“Excellent Hotel”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #7 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This five star hotel is an great example of many excellent hotels in Bangkok, it features a panoramic swimming pool, incredible rooms and very helpfull personel. Great location near the Skytrain and river Chao Praya

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MMHTRAVELS

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Flawless rooms, everything is very new and in very good condition. The view is amazing and you can't get closer to the BTS. The breakfast selection is top notch for being in Asia (from an European perspective), but the breakfast restaurant is packed, busy and loud.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CarlHoerberg
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for one night but everything was perfect. Clean, free parking, modern furniture, infinity pool on 14th floor, great restaurants nearby. In front of the hotel there's a connection to the sky train which you can directly access from the hotels 2nd floor.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located with direct access to the sky train/BTS. The superior double room was on the small side, but with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast was ample, and the setting from the open pool area quite spectacular. The lifts were however a real annoyance, with average waits of at least 4 minutes (as there were only 4 lifts for some 33 floors), and no stair alternative.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My gosh,why can't i just stay in the Hilton and over. This hotel is an expensive hilton fake. Looks exactly like the doubletree without its friendly staff,big rooms and helpful people.5 star appeal with 3 star rooms at 6 star prices. So small superior deluxe(haha!) room with fantastic view,at least. Poor soundproofing.noisy doorbangers everywhere.must be an asian hobby:)Kind of 1980s style (i know it is a rather new hotel) and not even a bath tub. Pre counted,shampoos and be happy you get two nescafes. Listless ad inefficient reception staff,a no go for above 75 us, of course i paid 150 us .geez what a real,real rip off with a view.my next place is a hilton.be assured. I hate stingy hotels,really. A no go!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank adrianmiami
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear adrianmiama,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your opinion of your stay on Trip Advisor. May I take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for us not living up to your expectations as we endeavour to please all our guests and I regret that we did not manage to do so.

As it my ultimate responsibility for your satisfaction I would like to respond to the comments you made and seek further information to allow me to rectify the situations you experienced which unfortunately you chose not to expand upon.

I would like to inform you that our Superior Rooms are 35 sqm which is commensurate with other deluxe hotels in our market segment, including the example you mentioned. I am sorry that you felt them to be small. If I may also add that the room category you chose does only contain a large walk-in shower but all other categories feature a bathtub.

I must offer my further apologies that you were disturbed by other guests. Unfortunately we have no record of receiving a complaint of this nature. Had we done so it would have allowed us to handle the situation immediately.

I am sorry that you considered our standard amenities set-up to be “stingy”. We do have a Guest Service Centre to deal with guest requests (which are outlined in the in-room compendium) and I apologise if you were unaware of this.

The comments we receive both on this website and in person are overwhelmingly positive regarding our contemporary decor and I regret that it was not to your taste. We have certainly never received any feedback comparing it to a 1980’s property or to be a “Hilton fake” and our current standing on Trip Advisor would seem to indicate that it meets the approval of our guests. These reviews also seem to consider us good value for money and I can assure you that we never attempt to “ rip –off” our guests as our prices are in line with all the major international hotel chains in Bangkok and in many cases cheaper.

I was particularly concerned regarding your comment about the “listless and inefficient” staff therefore if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gmadmin@eastingrandsathorn.com with your specific experience and observations it will allow me to attend to matters.

May I end by saying how disappointed I was that your experience at Eastin Grand Sathorn did not mirror that of the vast majority of our guests and I hope that on your next visit to Bangkok you find accommodation more in keeping with your requirements as my only wish is that you have a pleasant stay while in Thailand.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The buffet breakfast is excellent so please include this in your booking.The infinity pool is not big but very nice. The location is great. There's a bridge connecting the hotel to Skytrain so it is very convenient. We had a happy stay. We would definitely recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Nice hotel, in a decent area of town. Food is OK in the hotel restaurant but they have the AMEX lounge there which is pretty good. Pool and view from is amazing and the rooms are pretty nice. Service was very good as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business