Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
Hotels.comUS$22
TravelocityUS$22
CheapTicketsUS$22
All reviews provided daily hand towels shower cap tea and coffee the ground floor ratchaparop toothbrushes hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I read a lot of horrible reviews on trip advisor prior to my trip so didn't have high expectation for the hotel. However, it turned out to be an enjoyable 4D3N stay! I must say some of the reviews r reli useful!

The hotel is located at a small, 1-lane back alley, if u take a taxi or tuk tuk, u gotta give them the direction fr indra square, so first night there, I explored the area so that I am familiar with the directions. Please do get a local internet sim card at the airport, my iphone 3G Google map helped a lot on the first night! Google map couldn't locate Pratunam Pavillion, search for Citin Pratunam instead, they r just beside each other. Be careful when u r walking along the alley for the first time. itz a one-lane alley, but the drivers are able to drive as if they r on a two-way road! Awesome driving skills n mutual understanding!

The hotel is in Pratunam area, and itz just a 5-10min walk to Pratunam market and 15-20min walk to Platinum Fashion Mall. Very good location. Bought toomuch things, weather too hot, u can always walk back to hotel to drop your stuffs n hv a quick shower before another round of shopping again. Night market (pasar malam) is there every night from about 6pm to 11pm.

The first day I arrived, there were a lot of African negroes near the hotel, a lot of food stalls and the narrow alley was dirty, the whole place seems messy with all sorts of ppl, it didn't look safe, but it was SAFE! I stayed 4D3N at the hotel all alone, yes, a young lady all alone even returning to the hotel aft 12 midnight and it was safe! itz a bustling alley. My room was on 2nd level facing the alley, so 24hrs a day u'll hear vehicles moving in & out, ppl talking & shouting, the ding-dong bell sounding at e convenience shop just opposite e hotel. I appreciate the noise all night coz I was staying alone, if itz too quiet makes me imagine things... The noise wasn't unbearable coz I was still able to get into deep sleep easily! Appreciate the convenience store opposite the hotel (takes less than 10 steps across the road), able to get sim card top-up there and milk, yoghurt, bread, soap & box tissue.

The door of my room! When closing, make sure u hear that TAT sound n pull to double check if itz tightly closed. I did not pull on my first night out, when I returned, I realised it was not properly closed, but luckily all my belongings were still in place.

My room (it was a double room) was very clean, bright, spacious and new! Bathroom comes with a bath tub, clean n sparkling white! i've been to horrible hotels with yellowish bath tub, yellowish bath curtain n sink. So trust me, this one is reli clean n sparkling white! Big bathroom. Itz a no frills hotel so don't expect something luxurious. If u want sth luxurious, just pay for the price n stay at some luxurious hotels... There is a wardrobe (not many clothes hangers tho), a safe, a big LCD tv, a fridge with daily supply of drinking water n even a hair dryer. Bed is comfortable, not too soft. But there was no tissue box,hand soap nor hand towels. My room is cleaned n made up everyday without me having to press the "make up room" button. Every night upon returning, my room would have been cleaned up already. Towels, pillow cases n bedsheets are changed everyday.

I did not meet with any of the horrible complaints written in some of the reviews. Hot water heater was consistent and everyday I was able to have constant hot/warm water for my long 20min bath. Wifi is strong but u gotta get username n password everyday. Just call reception n ask for it. I didn't have problem communicating with any of the staff and they are polite everytime i approached them, be it regarding my luggage, wifi password or places I wanna go. I saw some hotel guests speaking to the staff in a demanding attitude, well I guess these ppl ought to learn to approach ppl in a more amicable manner before they deserve to b treated with politeness.

On my last day there, I confidently thought I would be returning to this hotel again the next time I'm in Bangkok, because it was indeed worth the price! Cleanliness & brightness of the room was of most importance to me, it met my expectation. Expectation was also met for service attitude of staff & safety of/around the hotel. However, I met some guests staying at the same hotel n we exchanged opinion about the hotel. My conclusion is, how enjoyable your stay is, depends on your luck. It seems that the hotel was inconsistent. My stay on the 2nd floor was great! There were comments from others that stayed on other floors, they didn't get any drinking water for all 4days, there wasn't any hair dryer in the room, there were ants in their room and they had to press the "make up room" button in order for their room to b cleaned.

