“Grand Eastin”

Ranked #10 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
England
“Grand Eastin”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked this Hotel for our first stop on our trip around Thailand. We decided to upgrade to the executive lounge, as we had done on previous trips to other hotels in Asia, this entitled us to all the benefits of free drinks and snacks etc, and wonderful views over Bangkok from the lounge.
We also arranged for the Hotel to collect us from the airport as we were arriving at 6 AM , although it is easy to connect to the Hotel via train or taxi , by arranging this service this meant that our room would be ready on arrival , and was worth the extra cost after a 12 hour flight.
On arriving at the Hotel check in was friendly and efficient, and we were shown to our room on the 30 floor, the views over Bangkok were spectacular. Our room was large and well maintained and perfect for our stay, the breakfast was superb as were the executive lounge facilities.
As others have mentioned the Hotel as direct access to the Skytrain, that allows you to travel all over Bangkok for a modest fee, the main river ferry station (central pier) is only one stop away. In summary this Hotel suited our needs perfectly and we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boris47England

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I booked this hotel on the strength of the Trip Advisor rating and reviews. We were not disappointed. Check in was efficient and the check in clerk "upsold" us to a bigger room with access to Executive privileges which included breakfast in the Executive lounge, free soft drinks and coffee all day, free alcoholic beverages and snacks at happy hour.

The room was very comfortable, very clean, very modern. Bathroom was of majestic proportions.

The rim flow pool was stunning and the pool deck so comfortable that we could easily have spent our entire time in Bangkok in the pool or lounging around.

But we did not spend our time lounging around, because the hotel is linked directly to the Sathorn Skytrain station which made access to other parts of the city very straightforward.

All in all, we can only but give Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn high praise. It is worth every Dollar. If I return to Bangkok in the near future, I would not think twice about staying in the hotel again.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a few dollars a night and get a room on a higher floor. Definitely worth it. And get acc...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband, mother and I stayed at the Eastin Grand Hotel for a week during our time in Bangkok. I have only good things to say in regards to the hotel, the service, the staff, the facilities and the location! This hotel is everything you could ask for at an amazing price, 5 star luxury accommodation. The highlights include the outstanding buffet breakfast which resembled something I have never seen before! Absolutely beautiful food. The hotel has its own bridge connected to the BTS which takes you every where you need to go such as Siam, MBK, and the river so that you are able to get on a boat and travel to the grand palace and surrounding temples etc. a The BTS is a really cheap and reliable way to get around Bangkok. The staff go above and beyond to help you out, whatever your needs may be. I just loved my time at The Eastin Grand and would recommend to anyone time and time again. I will return when I am in Thailand again. Thank you to all the staff! :)

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Sachapaulin
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel was great, large room, clean bathroom, good food, nice roof top infinity pool. The staff were friendly and helpful - our Thai airline had forgotten to put our hold luggage on the plane (!), so we arrived in Bangkok with only hand luggage. At the East Grand Hotel a member of staff on the luggage/help desk called several different offices and phone numbers of the airline to try and find out where our luggage was, when it would be arriving in Bangkok, and then arranging for it to be delivered to the hotel. Really good service; we were very grateful for his assistance.

The breakfast was amazing - an enormous freshly prepared buffet, easily the best I had in three months of travelling Thailand.

The location is fine, it is a bit out of the way with only a few bars and restaurants within walking distances, but it is right next to the light rail station and there are plenty of taxis, so it is easy enough to get around.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrb_uk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

After spending a month and a half staying in places ranging from 3-5 stars all across SE Asia, we were really excited about having another little block of time in Bangkok just so we could stay at the Eastin again.

The hotel is gorgeous, every teeny tiny detail is accounted for and the staff are friendly and welcoming at every turn.

The breakfast... Oh, the breakfast! So ridiculously good! We also ordered room service, a lot, and were always impressed!

I can't recommend it enough. Worth much more than you pay and that's always a great feeling.

We'll definitely be back here again anytime we're in Bangkok.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amanda W
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The location of the hotel was excellent connecting directly to BTS Surasak station which was just a couple of stops from Siam - one of the major shopping districts of Bangkok, so overall was very easy to get by to places. The airport requires changing between 3 interconnecting lines but overall commute on trains is comfortable.
The pool was spectacular and quite long. The pool area was very friendly with lots of space to sit around and relax. The poolside restaurant Luce and the adjoining bar were all very spacious and food could be ordered right in front of the pool which was luxurious.
The vegetarian options in Luce' menu were a bit lacking - for example only one pizza, one veg pasta in the entire menu, and could be improved.
Breakfast was really nice and had a great spread. Vegetarians have limited options to try local cuisine (noodles section for example was completely non-veg) but overall decent variety in the standard vegetarian foods like cereals, breads, desserts, eggs etc. Yes, coffee could be improved and the juices could have more variety (like include watermelon - I love watermelon ;))

The room was spacious and ours had a good city view. The bathroom was spacious too. The toiletries did not include a toothbrush kit which we did not expect so had to go buy one but I think it is a more Bangkok thing than specific to the hotel itself cuz a friend who visited W Hotel shared the same experience.
Overall cleanliness was not an issue at all but when my husband dragged the couch he found lip-balm and a tissue of a previous tenant which disturbed him. In my opinion however, the property was maintained extremely clean and is 5 star quality.
One thing that disturbed me was that I usually carry the slippers from a hotel because I have used them and understand that it is not meant to be reused. However, while checking out, they checked the room and had me return the slippers which was quite embarrassing for me because such a thing has never happened to me before and I travel quite frequently.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying, especially the infinity pool area and for the location and for the prices we got, I think it is definitely a steal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ydehi
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I would highly reccomed the Eastin Grand Hotel. All aspects of our stay (rooms, service, staff, etc.) met or exceeded our high expectations. The breakfast buffet was great and had a wide variety of food to choose from including an omlette station.

The location of the hotel was great. You can easily get to the sukhumvit shopping area via the Skytrain and are also close to the river boats which can take you to all of the main tourist attractions (Grand Palace, Wat Arun, etc).

One recommendation: We did not think getting the room package with BTS skytrain passes was worth the extra cost since we ended up using the river boats, taxi's, and Tuk Tuk's most of the time.

1 Thank puravida888