietly called in a cab to the same address as indicated on my paper! I guess in the end the address/direction given by my Thai friend was obviously correct because the cabby was able to find the exact location that we indicated on the paper.

It is good that the concierge team has our best interest but to come across to the guests so adamantly and forcefully, disregard our preference for taxis for some problems beknown to ourselves, they should learn to suggest to guests with more humility and sincerity and try not to take matters into their own hands. Thank you.

1  Thank CS17983
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear CS17983,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

I would like to begin by thanking you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and your personal correspondence via our Guest Satisfaction Survey after your departure from the hotel. Both these avenues are essential to the smooth running of our operation and ensuring the complete satisfaction of our guests. All comments we receive regarding our service, comfort and facilities are fully investigated within the relevant departments and immediate action taken where necessary to allow us to maintain our reputation for high standards.

May I offer my sincere apologies for your experience upon check-in regarding the non-availability of a room for your requested early check-in and my staffs’ attempts to provide a solution. I can categorically assure you that my staff were not attempting to “push” a more expensive room upon you but were simply trying to assist you in the most practical way possible considering you had just arrived after a possibly tiring journey. This aside I have informed my Front Office Manager to instruct her staff to handle the situation more tactfully if the guest is adamant they do not wish to pay extra for an immediately available room.

I was extremely concerned regarding your experiences with the concierge team and, as I mentioned in our email correspondence, have personally investigated the issues to ensure our other guests do not undergo the same situation. After my investigation I would like to make my findings known as follows:

After learning about your desired destination for your birthday my concierge team were aware that at that time of day the journey by taxi would have been well in excess of one hour and advised you of this. You enquired about an alternative means of getting there and the concierge recommended the Sky Train which under any circumstances would have been quicker than a taxi. Unfortunately there was not a taxi available on standby at the dedicated hotel taxi stand at that time and calling one from the street, given the time of day and destination, would have made it necessary for you to negotiate a fare with the driver as it would have been almost a certainty that the driver would have refused to use the meter during rush hour, thus delaying you further.

The next incident involving the incorrect address was a regrettable error on the part of my concierge as the address you supplied had the same street name as a location very near the hotel and the staff just wished to save you time and money by suggesting you walk. The delay occurred when, in a desire to be of service, my staff went to print you a map to allow you to find the restaurant. A further delay occurred when the taxi we called for you initially did not know the address you supplied. If I may politely point out that my concierge team insist that this situation took no more than five minutes in total. However, there is no excuse for my staffs’ insistence that they were correct despite your protestations and I have had strong words with them over this.

Unfortunately my staffs’ over-exuberance in attempting to assist you did not work out and I truly appreciate your kind understanding in seeing things from their point of view. However the way they conducted themselves over this matter regarding their forcefulness and inflexibility is not the way their previously good reputation was achieved and, as I have stated, I have investigated and held a full team briefing and introduced extra training to address the issues you raised.

May I end by saying that we hope to have the pleasure of your company in the near future where you can witness for yourself the action we have taken rather than just paying “lip service” to your invaluable comments.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here for a night....
Me and my wife took the hotel pick up service.... which went pretty well, the attendant was there when we came out of the airport... but the disappointing bit was that his knowledge about Bangkok was appalling, I knew more of Bangkok than him being a first time visitor. This is definitely something hotel management should look into coz 1st impression is a lasting impression...
Check in was smooth... we were upgraded to an Executive Deluxe room on 24th floor which was definitely a nice gesture from the hotel...
Room was superb, right at the corner with open views on 2 sides. Bathroom was spacious and fabulous.... views were spectacular...
Best thing about the hotel is its vicinity to the Surasak BTS station, which definitely is fantastic for tourists... a straight walkway into station on 3rd floor...
Pool was gorgeous, infinity pool with skyline views on 14th floor, definitely a highlight (though the size of the pool was on the lesser side)...
Breakfast spread was nice, a vast selection of food and beverages to suit everyone's taste, though since we went for breakfast in peak hours there was literally a mad rush....
Staff were nice and friendly, and food was good but not great

All in all a nice experience especially if you are a tourist and prepared to walk around a bit :)

Room Tip: we stayed at room 2421.... Executive deluxe room right at the corner with open views on both sides... was nice... ask for the same if you are ready to shell out a bit xtra
2  Thank Siddharth R
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I decided to surprise my wife for our anniversary by taking her here for a night. We had won voucher for dinner at the Glasshouse Restaurant in the hotel (also excellent) but I thought it would be a nice surprise to walk her "home" by taking a lift to our room. To make sure everything was in place I went to the hotel earlier in the day to check in and I mentioned that it was a special event. What happened next was amazing, I left the hotel to collect my wife for "dinner" and while I was out the staff completely decorated the room with hearts of rose petals and two amazing napkin swans. It was such a great surprise and really made the visit so special. The hotel itself is lovely, great rooms, lovely clean and unfussy decoration and a swimming pool with just the most amazing view. If you are looking for a special treat or just somewhere great to stay in Bangkok I can highly recommend the Eastin Grand!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple