“Helpful Staff”

Ranked #709 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4D3N. Staffs are nice and helpful. Near to airport link station (3 mins via shortcut) & phatunum market. Since it's is not located in main road, it may not a very good suggestion if plan for your shopping trip, especially after shopping in night markets, Big C, Central World or Platinum mall, etc. Else, it's could be listed in your list.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kiew L
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Kiew L,

I am so delighted to have you as one of our guests during your recent travel to Bangkok. Thank you very much for appreciating our staff and services. This truly inspires us to work harder to provide better and quality service.

With regards to our location, we are at the most convenient part of Pratunam shopping area and a walking distance away from several shopping destinations in this part of Bangkok. Moreover, we provide free tuk-tuk service which will take you particularly to the main road should you prefer to ride than walk. Pratunam is best known for affordable shopping items and is considered one of Bangkok's most visited shopping destinations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need hotel and travel assistance on your next visit to Bangkok. Thank you once again.

Yours truly,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

The service was good, had made reservation via email. The hotel was very good and the service was awesome. They even provided my electronic port for electronic devices for free.

But the breakfast wasn't that good as per the service. I think it would be great, if the breakfast would offer more variety of foods.

Stayed February 2014
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Iamkushal,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Bangkok. We also appreciated your effort in taking time to post your review on us. Though apparently not quite satisfied, I am still joyed to know that you found our hotel convenient to your travel, and our staff were able to assist you on your needs. I would like to apologize for all our deficiencies but rest assured that we are sternly improving our system and facilities to give better service to our valued guests.

Thank you once again and we look forward on your next visit with us.

Respectfully yours,

Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Is a basic hotel with all facilities comfortable for business traveler also good location in pratunam for shopping
Good value for money and good for family and business trip
Location is excellent in pratunam

Room Tip: Stay and value for money
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Worstsecurityinhotel,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Please know that your positive review on us were very much appreciated. I am glad that you found our hotel suitable to your travel and shopping needs. We are truly honoured having you as our guest and you will always be welcome to stay with us again next time.

Thank you very much and we look forward on your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Me and my friends stayed at Grand Alpine for 4D3N. We got this deal through groupon and of course coming from groupon, we didn't expect much for accomodation. We had low expectations but least did we expect to be slapped in the face with such bad customer service and poor accommodation.

Let's start on the first day. When we reached the room on level 5, we already noticed leaking coming from the side of the air-con. So before we go out to explore the night market, we informed the receptionist on duty about it; allowing them to access our room to fix the air-con while we are out. We ASSUME they will fix it...

When we came back, guess what we saw? A towel placed right below the air-con to soak up the leaking. W-O-W... How come we didn't think of that? GENIUS! Alright... we couldn't be bothered to kick up a fuss about it so we just let the towel sit there to do it's job. Next morning, my friend's make-up was wet because the towel was soaked through.

On the 2nd day, we were out all day from the half-day tour/Chatuchak. All we wanted to do right after is just unpack whatever shopping we did and rest. But behold, at around 12.20ish am again we noticed leaking but this time, it's coming from both ends of the air-con. Which is way worst because it is dripping directly on the flat-screen tv! (see attached photo to get what I mean)

I called the reception who came immediately (a thai staff. I assume he's new because he was very flustered and seem not to know what to do) and not surprisingly, he suggested the towel-solution (is that how they solve everything in the hotel? With towels?!) in which I said "pls don't be ridiculous, you expect to cover the whole tv set with towel now?"

Requested for a new room, but the dude said he will bring an engineer to fix the air-con for us right there and then, assuring us it will be quick. We still feel it is unsafe to stay in a room with exposed electricity and water. What if there's a short circuit or power failure? We didn't know how much water has seeped through the tv and we didn't want to risk knowing. So I went down to ask for the manager, who wasn't around. In the end I spoke to same thai staff and again he denied my request for a room change. In which I asked him, would he stay in the same room knowing there has been an exposed water and electricity issues? He said yes.
Are you f kidding me?

There's another indian night staff and I spoke to him as well, but he's not helping either. Saying that room transfers are impossible as it was fully occupied. Yeah ok. Standard answer for: Sorry but we are just lazy and it saves us the hassle to prepare a new room for you.

After telling me that he will ask the engineer to change the tv set as well, I dropped the matter. So we had to wait and sit outside for approximately half an hour. The thai staff reassured us that leaking will not happen again. We were so angered by the inconvenience. They should have just fixed it the first time we informed them about the leaking.

