“Great Little Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #708 of 845 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Great Little Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The location and price of the hotel is awesome. It is pretty much in the middle of everything tourist. Just walk down and you get street stalls open all day with food and lots of shopping. If you are up for it you can choose to walk to Platinum Mall which is about 15mins walk away.

Hotel room is nothing to brag about, but hey when you go to Bangkok you don't stay in the hotel rooms all day long.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HDRcorp
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 9 June 2015
Dear HDRCorp,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback of our hotel. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again next time.

Respectfully yours,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here when it first opened and everything was new and clean.
Now, barely 2 years later this hotel has been worn out babies guests and looking tired.
No service rendered. It has become a very basic hotel.
Standard of hotel is now more towards budget to upscale backpackers

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank travellernot2urist
TamPinnark, General Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 1 December 2014
Dear Travellernot2urist,

Thank you for visiting Grand Alpine Hotel once again. It was an honor having you since your last stay with us. Throughout the years, our hotel has been profound on its desire to provide quality service to our guests from all walks of life. We have maintained our standards as one of the best hospitality provider and constantly in pursuit of innovations in consonance with our aim to continuously give only the best for our valued guests.

I am thankful for your feedback and rest assured that I will go through it to make the necessary improvements. I hope we can be of service again to you next time.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I would recommend this hotel to students or backpackers on a budget. The hotel's location is in the pratunam area itself but can be difficult to find as it is nestled in one of the small Sois/lanes behind the main street. Service is decent but not great, although we liked the free tuk-tuk service offered by the hotel to places near the hotel (like platinum mall). I stayed in the deluxe room for 3 nights and it was a good experience, the rooms were spacious and clean, air-con was new, furnishing was decent etc. All-in-all a good budget hotel that I would recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe double or twin room with more space for a slight premium.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Noelnaik
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Noelnaik,

Thank you for staying at Grand Alpine Hotel. It has been a pleasure having you as our guest and I truly appreciated your positive review on us. I am very glad to know that you have found our accommodation befitting to your needs as well as for appreciating the convenience of our Tuk-tuk service. Rest assured that we are continuously working on improvements to render quality comfort and services.

Thank you once again and I hope to have the opportunity on welcoming you back in our hotel.

Truly yours,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived Bangkok and the Grand Alpine in the late morning. We were a family of 6 travelling together.
Upon arrival our rooms were not ready, but that did not matter much.

The rooms were big and spacious, and clean. Breakfast was a mix of fresh fruits and continental style.
We stayed for 12 days in total

Only negative experience was upon check out. One of the bed sheets in one of our rooms had been marked with a ball pen.So we were asked to pay for damages. It would have been perfectly alright had we damaged the sheet, but as we had not done so, and the sheet had been to laundry service prior to our stay, we were not going to pay. The resulting arguments and heated tempers could have been avoided had the otherwise excellent staff at the front desk been more forth coming and result oriented. A simple call to to the duty manager well before tempers got high, would have resolved the issues swiftly. The duty manager did turn up, and resolved the matter to our satisfaction.

I would highly recommend a stay at the Grand Alpine, and will be back next time in Bangkok.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Akhiss
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Akhiss,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Let me thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review here in Tripadvisor.com. I am joyed to know that you have appreciated our accommodation as well as your kind understanding on your delayed check-in time.

Furthermore, I would like to sincerely apologize on the issue of the bed sheet. However, I am very grateful for your rationality on the matter as we also have our norms and standards as a service provider. Rest assured that we are working hard to improve our system to provide better services to you and other customers as well.

Thank you very much and I hope to welcome you again next time.

Respectfully yours,

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Location Of the Hotel is good only if you are in Bangkok for Shopping Only. Friendly Staffs ..... Descent rooms ..... The Breakfast Is Ok
Good Budget hotel

If you are looking for a good service hotel then this is not the place to be in ............
If you have any issues Get in touch with the Hotel Manager he is very Helpful ..

Room Tip: Dont stay On the 8Th Floor ... If you stay on the 8th Floor then you need to take stairs from the 7...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chitrarath B
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Chitrarath B,

Thank you for staying at Grand Alpine Hotel on your recent trip to Bangkok. I truly appreciated your general impression on us and I want to personally apologize on whatever lapses you may have encountered during your stay.

It is also my honor to have been of assistance to you and rest assured that we are doing our best to continuously offer the best service to our guests.

Thank you once again and I ardently hope to see you again next time.

Yours truly,

Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is my second time in Bangkok. The first time, we stayed at Hotel Vista Express. This time, my professor advised me to book at Grand Alpine Hotel because it is near the market and it is accessible by train. I gladly complied, considering that the price was just right for my budget (1,300 THB per night). Price-wise, it's just right if your agenda here is for shopping only. When we got to Ratchaprarop station (via Airport Link), it took us about 10-15 minutes just to look for the hotel. Good thing I downloaded an offline map. One wrong move, and you'll miss it. As we entered the hotel, there was an odd aura. The front desk staff wasn't very accommodating. I mean, they will answer your question if you ask them, but they will pass you to another person. The bellboys were the only ones who were accommodating, really.

Our room, interior design-wise, is okay. It looks modern, but cheap modern. What frustrated me was the lack of amenities they have. No slippers, no toothbrush and toothpaste, no lotion, no extra tissue, etc. What they do have is ONE small bottle of liquid soap, ONE small bottle of shampoo, and ONE small beauty soap (the size is about one fourth of a regular thai bhat). The air conditioning also took five minutes before it would get cold. Quite disappointing, actually. However, again, if your only agenda here is to shop, this hotel would be good for you.

Overall, I would not book again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose the rooms on the second floor, on the opposite side. Your view will be a residentia...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hellojoy2
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Hellojoy2,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Thank you for making us part of your travel to Bangkok and I am grateful for taking time to share your experiences with us. Evidently we are unable to sufficed all your necessities and with it, I want to personally express my apologies. We value your feedback as it is imperative to our desire to provide quality comfort and services to our guests.

Our hotel is located in the bustling area of Pratunam which is a very known commercial destination in Bangkok. Basically, the premises are congested with businesses, vehicles and people which makes the establishments intricate to locate. Moreover, our hotel is 10-15 minutes walking distance away from the Airport Link Ratchaprarop Station. We always provide our telephone numbers and email address for the convenience of our guests so they could contact us anytime should they need assistance.

As a budget hotel, we are sternly doing our best to cater all your needs because your comfort and satisfaction is our topmost priority. Though quite far from your expectations, we see to it that we provide the essential amenities and supplies we could offer.

Once again, I am deeply sorry for the inconveniences you have encountered. Rest assured that we have properly noted your comments for us to make the necessary improvements.

Please feel free to contact me anytime should you need travel and hotel assistance on your next visit to Bangkok. Thank you very much and I hope to be of service to you in the future.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Location Of the Hotel is good only if you are in Bangkok for Shopping Only.
Friendly Staffs .....
Descent rooms .....
The Breakfast Is Ok
Good Budget hotel

Room Tip: Ask rooms from 5th to 7 th Floor..on 8TH Floor you need to take the stairs
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Chitrarath B,

Thank you once again and I ardently hope to see you again next time.

Yours truly,