“Drinking on the river”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you're looking for a place to enjoy a nice beer on the bank of the Chao Phraya River, Viva Aviv is a good spot to check out. The drinks are reasonably priced for the location, and the view is great. Surprisingly, the dinner cruise boats pull right up to dock and the servers dance on the deck to provide you with one of the strangest shows you will have seen lately.

The food is pricey, but if you're sticking to beer the prices are much more reasonable!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nice ambience, food was much better than I expected, service was on par with what you would expect with their prices.

Great view, good decor, would I go back? Probably not but still a fun little place.

3  Thank KaspXhotels
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Recently I have been staying at the Royal Orchid Sheraton and while the food is very good there I discovered Viva & Aviv in the adjacent River City Mall. There is outdoor seating right on the dock, with a low vibe of Leonard Cohen's somewhat haunting music in the background. It is now my go to place, both for lunch and dinner. Every single dish that I have tried has been excellent and beautifully presented. The drink selection is wide ranging and all are excellent. I have tried calamari; wings; ribs; fresh oysters (huge and tasty); grilled tiger prawns; pork skewer; Pad Thai; & Khao Pad Goong--and their fries excel. I order them will every meal. Not a complaint among the lot. A word of caution, however, the wings and the ribs (while cooked perfectly) are very bland without a hint of heat or spicy. If that is not your preference, be sure to ask them to kick it up a notch or two (pet mok). Also, the mixed olives appetizer is served warm (as in temp not spice). First time I have encountered that. Service is great and when not too busy the manager will stop and chat. After a couple of visits you are recognized as a regular and more visits makes the experience even better. River City is the embarkation point for many dinner cruise ships so the restaurant gets crowded during early evening with folks having drinks while waiting to board. At most other times it is pretty much wide open. A most delightful spot with great food and drinks and a wonderful staff.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hello!
I live in Bangkok and have eaten at Viva&Aviv several times. It's right by the River and you can sit inside or out which is covered but open front and sides.
The very unusual Cocktails are well worth perusing and the Menu is varied but not extensive.
The service is very good.
If you plan on 2 - 3 Cocktails per person and a Main course each...possibly a few extra....
I would say allow 1,000 Baht per person.....about 17 English Pounds a head.
On my last visit I took a party of 4 and it was 4,050 Baht....As I always do I went to the Desk to pay and not at the table.
The young Girl Cashier was very friendly BUT made a big mistake....probably thinking I am a Tourist and said.....'YOU CAN LEAVE 5,000 Baht!" Cheeky!
I told her I have lived in Thailand 10 years and she should not say that.
she said 'Sorry'.....I am a generous Tipper and would have left 500 Baht ( far too much ) but I left 300.....so she/they lost out!
A normal tip I think would have been about 100 - 200. And from a Thai 40 BAHT!!
It's a good place though and their 4 Cheese Pizza ( which is a dish I don't usually eat ) is Yummy !

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Ate here on our first night in BKK having flown in that morning and staying at the Royal orchid Sheraton next door. We were starving, jet lagged and in dire need of a cocktail!

We wandered across to the River City complex and stumbled across Viva & Aviv. We chose a seat right on the front & enjoyed watching all of the dinner cruises come & go whilst eating & a few drinks. The Mojito was fantastic & the food was just what we wanted! The feel of the bar / restaurant is rustic and Cuban. I loved it! If your staying near by definitely give this place a go!

Been to Viva & Aviv? Share your experiences!