“Perfect budget accommodation!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BELLA BELLA RIVERVIEW

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
BELLA BELLA RIVERVIEW
Ranked #243 of 606 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“Perfect budget accommodation!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here before my next semester teaching English in Thailand. Considering I haven't been paid during the two months holiday it's a perfect budget accommodation. Clean and a good location (far enough from ko San to escape the noise, but close enough if you want to go) I don't know what people's expectations are before they come, but it's perfect for backpackers, clean, cheap and friendly staff. No complaints!

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Teacher_Jumbo

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I was looking for guest house. And here I decided to staying Bangkok first time in my life. My memory was ruined by no humanity. I was staying in here one month but when I check out with pleasure feeling but they charged over stay charge. Just for awhile staying. Maybe under 1 hour to packing my bag. But owner was very rude to customer and I felt like he wanted to chase me from there who staying one month!! I'm sure about that I was very good customer there. No drink, no loud even abit in a month. But last day he left me very dispointed mind. I NEVER BE THERE AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Hermesolympus

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

This place sure is popular with slightly older backpackers/travelers. It's close enough to KhaoSan to grab a quick bite or shop but far enough away to not be in the midst of the mess of it all. It's close to the river and piers for picking up river buses when you figure out there is a lot more to BKK than KhaoSan... It's kept pretty clean and it's cheap. The beds are typical Thai Cement bag hard, but I understand they are better in some rooms. Some rooms have balconies which overlook the area and maybe more breeze. Single window, fan rooms are understandably hot, esp on the south side. some rooms are shared bath some ensuite, hot water, western toilets. The staff are capable and knowledgable but very, shall we say, not exuding warmth. Pretty rude by western standards...pretty average for area guest houses, but there are good exceptions to this norm. I'd return here if I needed to and my other standbys were not available. Make a reservation, it's busy, esp in high season.

Room Tip: south side hotter
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank V V
roosendaal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

I really dislike the Khaosan and Rambuttri area when it comes to hostels and guesthouses. Everything is loud and all about money. Bella Bella is only 10 min. away and in a very nice and quiet area where the people are still friendly.Bella Bella is clean and the rooms in front have a balcony with a view on Chao Praya river which is not special because you hardly can see the river because of the big apartment complex in front of Bella Bella
The staff here are unfriendly and even rude esp. the lady that runs the reception. No hello, good morning or sawasdee ka, just pay whatever you can pay and [--] off then!if you re looking for a good location to stay in Bangkok, try Samsen soi 3 but avoid this guesthouse!

Stayed November 2012
6 Thank rob m
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were passing through Bangkok on our way out of Thailand, and decided to just randomly show up at Bella Bella Riverview.

Our room (double fan room) was absolutely spotless! This was the cleanest guesthouse bathroom I'd seen yet. The room was otherwise sparse, and a bit small, but overall we didn't feel too crowded or closed in. It helped that we had two very large windows in our room, along with a private balcony. The views aren't astounding by any means, but none-the-less it was a bonus touch.

The woman downstairs speaks perfect English, and was able to answer some of our questions about bus stops, etc. The location of Bella Bella is also great if you're looking to be close, but not too close to the action. It's an easy 10 minute walk to the night markets and party areas, but in the evenings you don't hear any of the noise.

Wifi is cheap as well. (50Baht for 24 hours.) Also have a laundry service, but we chose to take ours to one of the several people that live right down the lane since it was a little bit cheaper. Our only complaint was that our ceiling fan seemed like it needed a bit of an update since it didn't turn as quickly as any of the other fans I've noticed in rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I have stayed at this place at least half a dozen times over several years. I have always opted for fan rooms with share bathroom, however there are private bathrooms available. I love this area close to ferry stop, walking distance to phra arit and kho San but chucked away in a quiet lane. It is clean and basic nothing fancy. I have left luggage there for weeks in there storage room with no problems. Last time I was there the same family were still running the place the father is very unfriendly. This place suits the budget and independent traveller as don't expect travel advice etc from the guesthouse staff you are left to yr own devices.

Room Tip: Cheap clean ,good location
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carissa M
Bombay
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

The good:
Very good value, you get more than what you pay for. Cheapest river view AC rooms in BKK, I think. With a balcony, to boot.

The bad:
No free WiFi, no real vibe, no kitchen.

The ugly:
Pon, the manager, loves to be unnecessarily rude and agitated. After a disagreement regarding check-out time (and my agreeing on paying additional half day tariff) she point blank lied to my face that the storage room had no space for a small bag I wanted to leave behind, when other guests were doing it as we spoke. On top, was told that maybe I "shouldn't come back because I won't enjoy staying there again". Classy.

• Stayed October 2012