“Terrible Experience”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #76 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 August 2014

During second trip to Bangkok in Mar 14, I choose to stay at Novotel based on my previously experience. Not super good but overall ok. However, it was a total disappointment from the start. First the totally forgotten about my airport transfer. Even when I called the hotel, the were totally unaware. Next, I specifically asked them to prepare a birthday surprise for my wife and reminder them the day before to prepare. On the actual day, the still manage to screw up. The room is not clean. How I know is I can still see leftover food under couch. And the corner room they give me has a bang sound very morning. Their executive breakfast was cancel due to low occupancy rate. But that one of the highlights for guest staying at the executive level. Totally disappointment. If you want a hotel near the shopping mall then this hotel is ok. If we want something worth your money then better look around.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OolongBen
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback with us.

Please accept my apologies in regards to your airport transfer, the birthday surprise for your wife, the cleanliness in the room, the sound

in front of your room and the breakfast in the Premier Lounge.

I will together with my head of departments investigate why we failed in those areas. It would be great if you could

send me directly an email (h7272-gm2@accor.com<mailto:h7272-gm2@accor.com>) once you decide to return to our hotel, which would be more than appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back here at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Best Regards,

Novotel Bangkok Platinum

Write a ReviewReviews (3,234)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked the hotel for my mum and bro who was travelling, and true enough mum was really happy with the hotel service and room comfort. Thank you novotel novotel for the birthday cake. Their stay was in the executive room and the overall staying experience was one of the best they had in Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Novotel Team A, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Dear Shuztan,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to read that we have exceeded your expectations and that you found the overall experience at Novotel Bangkok Platinum on of the best you had in Bangkok! It was our absolutely pleasure to make your mom really happy and feel special on her birthday.

We look forward to service you and your family again in the near future

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Mixed feeling about this hotel, good location, nice room, new furniture, good amenity, bed very comfortable, and hk work very good, room very clean. Standard of service is so-so. Worst breakfast I ever had, if compare with another hotels, very poor variety and quality of food not that good. So it will be ok to stay here few days, but don't expect too much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Novotel Team A, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Dear Sergei P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to read that you were satisfied with our good location, nice, clean rooms, comfortable beds and good amenities. I regret to read that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. It is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I have shared your comments with our kitchen team to ensure that this offering is improved accordingly.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and I am looking forward to welcome you at Novotel Bangkok Platinum on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is my first option in Bangkok city. I stayed at this hotel for numerous time and I always happy with the service received there. Only this time, I had an issue during check-in. On my reservation and followed by correspondence, I have specifically asked for an extra bed. We checked in at 11.30pm and found out no extra bed available. The front office in charge (Mr Caine) can't find any remark on my reservation indicating this. We spent 1 hour until past midnight to have this settled but no solution can be given except they will provide a free extra room to accommodate but this is not possible because the bed is for my 8-years old son and impossible to put him separately on different room. He promised me to have the extra bed ready the next day.
The next day, I was being approached by K. Pump whom was very apologetic of the condition. Probably only because her apologetic nature, I decided not to move hotel next time.
Apart from this matter, other things runs perfectly well.
Mattress is very comfortable, rooms are clean and free internet with decent speed.

Room Tip: Most of rooms are fine, So you should not be worry with the room selection
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank verdims
Novotel Team A, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your feedback with us.

Iam sorry for the misunderstanding with the extra bed and have already discuss this further with our front office and reservation team. Thank you for letting me know.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 August 2014

the hotel is good and the location is a walking distant to a nearby markets and shopping center both for locally made and the branded one. outside the hotel their are many sidewalk vendors and eateries. try some street foods so you can experience thai street foods. be sure also to try thai massage in the room. the food in the restaurant is nice and the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: we stayed in the sixth floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank limcontravel

Dear limcontravel,

Thank you for sharing your experience concerning your recent stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum. I was happy to read your positive feedback about our hotel, location, in room massage and restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Staff are friendly, quick service, no communication problem. Room is clean n neat. I like the bed, very comfortable but no bath tub. Breakfast is normal but pastries not so fine. I like their in house massage. Good location to shopping malls. But not near to BTS.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Aggie Lim C

Dear Aggie Lim C,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a great review. I noted that you enjoyed all the hotel had to offer such as our friendly staff, quick service, clean and neat rooms and our in house massage. I regret to read you were not satisfied with our pastries and I will share your comment with our pastry chef.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay. My plane was delayed for 12 hours and needed a place to stay in the city. Very cheap for a good hotel like this. The thing that I loved the most is the location. Beside the Platinum Mall! Great stuff if you want to shop for your whole family. Had a bad experience with the staff though. They are not really friendly to foreigners. You will be happy otherwise. Have a nice stay there!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Michaelgunawan94,

Thank you for choosing Novotel as your accommodation choice for you and your family during your recent visit to Bangkok and for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay and I noted that you were most satisfied with our location and room rate.

We are looking forward to welcome you and your family again on your next trip to Bangkok.