So I'm still thinking if I shud take the risk the next time I go Bangkok.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
18  Thank Stephanie N
Reviewed 9 June 2012

As its name suggests, Pratunam Pavilion is located in the Pratunam area, beside Citin Pratunam Hotel. Prior to flying to Bangkok, I was reading reviews about the hotel & was pretty dismayed by the mostly horrible reviews. However, the hotel really isn't that bad. Really.

Location wise, it's located in a really narrow alley, practically a one-way street for vehicles. If you take a cab/tuktuk back to your hotel, most drivers won't know where the hotel really is so you end up having to direct them to Baiyoke Sky (which is probably one of the most popular buildings in the area because of its height) and then walking back to your hotel. We ended up getting lost the first night but it really isn't too bad once you get the hang of it. Plus, the way back to the hotel is littered with night markets so you don't really feel the exhaustion when you get to shop!:)

Lobby is pretty small as compared to Citin (I got a sneak peek of the lobby from the road) and the staff speaks broken english so it can be painful to communicate with them sometimes.

The room is pretty alright actually! Albeit small. It's really clean, I really like the toilet. No bathtubs, just a shower. But I really prefer that to dirty bathtubs anytime (you don't know what people do there man). Oh there was one day when they changed the bedsheets and mine was dirty): But other than that, the room is okay. They have a flatscreen tv (with cable channels! But they dub a lot of the channels into Thai), a wardrobe with a safe and a fridge. Aircon was awesome & it wasn't noisy at night during my trip.

Regarding wifi, apparently there was supposed to be complimentary wifi. But when I called the reception desk, the guy was trying to give me the username and password but I couldn't get what he was saying so I ended up anyhow connecting to random networks and got pretty good wifi(: So yep!

Really not a too bad hotel. And there's a sort of 7-11 directly opposite the hotel(:

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank NDee0108
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Before I flew to Bangkok, I have researched about the hotel which we will be staying (Which is offered by the travel company) and was kinda disappointed with reviews that stated upon here. But once I reached the hotel, it was not that bad actually.

The location of the hotel is actually already in Pratunam area. Once you go down the hotel, all around the place are already patunam market, there are day market which is slightly near baiyoke hotel. You will not want to miss out. And then at night, the whole alley will turned into night market. We spent our first night over there already busy shopping.

The people over there are warm and friendly. Yes, they might not be excellent in English but most of them do understand and speak Basic English. Be patience with them, and allow them to have to sometime to understand the full situation if you have any problem, they will try their best to help you.

Our rooms are on the second floor, knowing that we travelled with our friends, they actually considerate enough and offered us room s that are adjoined together. The room was small but yet cosy. It have almost all the things you need there, like a standard hotel. All the basic necessities are available. There are a mini refrigerator, 1 dressing table and chair, safety box and a very small balcony. Do note that only plain water is free in the mini refrigerator. You can get your own drinks downstairs nearby convenience store (Which is just directly opposite the hotel.) The small balcony I just kept it locked at all times since it just beside the construction site plus nothing much to see except walls. The toilet is very small, there are shampoo and body foam offered but no hand soaps and toothpaste. Towels are on the bed. Due to the size constraint, it can only allow you to open one door at times, the glass door or the toilet door. Hangers are also available inside the toilet.

There are two switches near the door side, which are for cleaning service and not to disturb. For my room, unfortunately the switch got problem hence there is not cleaning service on the first day. But once we get back to the counter and response to them, the next time when we returned back to our room, it was all clean and tidy. And our clothes (Which were initially on the bed) were already nicely placed on the chairs.

Yes….the soundproof is not very good, we can hear baby crying at night, and trolly moving outside our room in the morning. The aircon strength is not consistent, like around 3-4am it gets abit stuffy but after awhile it get back to normal, despite all these we all have sleep very well during our stay in the hotel. Bed sheet seem to change only every 2 days. Due to our room is near to construction site, when comes to morning it is quite noisy but it didn’t really affect us since during daytime we will be away for shopping. Do take note when you closed your door, make sure it fully closed (Hearing a TAT sound) before you left cause there is one incident when me and my friend returned back to hotel then realized that the room is actually not locked (Which really gave us a huge fright) But afterall we figured out it because that we never closed it properly earlier. Fortunately nothing was lost. All our stuff are intact and at the place.

