“Reasonable hotel”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #78 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
“Reasonable hotel”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Can't compete with Holiday Inn Ploenchit and Crown Plaza Lumpini. Doesn't feel a warm welcome although i stayed in an excecutive club room. Club lounge amenities are poor. Also the clumsy handling for asking a signature for a drink in the club lounge isn't comfortable.
The room has a lot noise from street despite 24th floor.

Next time Bangkok will definately not at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy. Don't recommend to pay extra for poor club lounge amenities
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on our page. Thank you for letting me know about the service delivered by my team. Could you kindly contact me directly by email (h7272-gm2@accor.com) and give me some further details for my investigation on this.

Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder in servicing our future guests.

It was unfortunate that such an incident occur during your stay with us. We hope that it will not deter you from choosing to stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum in the future.

Novotel Bangkok Platinum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Started off a lousy from the hotel. Told them we have 3 adults and 2 young kids and ask if we could all fit in the suite. They reply yes and even gave the size of the bed when i wanted to make sure they could provide 2 big beds. When we reach there they only provided 1 king and 1 extra single bed. When i asked the duty manager his reply was the dimensions in the email was wrong. Not even a word of apology. I was travelling with my kids and my parents and was hoping for best comfort thats why we took the suite. If they had advise appropriately i could have instead book connecting rooms as the price of the suite is not cheap. And when i wanted to change to 2 connecting rooms the answer was their rooms are all full. So only when i mention that can they fit an extra single bed, they say sure you have to pay extra SGD 90 a day without breakfast... Think they could be more transparent about this....
Think the suites are totally not worth it, bathtub hot water was not working. Despite asking twice upon arrival to fix it, no one bothered to do anything till the next day i went to frontdesk and ask. Then they said oh we will change your room for you. Change our rooms then the bathtub water working in opposite directions which was not very kids friendly then.Rooms are dim and shower water also turns hot and cold abruptly which my elder boy nearly was screaming in pain when the water turns very hot.If you call in room dining or housekeeping the phone never gets through so you have to call front desk instead. Suites can dine on 24th floor lounge for breakfast which serves less variety of breakfast on the 6th floor and the service is non existent. They put in the website complimentary late check out for suites and when we ask they say sorry they cannot provide as their rooms are full. So dun bother to book the suites... Probably the standard rooms might be more worth for money as location is just directly above platinum mall. For me, will not stay in novotel anymore as this was quite a bad experience for me and my family. Dun think they are bothered by this anyway as they gave me an impression that they dun need my business anyway. Left my phone charger in the room and dun think they will bother to sent it back unlike other hotel chains.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sylv79
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Novotel Bangkok Platinum for your recent visit to Bangkok.

We also thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your stay at our hotel.
I am sorry for your disappointment in regards to the issues you faced with our Executive Suite. I am currently investigating with our Rooms Division Manager and the team members involved on your case. Thank you for letting us know. My engineer team is currently re-checking the problem with the water.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel.

Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is my second time staying here after 2 years. It is still a great hotel in terms of location and the standard of the rooms have been maintained so that is really good as hotels usually start to deteriorate after the novelty of their new-ness. I'm glad that Novotel Platinum has managed to upkeep and maintain their rooms etc so I will definitely stay here again next time

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us.

It is great to read that you appreciate our maintenance system which we have in place since the beginning. I will let our team know about your positive comment.

We hope therefore to welcome you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum in the very near future.

Lampang
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Nice atmosphere on the sixth floor, lounge and lobby, good taste of welcome drink and good quality of breakfast.
Very good location, good street food across the street near the canal Sansab such as chicken rice and noodles, satae as well.

Near wholesale shopping center especially clothes.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us. Thank you for your comments on the lounge, the lobby, the welcome drink and the quality of breakfast. I will share this with the team of course.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was our first time staying at the Novotel Platinum.

Firstly, the bed. OMG this is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. It was amazing. Secondly, the staff could not do more to assist and welcome you to their hotel. I had a button come off the dress I was going to wear that evening. I put it to the side and just mentioned it to Jeep in the Lounge area. She immediately offered to get me a sewing kit so I could fix. Jeep and her male colleague really made the experience of the lounge very special and personable.

The room was very modern, with a very stylish bathroom, complete with a rain shower. The room was lovely and the location is so convenient above Platinum. We used their gym facilities whilst we were there and they were very modern and clean. Although it is a large resort we felt it was such a quiet stay. Breakfast was good, and we also enjoyed lunch in their bar area.

Finally, the guys on level 6 need to be commended for the client service. On both nights we stayed their we returned to a restaurant we know and love. In obtain a taxi for us, they would send taxis away if they quoted too much for the destination and they ensured we were offered the right price. This does not happen often in Bangkok, and we were so grateful for this service, so thank you guys.

All in all a wonderful stay. We have found our new favourite in Bangkok and we will be back !

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the club rooms.
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay with us at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel.

I am delighted to know that your experience was such an outstanding one and am sure that our team of staff will be equally thrilled by your compliments. It is great that you appreciated the efforts from our Premier Lounge and concierge team, who took care of you.

It is always so great to receive feedback such as yours to let us know what we're doing right and it also helps us work toward our commitment to deliver a service that is second to none fo our guests.

We look forward to welcoming all of you again the next time you return to Bangkok.

George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

from the first day with the first step in this hotel make me feel welcome ,the staff really well train and helpful , i had been to bangkok many time but this hotel i will rate it as 10/10 .service,location,room,food is excellent ...sure will be back to this hotel again

Room Tip: the higher the better
1 Thank ksooi
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for the feedback and that you recently stayed with us while enjoying your time in Bangkok.

Thank you for the appreciation on the team, the location, the room and the food, which you mentioned is excellent.

We hope to welcome you back here in Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for two nights in July 2014 bit disappointing. Staff is not fully trained. Cleaning machines in the lobby at 2030 hrs while guests were sitting there. Only one restaurant (open only till 1030 pm so be careful if you are a late eater) other one is a coffee shop. Be careful if you are a vegetarian you might get shrimps in vegetarian Thai noodles. Manager in the Coffee shop was straight forward "What can I do now " after serving shrimps in vegetarian dish. No toiletries in the washroom you have to ask for them. Pool is very small. Certainly not a four star quality

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank umeshdanwani
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your support and for sharing your impressions on our page. I am very sorry for your disappointment with the performance of our team, the cleaning operation timings of the lobby, the opening timings of the restaurant and the incident you had in our restaurant. I have taken note of this and will follow up on this with the team. Please be informed that our Square restaurant is open until 11pm and our Platinum lounge offers a great variety of food until 1am. Our room service is available 24 hours.

Thank you for the comment on the vegetarian Thai noodles. I will investigate on this together with our team.

Thank you again for your recommendation and together with the Team I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest Regards