Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
US$192
US$108
Travelocity
3,507 results
All reviewscentral worldbig cpremier loungesquare restaurantfashion mallexcellent locationexecutive roomwelcome drinkwalking distancestrategic locationshopping districtthe ground floorshower areanight markethotel lobbypleasant stayduty manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed from 30-August to 3 August Room 1007.

After a luxurious stay at Amari Ocean Pattaya for 4 nights, Novotel seemed to be a budget hotel rather than a 4 star. of course rates are 4 star. Very tiny rooms, smelly carpet.. Design of bathroom sink is so bad that water spills allover when you open tap. I have checked in late in the evening at 8 PM. Requested for a high rise room, denied out-rightly and given a reason that all rooms are occupied as i am late :)

Pros: Only location nothing else

Cons: Tiny rooms even deluxe or executive.

Breakfast/Food : Indians don't even think about it. Chose only if you can eat corn flakes, bakery items. There were 3 items for Indian food. The taste was so bad. I felt Panner (cheese cake) curry made with rubber.

Staff : Staff were helpful and polite except for the ones at reception.

I am a Leclub member myself and have stayed at other Novotel properties. I will not recommend this to anyone for sure.

Chose Novotel as last option. My suggestion is to stay at Amari Watergate which is right opposite to Platinum Mall.

Room Tip: Chose room on Platinum Mall entrance side. Otherwise you will end up seeing dirty canal all the time from your room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sujan p
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave your feedback with us.

I am very sorry to read that the size of the rooms, the design of the carpet and the breakfast offer did not meet your expectations.

We are currently reviewing with our Executive chef and Food and Beverage manager our breakfast in order to add more indian dishes

and to improve on the quality of several items.

Thank you for letting us know and to give us the chance to improve ourselves. I appreciate your compliments on the hospitality of our

team members and of course our very unique location.

We hope to welcome you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel in the very near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had decided to book a suite this time. It was an enjoyable trip. The bedroom was big and comfortable, with a king size bed. There was also two arm chairs and a lounge chair in the living area. In the bathroom, there was a big bathtub, a shower area and two basins. What we appreciated was that there were also two toilets in the room. We were staying in the high floor and the view was really great.
Staying in the suite also entitled us to free cocktails every evenings. We only shopped around our hotel and thus, were able to come back to the hotel to have the cocktails (which include all drinks and some finger food) every evenings during our stay.
To add on to the positive experience, the staff were really nice and attentive.
As for the shopping, it was really convenient. Beside Platinum Mall, we also liked the night market along the street. We had tried some street food and it was really cheap and tasty.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Novotel Team A, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Dear kccreate,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about us on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to read you had an enjoyable stay! I noted that you enjoyed all benefits that our suites offer such as a great view, complimentary cocktails & finger food. It is with great pleasure that I will compliment our staff on their friendliness and attentiveness.

We truly appreciate your patronage and are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Novotel Platinum has the international Novotel standard. Great check in process, knowledgable concierges, top notch 4 star service.

Breakfast variety is good. But since we want to try local thai food, we ate at Platinum food court at other times. Food was really cheap and good.

The hotel is located above the Platinum mall. So it is heaven for all shopaholics. Very cheap items. Mostly are fixed price so there is no need to haggle. Good place to stay at Bangkok

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Vivi W

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about Novotel Bangkok Platinum. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed our swift check-in process, knowledgeable concierges and our 4 star service.

Our entire team is looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This novotel located just beside platinum mall. For those who like to do shopping, that is the best hotel to stay in. The reception services are good and prompt. The hotel also provides in room massage until 1am with very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Since it is a new hotel, their rooms are new, clean and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate N

Dear Kate N,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us at Novotel Bangkok Platinum. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will be honored to personally recognize our front office team for their dedication to customer service and hard work.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

During second trip to Bangkok in Mar 14, I choose to stay at Novotel based on my previously experience. Not super good but overall ok. However, it was a total disappointment from the start. First the totally forgotten about my airport transfer. Even when I called the hotel, the were totally unaware. Next, I specifically asked them to prepare a birthday surprise for my wife and reminder them the day before to prepare. On the actual day, the still manage to screw up. The room is not clean. How I know is I can still see leftover food under couch. And the corner room they give me has a bang sound very morning. Their executive breakfast was cancel due to low occupancy rate. But that one of the highlights for guest staying at the executive level. Totally disappointment. If you want a hotel near the shopping mall then this hotel is ok. If we want something worth your money then better look around.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OolongBen

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback with us.

Please accept my apologies in regards to your airport transfer, the birthday surprise for your wife, the cleanliness in the room, the sound

in front of your room and the breakfast in the Premier Lounge.

I will together with my head of departments investigate why we failed in those areas. It would be great if you could

send me directly an email (h7272-gm2@accor.com<mailto:h7272-gm2@accor.com>) once you decide to return to our hotel, which would be more than appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back here at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Best Regards,