“Wasn't Impressed”

Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Bangkok, Thailand
“Wasn't Impressed”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My first time trying something from Bistro 33 was through a delivery service. I tried a simple pizza, as that was what I was craving, and their restaurant looked promising.

This may lie fault of the delivery service, but by the time my pizza arrived it was completely cold. The pizza itself is a good size and could be shared between 1-3 people (depending on how selfish/hungry you are). The crust is as thin as can be, which some people like, but it was also burnt.

Only two slices on the entire pizza were not black.

Between cold cheese, and black crust, I wasn't really impressed and there are much better pizza options offered throughout Bangkok. I haven't tried any of their other food, and would be open to give Bistro 33 another chance, but I won't seek them out on my own again.

• Visited May 2013

Half Moon Bay, California
“Great Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We decided to make a return visit to BIstro 33 for Easter Brunch and were not disappointed. There was a nice selection of seafood appetizers and main course offering traditional roast lamb, ham and turkey. We also tried a variety of deserts all of which were delicious. The speciality was freshly made 'roti' a popular Thai desert. I also saw ice cream cones passed out to the kids which they clearly enjoyed. A live jazz band entertained us. The big selling point for our group is the free flow of whatever drinks you choose, not just beer and wine. We started with mimosas, and switched to wine. The bloody mary's looked appealing but we didn't try them. We never had to request a refill a the staff kept our glasses full the entire time we were there. We felt this was good value and a better option than the big hotel brunches!

• Visited March 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Pathetic steak”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

What a beautiful setting this restaurant has and perhaps the owner no longer cares about the restaurant for whatever reason but my group of 6 ( the only customers in the restaurant ) went this week and apart from the vodka nothing was satisfactory. Out of particular note was the steak which being the most expensive item on the menu and being the waitresses top recommendation was a thin diner like minute steak of low quality meat substance. I am quite sure on previous visits the steak looked much better which is why I state the owner must not be interested in the business any longer if that is what they serve now. Perhaps it was a bad day but not only was it a bad piece of meat the size was small and less than half and inch thick.

Id be glad to go for drinks if a party persuades me to come there otherwise I suggest they close the shop so as not to give their Tenderloin restaurant a further bad reputation.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Rich L
Ayutthaya, Thailand
“A disappointment”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is my second visit to Bistro 33. The first time was about 5 ot 6 years ago with family. At that time the cuisine was solid Italian and good. I was looking forward to it.

First the interior layout was changed. The menu was changed. From Italian to European style with many different cuisines. There was even a Chicken ala Kiev.

I was excited because 2001 in Tashkent was the last time I ate a real Chicken Ala Kiev. By this a chicken breast cutlet rolled out and pounded. Put into the center of the cutlet is a large 1 to 2 inch in length and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in diameter).

With skill and extremely hot oil, the result is a lightly fried outside, and when you cut open one end of the Chicken Ala Kiev the melted butter (herbed to your taste) spews out onto the rice or mashed potatoes.

No hot butter spewed out. This is in spite of the fact that the menu clearly indicates that the Chicken Ala Kiev has a butter core.

• Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Best Burgers in Bangkok”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We've come back to Bistro 33 over 4 times, each time bringing a different family member or friend. We love the burgers here....it is the best after being in SE Asia for a while and missing a good burger.

It is a bit hard to find, but once you are close we just look for the street sign. The only odd thing is that we have almost never seen another customer...perhaps we are just too early, but really no one else around.

We love your food and wine, keep it up!

• Visited May 2012