Next morning on the third day at 6 am, my friend woke up to an amazing indoor pool in our room. Read that sentence again with a note of sarcasm. The whole table and floor was wet! Our belongings are soaked overnight. I had enough, went down, requested for a new room and finally they gave in. After countless times our belongings got soaked, double that with such inconvenience we had to put up with.

After breakfast, we finally got a chance to speak with the manager who offered to upgrade the room for us in "compensation".

Overall, we were happy with the bigger room upgrade but again, we realized a foul sewage stench coming from the toilet pipes. It was so bad that I had to spray something to mask the smell. We just lived with it, since it was our last night there and we had to fly off the next day.

I think this is my first time going for a holiday where we had three different room transfers.
Seriously, reading the other reviews, I think the only good thing about this hotel is it's location.

Management, please re-train your staff and do something about the foul stench in toilet room 512. And yes, even after multiple requests for the iron and ironing board on the first day, it NEVER came.

Just like our future return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Shikinrhmn,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

First of all, let me thank you for making us part of your travel to Bangkok. Your feedback were truly appreciated as it will help us define our deficiencies. Secondly, it is evident that we were not able to have given you the service you expected to have, and with it, please accept my sincerest apology.

Though considered a budget hotel, we always see to it that we abide on the standards of this industry. We are also adamant on our desire to give our guests utmost comfort and services. I understand these would not compensate the inconveniences you have experienced but rest assured that we will try our best to avoid such occurrences in the future.

Thank you once again and I hope we could be of service to you next time.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I was there at Grand Alpine from 20 -23rd Feb 2014. Not too bad a location, just 8 mins walk to Platinum Fashion Mall and from there quite easy to walk to other nearby bigger malls.

I only felt that the minus point was the poor ventilation in the toilets. Perhaps the hotel can do something abt this. Friendly staff and the breakfast was alright.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thana N
Dear Thana N,

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Bangkok. I am delighted that you have found our location convenient with regards to your shopping needs as well as your commendation on our staff and services.

Moreover, your feedback were properly noted and rest assured that we will do our best to make the necessary improvements.

My appreciation once again and hoping to see you again next time.

Yours truly,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Very Basic. It is more of like mediocre Guest House. Rooms are stinking, no ventilation in toilets. They provide only one complementary tea & dairy pouch per day in the room. No coffee. Our rooms did not had windows it was worst. Only plus point is the location with many indian restaurant nearby & street food, street market, fashion house within walking distance. Food very basic. Airport link station in walking distance. Hotel is safe, and have hindi/english speaking staff otherwise language is a big problem in thailand. They do not have separate cloak room but the luggeges are well looked after even in open area and are safe. If u r looking for low cost/budget hotel with only sleep purpose ask for rooms with windows otherwise look for other option in the same location.

If book tickets of any destination from hotel travel section, they provide transfers which is included in the ticket cost which we came to know later. I was charged extra 100 bhatt for transfer (one way) to madam tussauds, saying vehicle shall be arranged from market which was not true. I cud not charge him because he was not on duty till we left the hotel, So ensure everything beforehand.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows. Confirm before booking.They have rooms without windows which are awefull.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank reena56
Dear Reena56,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

I truly appreciated your effort on sharing your experience with us. I understand we have not met your expectations and with it please accept my apologies. Our hotel provides complimentary bottled water, coffee, sugar and creamer for every room each day. You can also request upon check-in should you prefer room with window or not.
Our Front Desk Staff would have gladly on assistance should we have been informed of these matters. Through the inconveniences you have encountered, rest assured that we are sternly doing our best to make improvements in our system and facilities to be able to serve you better.

Thank you very much for staying with us and I look forward on having you again next time.

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights (31st jan - 4th feb)
I used GPS so i can easily find the location, just 5 minutes walk from nearest airportlink station. The location is very good, many food stalls are there and if you want to do some shopping, i recommend you to stay at this hotel.
The staffs are very nice and helpful.
I'm quite impressed by the size of the room (i stayed at room 406), it's much bigger than i thought before and very clean. They provide free wifi and the internet was so fast. The room also has cable tv, shower with hot water, and refrigerator.
I will comeback to stay at this hotel

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Lukasadit,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

I am so thankful for the wonderful review you had on us. It is overwhelming to know that our hotel was able to provide the services and facilities you require on your travel. As always, we strive hard to cater the best for our guests because your satisfaction is our topmost priority. I am also glad that you found our location convenient and suitable to your itineraries. With it, I assure you that we shall continuously give the quality service you deserve.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any hotel assistance. We earnestly look forward on your next visit with us. Thank you once again.