“Fantastic Service by Staff, Great Hotel, Strategic Location!”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #7 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We arrived to a warm welcome by the reception staff. The hotel seemed even more grand than what I saw in pictures, and I was in awe. I especially loved the infinity pool. I waited for sunset because I saw reviews saying the sunset is amazing there, but I don't think the pool was even facing the sunset, so perhaps I read the reviews wrongly.

Location wise, the hotel is situated very strategically - it's right next to a BTS station. In fact, it has a connecting bridge between the hotel and the station, so you don't even have to be on the street to get to the station. There's always a security guard manning the door.

Concierge staff members generally were attentive and friendly but one stood out. I had a reservation with a dinner cruise company and I couldn't reach them neither via email nor phone calls. The concierge staff member (unfortunately I didn't get his name) was very helpful in making sure that the dinner cruise company know that I was there at the hotel. He made arrangements with them to pick me and my mother up at the hotel, and when I inquired about getting to the jetty by ourselves, he insisted that we wait to be picked up at the hotel so that he could keep a lookout on us. I could feel his genuineness in taking care of hotel guests.

The only thing I would complain about the hotel is probably the air-cond - the room was a bit too hot for me.

However, all in all I enjoyed my stay and would love to come back on my next visit to Bangkok!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 December 2013

as always, we get something new or special for our last hotel and stayed our final days of our journey in Eastin. Everything was just as I thought it be, super comfy big room with great views, skytrain staton where you walk straight from hotel to station. We enjoyed our executive lounge, but I would have loved sleeping here even with out it.

I loved our stay, would stay again and everything from room service, staff, room, linen, services and whole stay was everything it should be when you stay at Eastin. Nothing less.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed with family with small kids. Loved the pool area. There are nice restaurants in the area like Blue elephant. Even local restaurants in the area if you look around, connection to sky train cant be underestimated!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in November 2013. We had a room on the 30th floor, great view!! The room was spacious, the bed was really comfortable, as was the bathroom. The only point I can think of was the odor in the room, like someone smoked in it before (and I'm not a smoker). The staff was really friendly, and the breakfast was excellent. Location was very good, only a minute to the Skytrain station (usually better than a taxi). The pool on the 14th floor looked nice, but we didn't use it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and was impressed from the moment I arrived. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and cant do enough for you. The major plus points are that the hotel is connected to the sky train so getting around is easy, cheap and helps you avoid the very busy traffic and the infinity pool. After a long day sightseeing the pool is excellent to relax around with a cocktail. The room was immaculate with a large window to see the city and a comfortable bed. The bathroom is also very modern. I found the food to be very good with a huge selection for breakfast and various food and wine nights put on if you would like to eat in the hotel. These nights are quite expensive compared to food in the city but this is a high end hotel in Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Best hotel I have ever stayed in for less than half the cost of most Chicago hotels. Incredible service, great pool and fitness room, breakfast buffet is great, convenient to sky train. Don't know what they could have done better. Didn't eat at any restaurants other than breakfast. Moo at pool bar was very accommodating, as everyone was but he was somehow even better. Highly recommend!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was a lovely modern hotel - the highlight was the infinity pool on the 14th floor with a really well laid out area of sun loungers and day beds.

The rooms were a good size, with a huge comfy bed.

The hotel has direct access to the Skytrain station, which was another plus. This made it convenient to get around. As a downside though the area is not so good for places to eat within walking distance. There is a 'fine dining' restaurant next door (the Blue Elephant) but you need a reservation.

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant and the food was very good - I recommend the mago and sticky rice in particular! The breakfast was great with a huge selection to choose from.

On our last evening there was a party in the pool area - which was a bit disappointing as it made it a bit difficult to go for a swim. Also on a personal note for me, the Italian restaurant serving food by the pool didn't have any gluten-free options. They did provide peanuts with the drinks however.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple