“Great hotel, great price, great view!”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #7 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Definitely stay here if in Bangkok. Hotel is extremely nice with an outdoor infinity pool and bar. Great location with the BTS attached to it so you can get anywhere fairly easily. Highly recommend it!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (6,954)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel is located in one of the most important roads of Bangkok and one of the Sky Train stations is linked to it, providing easy access to one of the most efficient transportation system of Thailand's capital. The hotel rate is not expensive and worths each penny as the breakfast is very good and with different options for different tastes. Try the guava juice. The facilities are also a surprise, especially the 14th floor swimming pool with a astonishing view of Bangkok's skyline. It worths spending some time at the pool. The rooms are very well decorated and are totally brand new.

Room Tip: Do not worry to book a room on the highest floors as all of them have almost theame view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Angelo S
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 2 teenage daughters 3-7 April. We requested interconnecting rooms and got them, and we had superior sky rooms on 26th floor- amazing views at night. We arrived around 8.30pm, shattered from our flight so we ordered room service, which came promptly, was reasonably priced and was delicious. The guy who brought it set it out beautifully on the trolley for us.

The rooms were lovely, and so was the bathroom, not having a bath didn't bother us as we mostly shower anyway, the showers were great. The beds were huge and very comfortable and the rooms clean, with everything you could need.

Breakfast was gorgeous, we loved the Thai aspect, with sushi, miso soup amongst the usual omelettes and pastries. Really impressed.

The 'wow' factor for us was also the infinity pool. We went after our tiring days out to watch the sunset and relax- it was truly fantastic looking out at the buildings and sunset from so high up. We also went here after going out for dinner in the evening, for cocktails and somewhere nice to sit- it was lovely. On the last night I lost my sunglasses here, and my husband went to look for them, but they hadn't been found. (Since getting home, I have emailed the hotel, and they have located them (I am delighted because they are good ones with my prescription in) The hotel have been good at communicating with me- my only hope is that sending them to England won't cost me too much money! I am waiting for them to let me know on Monday!)

Regarding the location of the hotel, for me I felt it was perfect. I prefer that it is away from the 'main' shopping and night life area, and when we asked the hotel reception to recommend somewhere to eat, you could walk very easily to a few restaurants, we chose Thanying and the food was absolutely wonderful, really lovely. The access to the skytrain was perfect, and one stop from the river and just 4 stops to main shopping was so easy, so I don't understand complaints about the location. If you read reviews and check on maps before you go, you should understand the location, and choose somewhere more central if that's what you are looking for.

I spoke to other people about where they stayed in Bangkok, and people who had spent a lot more money staying at Banyan Tree and various other 'named' hotels didn't sound as satisfied as we were at Eastin Grand.

I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to everyone I know who visits Bangkok, we loved this hotel.

Room Tip: for very little extra, the superior sky rooms were worth the view at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryl J
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had a wonderful experience here. Booked an airport transfer through the hotel (they call it limousine here) and glad we did. Their airport arrival team was very effective and a friendly driver brought me in a modern air conditioned car straight to the hotel. We stayed on the executive floor which is well worth the money for the extra views and access to the lounge on the 32nd floor.

Staff couldn't be more friendly. We booked a day tour to the River Kwai through the concierge and were pleasantly surprised of the quality of the transportation, guide and the whole tour.

Highly recommended and we will be back!

Room Tip: Go for an executive floor room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights.\Myself and a friends first stop in Bangkok and wanted something convenient to everything in the city but also a bit of calm to adjust to the heat and climate on arrival.
The front of house staff were great, very kind and polite and willing to help whatever we needed.
We had a sky view room which I'd highly recommend as this gets you on the top three floors and a view over the city. Ask for a river view as this will get you a view up and down the city with the State Tower in view.
The pool is amazing. Sat up high with an infinity set up you can truly get a sense of being right in the city in an oasis of calm. There are plenty of beds and seating areas to chill out in the shade or sun. The pool bar serves cocktails and food. It's an Italian themed restaurant at the pool so most of the menu is pizza and pasta, the pizzas were lovely!
The SkyTrain is at the front of the hotel with a dedicated walkway into the station, it couldn't be more convenient! We opted for the package where we got a day pass for each day we stayed. Go for this option as it saves time and confusion at the ticket office.
Go for this hotel is you want amazing value for money in a perfect spot for exploring the city!
I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Benjamin J
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here as the first part of my Honeymoon April 2014. Prior to going I had contacted the hotel in relation to a transfer service and thank god I did. We had been travelling for over 18 hours and on arrival at Bangkok airport the transfer was where they said it would be. The car was a nice comfortable car with air conditioning to protect you from the stuffy 36c outside it was a good decision and was only slightly more than a scruffy taxi.
On arrival at the hotel the staff were very efficient and it did not take long to book in at all. We were shown to our room which was located on Floor 29 and it was very nice and spacious the bed was massive so I managed to get a good nights sleep without being kicked by my new wife.
There is a basic gym that has everything you need for a quick workout and the pool is a great place to chill out after a hard day out sight seeing in the intense heat.
The BTS station is attached to the hotel via a walkway and is a great way to get around the city.
I would definitly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here with my GF for two nights after flying in from London. Our room was unexpectedly high on the 23rd floor which was a nice surprise as we were expecting a room low down. We had a great view of Bangkok though it was still a little loud from the main road during the evening.

The check in process took quite a while and they asked for a sum for the mini bar which was mainly refunded due to the high price of the mini bar. Rooms were really clean. I have never slept in such a large bed! It was comfortable with plenty of pillows. A tv was provided with a small variety of channels and a brief of Bangkok.

The shower could have been hotter and stronger but other than that the bathroom was nice.

The pool area was lovely and we watched the sunset from the infinity pool which was pretty incredible. The pool is small and tiles are coming off. I also stood on a piece of metal in the pool which went through my toe (managed to pull this out though).

The hotel is connected to the sky train through a sky bridge. We used this to check out the night market and shopping malls close by. Get a map and take a short trip to saladang for the nightmarket on a sunday. The main shopping malls are at Siam station. Well recommended and you could be in the area all day (be warned men).

The breakfast was great but you have to get there early for the best selection.

There are not many lifts/elevators which means it can take a while to get about in the hotel.

Staff are polite and attentive. Overall an excellent stay and excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Go high for less noise and a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple