“Great hotel, some wierd rules”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #10 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
nj
“Great hotel, some wierd rules”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed on the Executive Floor with access to snacks, drinks, and breakfast. The evening appetizer selection was so extensive that we decided just to eat dinner there one night. One complaint I had was that after leaving breakfast the next morning, I was told that I was not allowed to take a cup of coffee with me to my room. This is something I always do in every hotel, and I was shocked and disappointed that this was prohibited here.

As others have noted, the hotel is connected directly to the BTS system, which is amazingly convenient. I had thought originally that the hotel was close enough to the river to be able to walk there, but the highway system and roads going to the river would make for a very long and dodgy walk, and it is better just to use the BTS.

We arranged for the hotel to pick us up at the airport which was very convenient.

Our room was very nice, with good views, and excellent, fast internet.

The Blue Elephant Restaurant, just next door is excellent, but make reservations ahead of time to be assured a seat.

Room Tip: Executive floor, if you can take advantage of the evening food and drinks, is well worth it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (841)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great hotel, for sure one of best 15 hotels in Bangkok. Very clean, well maintained with great outdoor pool and restaurant area (Italian one). Rooms located at higher floors offer amazing views of the city. Hotel is connected to BTS with its own flying bridge and it is just one station away from Chao Praya River which makes it perfectly located for city exploring.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Isabellarina2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was 2 times in this hotel. Once I had Executive Deluxe Double Room with great view through the window and with huge bathroom. The second time I had Superior Sky Double or Twin Room which was also very nice but not so spectacular as my firs room. Anyway both rooms were very clean and nice. Breakfast in hotel is very good - there are a lot of different type of food, I think for everyone: meat, vegetables, fruits and dim sum and some sushi maki - really nice and tasty!
Hotel has beautiful swimming pool with an excellent view. I was very satisfied of staying there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived early and the hotel let us check in to our room early which was great after a long flight.
The rooms were comfortable but could have been a bit bigger.

The breakfast selection was very good and the staff were attentive. We ate in the restaurant for only 1 night but we were not impressed with the selection and it was pricey for what there was.

The Skywalk connection to the metro was great for easy access to the network.

The infinity pool bar was amazing. There was a good atmosphere with great views and very attentive staff. There was also a very good selection from the bar menu.

My only complaint is that whilst waiting to check in to our rooms, we obtained a guide book on local tours from the concierge desk. When we were asked if we were interested in any of them, the European concierge was a bit rude to us by stating that we had no interest in taking up any of the tours. Considering that we had just been on an 11 hour flight, we were too tired to start making decisions on tours whilst just looking at what was available.

Room Tip: Ask for a view overlooking the river.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked this Hotel for our first stop on our trip around Thailand. We decided to upgrade to the executive lounge, as we had done on previous trips to other hotels in Asia, this entitled us to all the benefits of free drinks and snacks etc, and wonderful views over Bangkok from the lounge.
We also arranged for the Hotel to collect us from the airport as we were arriving at 6 AM , although it is easy to connect to the Hotel via train or taxi , by arranging this service this meant that our room would be ready on arrival , and was worth the extra cost after a 12 hour flight.
On arriving at the Hotel check in was friendly and efficient, and we were shown to our room on the 30 floor, the views over Bangkok were spectacular. Our room was large and well maintained and perfect for our stay, the breakfast was superb as were the executive lounge facilities.
As others have mentioned the Hotel as direct access to the Skytrain, that allows you to travel all over Bangkok for a modest fee, the main river ferry station (central pier) is only one stop away. In summary this Hotel suited our needs perfectly and we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boris47England
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I booked this hotel on the strength of the Trip Advisor rating and reviews. We were not disappointed. Check in was efficient and the check in clerk "upsold" us to a bigger room with access to Executive privileges which included breakfast in the Executive lounge, free soft drinks and coffee all day, free alcoholic beverages and snacks at happy hour.

The room was very comfortable, very clean, very modern. Bathroom was of majestic proportions.

The rim flow pool was stunning and the pool deck so comfortable that we could easily have spent our entire time in Bangkok in the pool or lounging around.

But we did not spend our time lounging around, because the hotel is linked directly to the Sathorn Skytrain station which made access to other parts of the city very straightforward.

All in all, we can only but give Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn high praise. It is worth every Dollar. If I return to Bangkok in the near future, I would not think twice about staying in the hotel again.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a few dollars a night and get a room on a higher floor. Definitely worth it. And get acc...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband, mother and I stayed at the Eastin Grand Hotel for a week during our time in Bangkok. I have only good things to say in regards to the hotel, the service, the staff, the facilities and the location! This hotel is everything you could ask for at an amazing price, 5 star luxury accommodation. The highlights include the outstanding buffet breakfast which resembled something I have never seen before! Absolutely beautiful food. The hotel has its own bridge connected to the BTS which takes you every where you need to go such as Siam, MBK, and the river so that you are able to get on a boat and travel to the grand palace and surrounding temples etc. a The BTS is a really cheap and reliable way to get around Bangkok. The staff go above and beyond to help you out, whatever your needs may be. I just loved my time at The Eastin Grand and would recommend to anyone time and time again. I will return when I am in Thailand again. Thank you to all the staff! :)

• Stayed July 2014