“Superb Hotel”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is a relatively “new kid on the block”. Many taxi drivers do not know the exact location of the hotel. Some driver might know if you mentioned the US Embassy but for my case, I realized that the US Embassy consists of 2 parts separated by the Wireless Road. On one side of Wireless Road is the US Embassy’s administrative office while on the opposite side of the road is the US Embassy’s residence compound. To be exact, direction to the Oriental Residence should be travelling from Lumphini Park to Wireless Road, passing by the US Embassy and before the Embassy of Netherland.

The property consists of the hotel and Residence apartments. The hotel lobby is airy, bright with high roof ceiling. Check in was seamless. The front office staff attended to me can speak excellent English. She escorted me to my suite on the 30th Floor and briefed me all the facilities and amenities available in the room.

The one bedroom suite is big; 70 sq meters. The room is tasteful decorated with premium furnishing. It comes with a fully equipped kitchen and the balcony overlooks the US Embassy’s compound. The bedroom with hardwood flooring is well appointed. Bed is super comfortable. The marble bathroom could be the most spacious in the City. The premium toiletries will be collectors’ items.

The swimming pool is located on the 4th floor, not very big with limited lounge chairs and cabana. The fitness centre is relatively small.

There are free shuttles to the nearby BTS Station. Unlike most hotels, the concierge of Oriental Residence will drop you to the BTS station as and when requested. Most hotels only follow a fixed schedule.

During my staff, staffs were helpful and service was excellent. My only complaint was the weak complimentary wifi.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Huat88
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Huat88,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our room, services and overall had a great stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I have learned of the WIFI quality in your room was weak. I want to assure you this was an isolated case. Normally, we have very good WIFI coverage throughout the building.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,932)

Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel with beautifully appointed suites.

Good service and friendly staff.

Only letdown is it doesn't have an executive lounge and breakfast included in room price had limited options compared to other hotels.

Rooms are luxurios and the bed is just perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Diablos5

Dear Diablos5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I learn of your disappointment with the breakfast set up. I am sorry we fell short of meeting your expectations and I assure you of my personal attention in improving these shortcomings.

We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may show you that we stand behind our commitment.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We was in this hotel for just a couple of days. Room was verry nice, clean and with all the things that you are looking for into a home. I like the staff, so kind. Near the hotel there was a verry nice chinese restaurant perfect for a romantic dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teaxik

Dear teaxik,

Thank you for the review of your recent visit to the Oriental Residence Bangkok! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Amazing service and quality. The rooms are decorated beautifully with high quality finishings and furniture. It seems they've thought of every little convenience. The staff go out of there way to provide an genuine personal service. In particular, Om who works on the front desk was super helpful as was James on the concierge. We spent half a day by the pool and sampled some of the in residence dining. Found the food warm, fresh and high quality. The pool is a decent length, probably 20-25m, good enough to get swim some decent laps. The gym is smallish, but has state of the art Technogym equipment - with some free weights also. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a park view. The park view overlooks the embassies of the USA and the Netherlands and further out towards the St.Regis and Four Seasons hotels (some distance away so it doesn't interrupt the view).

Oh the other thing is the quality of the bed, lined and pillows. There is a pillow menu, but we didn't bother swapping the standard ones. The sleep quality was amazing. I just spent over 5k USD on a new Sealy back home, but these hotel mattresses are more comfortable. The linen was a very fine egyptian cotten. Even the LCD screens are new models.... they power on and change channels very responsively... these little details add up to a great, relaxing experience.

We will be back.

We enjoyed the property so much that we are considering a long stay in one of the residences.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave C
Paul Issanan S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Rendl42

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Oriental Residence Bangkok on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know Om, James and all my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 1 week and stayed in 2-bedroom suit . We booked through a travel agent and got a good deal for average US $280 per night and come with free deluxe breakfast every morning and late check-out option. We loved it so much. We would like to be back there again.

Like-
-professional staff
-clean and goos size residence
-refined accommodation surrounded by a lush enclave in the centre of the city
-.Fully-equipped kitchen,Hardwood & Marble flooring,Personal safe,Fully stocked minibar ....
-In-residence dining, Complimentary wireless Internet access

Dislike-
-none

Room Tip: city view and late check-out
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jack m

Dear jack m

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning to visit us again. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful boutique hotel in Bangkok. Stunning decor, tranquil and superb service. Highly highly recommended! Impeccably clean with lovely views from the beautiful rooms. Would love to stay there again. Just lovely.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank CarreeBee
Paul Issanan S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear CarreeBee,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Where do I begin???

Everything about this hotel is simply fantabolous (if there is even such a word). In addition, this hotel is ideal for families with young babies / toddlers / kids.

I travelled with my husband and my baby daughter. We booked a room with the hotel for a night as we would be staying at another hotel for the next 3 days.

After a tiring flight, we were welcomed by the most welcoming group of staff I have ever met. The bell boy / doorman even offered to carry my daughter who was asleep in her car seat. They made sure that we were not carrying anything and settled all our luggage bags.

The front desk was not the conventional stand-and-wait-for-them-to-process-paperwork counters that usually would take really long. We were seated at the table with a very polite female staff who spoke fluent English. She said she was expecting us and all the admin work took less than 5 minutes. She even rushed in to the back room to get the ORB plush teddy bear to give to my already asleep daughter.

We were of course escorted personally to our room where she explained all the amenities and facilities available at the hotel. As I have already informed the hotel that I would be traveling with a baby, they placed a beautiful white cot (just like the one we have at home), Philips-Avent bottle sterilizer and a welcome care kit for my daughter. The room was the perfect size for us and the small kitchenette was a blessing as I got to wash and sterilize the bottles, heat up my daughter's frozen porridge in the microwave and make a nice hot pot of tea for me and my husband to enjoy after we have put our daughter to sleep. The furnishings were classy and elegant - by Barbara Barry - what else can you ask for right? The bed was just right and they had a pillow menu which was in layman's language so it made it easier for us the choose the right one to fit our needs.

We ordered room service as we were too tired to go out for dinner. The food came in 20 minutes and it was delicious!!! I thought I would have to spend a fortune since this hotel is classy and all but it was truly affordable. The food was sooo great that we ordered breakfast in the next day.

The pool and the lounges was like a page out of those travel magazines that I often read. It was soo niceee and comfortable. They even have a baby pool. It would have been great if the water was heated so that we could enjoy the pool even longer.

My husband and I personally feel that the hotel management has really studied other hotels and listened to customer's feedback because the layout of the room was perfect. The bathroom, vanity counter, wardrobe, bed, couch, dining table & chair - all fitted in nicely in the room. The classic design and furnishings of the hotel as a whole added that touch which left a lasting impression on us. Not to mention the immaculately dressed staff who fitted well with the image of the hotel. They were so elegantly dressed that you wouldn't think that they were working there! The hotel really looked into the details that made our stay more pleasurable.

I just hope that the hotel management would ensure that the room rates remain affordable for avid travellers like myself who likes to enjoy a bit of luxury, now and then.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank morningloryee

Dear morningloryee,

Thank you for choosing the Oriental Residence Bangkok for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor. Also, thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay.

I am very pleased to learn how much you and your family enjoyed the time with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments about the staff, management and all the great amenities we provide.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.