The lift seems to be quite smoky not so sure is it the right description to say but it somehow feel like someone smoke in the lift or maybe it just other smell. It requires your room card in order for you to access it. The free breakfast that was offered by the hotel was buffet style. Consist of American breakfast, or even rice, noodles or soup depends on that day menu. It was pretty good, all my friends enjoyed it. Nothing luxurious but was simple and good enough for us. Erm, you may want to avoid the milk cause one of my friend thought that…It wasn’t…very fresh since it was place since early in the morning.

Wifi is like what most people stated, it changed daily and have to ask the password from the counter, but you may want to ask for 2 days Wifi password (Eg, Thurs and Friday) so you don’t have to ask them every day.

The complimentary tuk tuk service, we are told that it can only go nearby the area. So after the friendly driver drove us to slightly abit further away from our hotel he kindly directed us the nearby BTS train station. If let said, you are taking taxi back to your hotel, tell them to stop at baiyoke hotel, from there it is already nearby the pratunam market and you will get to find your way back as it quite near the hotel.

During our last day in Bangkok after check out, they have also helped us take care of our items and belonging while we go shopping and having our lunch before head to airport.
Overall, the hotel we are quite satisfied with it. If you worried about the people at the street side (Lots of immigrants around…seem like it ), you can go with a group of friends.

Overall we will definitely go and visit there again for it being such a convenient area for crazy shopping and there having not too bad hotel service :)

9  Thank Siewyin
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Location is near to Indra sq, but hotel is located in the small alley, with quite amount of cars passing through. Noisy at night (in the hotel and outside at the road). Alot of merchants and businessman staying in the hotel. Not adviseable for ladies to stay there.

Last but not least the bed sheet is not clean and the poor hotel have to ask you to pay for the laundry if you stain the bed sheets (because they have to buy special detergent to remove it).

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank TeoShirley
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Groupon deal... can't chooose hotel. Duration of stay, 2-5 May 2012.

Given the BRAND NEW hotel statement, I thought why not give it a shot. We were given a room just opposite the lift - hell of a noisy! Worse, it was a adjoining room where we can hear every word said next door. Best part of it was... a male sounding american checked in on thu, 3 May 2012 around 1am.... and his phone rang. Laura was suspicious that he has a woman in the room. He had to use his device to show her, round the room, the bathroom and opened the door to the balcony and shouted "Helloooo anyone out there" to proof to Laura that he is alone. Laura was not in a good mood for it showed in her face and body language and he wanted her to apologise for doubting him!!!

on 4 May night, he did had a woman over and boy, he had a party. Worse of it all, his phone kept ringing non-stop from midnight onwards - i guess it was Laura trying to reach him. He did not bother to answer nor silence it. It went on till 3am where I had to bang on the adjoining door to get his attention. His phone's ringtone was some arabic or turkish music that's really annoying! I am so pissed...that at 3am, on my birthday, i had to do such a thing. But i'm so glad that 4 may was my last night in that crappy hotel.

WIFI user ID and password is reset every midnight - thus one has to get a slip of paper from the reception if one needs to use WIFI - highly inconvenient.

Breakfast, was average - could have been better.

Hotel has a free tuk tuk - but it has off days, and not 24/7. Driver will send you to nearest spot and you have to cross over by foot - e.g. he wont drive you to the door step at Platinum Mall.

Location: Hell - it was way tucked away and majority of the taxi or tuk tuk is unfamiliar with it. Most nights we had to walk back from Petchburi road, after figuring out where to turn etc.

Amenities in room ... no floor towel, no face towel, no hand soap, no ear buds. Oh, and not a single hook in the bathroom for one to hang clothes, towels and stuff :(

Crap hotel - wont go back.

Room tip: don't even bother to consider this hotel. Arnoma or centerpoint would have been better location.
Date of stay: May 2012