“Won't recommend, Manage your expectation before you go.”
Review of Grand Alpine

Grand Alpine
Ranked #688 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Won't recommend, Manage your expectation before you go.”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have read some reviews before I decided to book this hotel but at that point of time, the only bad thing that ppl flagged out is the location so I thought it was okay and manageable. Just few days before my arrival, I saw more negative reviews online, so I lowered down my expectation and was kind of prepared to stay in a below average hotel.
True enough, the hotel was not so ideal in terms of location (small alley, really hard to find), breakfast (same items for all 3 days), entertainment (there's only 3 or 4 English channels), and room comfort (toilet was abit old, poor sound prof). Worst thing is they provided us with dirty towels on the last day and when we requested to change, the reception said there's no extra towels in the ENTIRE HOTEL?!! and the so-called free tuk-tuk was spoilt throughout our stay until the last day before we check-out.
But I'm thankful for their service and they have upgraded us from superior to deluxe room. Wifi speed was okay too.

If you are looking for boutique hotels in pratunam area, I'd recommend Baiyoke Boutique instead. You'll get more comfortable stay at the same price, but without wifi.

Room Tip: If you are looking for boutique hotels in pratunam area, I'd recommend Baiyoke Boutique instead...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Feon L,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experiences on your recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for all the inconvenience you have encountered. We profoundly regret that we were not able to meet your expectations though we are bound to provide quality hotel services to our valued guests.

Further, we have taken note of your comments on our deficiencies thus we will try our very best to improve whatever is necessary to be able to serve you better.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Thank you once again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
Surat
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Right now i am here. Hotel's location is amazing. It is half a minute far from hotel Bayoke Sky. There is a great night shopping market around this hotel. Indra Market is a minute away. Platinum plaza is at five minutes distance. On the whole it is a great hotel with the great location, great food and great service.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Mayur_Mehta
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Mayur_Mehta,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding our hotel. It is our pleasure to have the opportunity to accommodate you during your travel here in Bangkok. It is also very heartwarming to know that you appreciated our services as well as the entirety of your stay. With it, please accept our sincerest appreciation. We are duty-bound to provide excellent hotel services and rest assured that we will maintain if not exceed giving quality comfort and relaxation to our valued guests.

Please feel free to contact me anytime should you need any hotel assistance or travel concerns here in Bangkok. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Breakfast is average, but overall are good. Front Desk Officers are friendly that made our stay comfortable. Quite cheap, location is very nice. Although location is near market, we didnt thought that its an advantage.. but as days goes by, we realised its great. I actually recommend this hotel to my friends, if we go back to bangkok, I'll make sure that we will stay again in Grand Alpine. Overall, I had a great experience in this hotel. Safety is great...

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank rvee_maranan
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Rvee_Maranan,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangkok. It is our pleasure to have given you the services you deserve and we are glad you have appreciated it. Rest assured that we will maintain providing excellent and quality hotel services to our valued guests.

I would also like to extend my appreciation for sharing your wonderful review. Should you need assistance on your reservation and travel to Bangkok, please feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you once again.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed there for 3 night in this hotel, On our every 1st day we ask the hotel to help us to make appointment for the massage on our last night before we fly back to Singapore. On monday is our appointment for our massage, therefore we came back to the hotel quite early and get ready for the massage yet we still need to walk 15min in the night time to the hotel location for our massage, and the shop was closed and we had to called back the hotel to check what's going on and the lady who book for us blame it on the massage shop that they closed and does not know why.. another was Monday which is Bangkok's Mother's day celebration which we are not aware of yet we ask the front office about the night market is it open for today and they say yes and told us the night market will open till 1am and it was abt 8pm so we make a move to the night market and it seems weird and we had to ask the people on the road and they told us that "today is mother day, night market no open" we was so angry we had to make our way back to the hotel and ends of day.. which we can plan for other things.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vivian1985
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Vivian1985,

Thank you for your recent stayed with us. I would like to convey my sincerest apologies for all the unpleasant experiences you have encountered during your recent stay with us. It is of much regret that you were not given proper information on your queries and we are not able to assist you the way you expected it. Rest assured that your feedback were properly noted so we could make necessary improvements to be able to give you better service.

I am fervently looking forward to having you again in the future.

Truly yours,

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at these hotel by 30 august , hotel is quite simple for the design and room amenities.
There is a wifi free on every room with fair speed to access. But the problem is the sound prof at the room we can hear some body walked arround the corridor.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Reza I,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Thailand. Your observations are well appreciated since it would help us improve our system. Your comfort and satisfaction is our topmost priority. Rest assured that we will do our best to improve our facilities in order to serve you better.

We look forward to having you again in the future.

Best regards,

Hanoi
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I had my worst experience upon checkout and was told by the manager Mr. Pinto that their credit card machine was not working, and I did not have enough spare cash to pay with, so I was stuck and they wouldn't let me go for no fault of mine.
Finally I had to borrow some cash from a friend to pay the bill for having stayed 6 nights.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank haresh2009
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Haresh2009,

Thank you for expressing your sentiments on your experience with us. I deeply regret on the credit card machine incident which is very inconvenient on your part. Upon your check-out and payment transaction, Our Front Desk personnel found out that the network connection with our bank has some technical problem. We could not immediately fix the said connection for your transaction and we are not have other option than to request you to pay in cash.

Rest assured that we do not intend any detriment that would cause you distress. We are again very sorry for what happened and we would like to guarantee you that we will do our best to avoid these incident in the future.

We do hope that we can be of service to you once again in our hotel.

Sincerely

Mr. Tam Pinnark
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Checked in on Sat evening and left on Wed. On Sun, when we went back to the room after a day of shopping, we realized that although the room was made up, floor mat, toilet rolls and shower foam was missing.
On Mon, the room was not made up at all. We finally called at about 4pm to request for someone to clean up the room.
On Tues, there was a heavy rain in the evening and the wall leaked. There was a pool of water formed on the floor and I almost slipped. When I feedback at the reception, instead of apologizing, the guy told me he don't know. He kept repeating this even when I told him I was trying to feedback. I was really angry and disappointed! Someone who doesn't listen to feedback shouldn't be in the service industry at all!
For all days, the room was not cleaned properly. The very instant I checked in, I saw hair on the bedside table till the day I left. It is pretty obvious that it hadn't been cleaned at all.
The only saving grace was the porter who volunteered to help us with our luggage whenever he saw us lugging back our heavy shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank knglina
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Knglina,
First of all, we highly appreciated your feedback for this could help us in improving our services. Your comfort and satisfaction is our topmost priority thus, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay in our hotel.

In our desire to give you quality service, we are also very particular in cleanliness and orderliness. Our housekeeping staffs are trained for this matter but we can assure you that we will exert more effort in making improvements in order to serve you better.

With regards to our Front Desk Staff, we deeply regret for this untoward incident and rest assured all your feedbacks are properly noted. We hope we could be of service to you again in the future and I do sincerely sorry for your experienced

In the meantime, with our best regards