“WOW - Amazing”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is a stunning hotel from the reception area, to rooms, through to the pool.

It is most definitely the best bed we have EVER slept in, and was hard to actually leave the hotel room! I even tried to purchase a pillow on departure!

We opted for a standard room overlooking the park and it was more than adequate, in fact it was bigger than most rooms I have stayed in before. I would certainly recommend the cheapest room and save the money for your holiday.

The staff were always friendly and willing to help with anything you needed including organizing day trips and sorting out taxi's etc.

The hotel has thought of pretty much every small luxury you could want. The food is also great. We didn't actually eat in the main restaurant as it always seemed to quiet which is a shame.

When reading the other reviews we thought that people may be exaggerating about the issues with taxis and finding the location of this hotel. It didn't take us long to realize that no one knows where it is. After speaking to a friendly ex-pat he explained that the road name 'wireless' is a recent change to the road name. It used to be called Withiyu (check on spelling) but it translates to radio. Make sure you make a note of this for all taxi drivers otherwise you could be driving round for ages.

The hotel helped us arrange a trip which was about 5 hours in duration and covered most of the major temples (wats) and a river cruise along the canals and waterside homes. Was a pretty great trip. Our guide was called Pina and was wonderful.

We ate a a place called Eat Me which was amazing food and a really nice atmosphere (if you are lucky the owner will also share a little glass of his speciality Mars Bar Vodka with you!).

The Banyan Tree roof top bar, Vertigo/ Moon Bar is worth a stop too!

You will not regret booking this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GirlHardy
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear GirlHardy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you had such a great time at our fantastic hotel and I was particularly pleased to read about your praise towards our staff - they will be happy to note that their efforts towards our guests has been appreciated.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future and remain meanwhile,

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,932)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel back in September, it was my 1st time in bangkok and i gotta say, the hotel make me feel so welcome and presented to me bangkok as a well-mannered and nice place. The service there was considerate and attentive. It was also a very beautiful hotel. My companions and me were very impress by the hotel and staffs. A sidenote, i do not get why the doors inside the rooms has no locks, even the toilet doors.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Fuqin,

We really appreciated reading your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Thank you so much!

Our team members will be happy to read that they contributed to your relaxing stay through their dedication and friendliness.

Looking forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

A big thank you to the team at Oriental Residence Bangkok.

We had such a wonderful stay to celebrate our daughter's 1st Birthday. The team were exceptionally warm, friendly and kind and we all had a wonderful weekend. The food and service was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our champagne high tea at Cafe Claire. Thank you so much for arranging the birthday cake!

The suite was beautiful and so easy to relax in when our daughter was taking her naps in the bedroom next door. We loved spending time in the suite and by the pool and would certainly return to the Oriental Residence again!

I know the hotel is still fairly new, so the one thing you may wish to consider in the future is the equipment provided for babies. The bath was great and perfect for all ages. And thank you for the kit of baby washing products! However, the high chair was more appropriate for toddlers (2 years +) as for small babies under 1, it was far too big and not easy for baby to sit in! In contrast, the wooden cot provided was more appropriate for smaller babies (under 1) as the bottom level was too high off the ground and a baby over 9 months could easily climb or fall out. We ended up bringing our own travel cot, which you may want to consider as they are much safer lower to the ground for babies of all ages.

I hope this helps and we look forward to staying again in the future!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear N8BasementCat,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I hope your homeward travels were uneventful and smooth.

I was very happy to read that you and your family had such a fantastic time and that our team members were instrumental in making your stay a success and memorable.

Great to note you enjoyed our facilities to its fullest and that the culinary aspect of your stay was so good as well.

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you and your family back in the near future and remain, with kindest regards.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Oriental Residence is absolutely stunning and the service is phenomenal. I arrived after a pretty grim journey (I'd had to walk the last bit!) with my beaten up back-pack and was welcomed like a VIP. The lady on reception was so sorry to hear of my taxi woes that she upgraded me to a two bedroom suite (I had a friend joining me for my second night). The suite is amazing (I'm in it now!), absolutely huge and really well appointed. The main bedroom is double aspect, as is the en-suite, so from my bed I can see out of three sides of the hotel. There is everything you could possibly want from toiletries (I forgot my toothbrush and razor, not a problem, they provide both) to stationery (pens, pencils, highlighters...!) as well as a fridge full of delicious drinks and chocolate, and a mountain of exotic fruit. The beds are SO comfortable, I didn't want to get up this morning, tomorrow I might try the fantastic room service menu so I don' t have to!

We're heading to Krabi tomorrow, which I'm almost disappointed about, as I'd love to stay here longer - but we have a night in Bangkok en route home next weekend, and I'm glad to say that we're already booked in here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 7Weekend
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear 7Weekend,

I very much appreciate you taking the time to post your lovely review. My team and I are delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time, albeit too short of a visit.

We strive everyday to deliver the best experiences to our guests and we are extremely grateful when these are being recognized. Your words of praise will go a long way, especially your positive mention of our service.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again next week after your trip to Krabi.

Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

-By far the best service in Bangkok (we have stayed everywhere, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula etc, this place is in a different league)
-Exceptional rooms, we stayed in a 1-bedroom suite for over 1 month. One of the most comfortable beds around, a pillow menu that lets you order from a selection of pillows, huge bathroom, high high-quality finishings throughout the room, at no point do you get the impression that they have tried to save money by compromising on quality
-In short, whatever you might need from a home away from home, they have thought about it and provided it
-Some of the best quality room food ive ever had. And usually comes within 20m
- Excellent location, just off Bangkok's main commercial street. Your neighbours are the American embassy and the Ambassador of Holland's Residence.
- Exceptional views
- Most people that I know who have stayed here say its one of the best hotels theyve ever stayed in.
- If you are considering a serviced apartment in BK, i checked them all out, this is by far the best and also highly competitive in terms of price

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank james c
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear james c,

Thank you for sharing your most gracious feedback from your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was delighted to read that you described us to be the "best" hotel in Bangkok.

We are so happy to read that your over one month stay in Bangkok was a total success and that we were able to make it such a memorable stay. We pride ourselves on making our guests feel at home inmidst of the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city environment.

We do hope that you will find your way to Bangkok in the near future again and that you allow us to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Most 5 star hotels are more-or-less very good, as you would expect with the price. The Oriental Residence is no exception.

Service is responsive and keen, rooms are nicely appointed (although, a little nouveau riche in terms of the furniture for my taste (although I concede this is a personal preference)) and the bathrooms are fantastic. Having a suite with a separate living room makes a big difference to amenity if one is staying more than a night or so.

The location is only ho-hum, fronting a very busy road and a taxi ride to most places. The pool area is the most disappointing, with more than half of the pool effectively under the building and the water being very cold for a tropical location.

So, overall very good without being outstanding in its category. You will not be disappointed, but you will not be stunned either.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Matt873,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I was very happy to read that you enyoyed your overall stay and that you found the amenities to be great, our rooms very spacious and beautiful and most of all, that our staff was friendly, helpful and detail orientated.

My team and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here for one night after arriving into Bangkok from the UK before flying onto Phuket. We were greeted by friendly happy staff who offered us a free upgrade to a one bedroom suite as it was our first time in Bangkok which was a lovely suprise after hours of travelling. The room was perfect, the colours were cool and calm, the room was decorated beautifully, and the fittings were perfect. The bed was the most comfy bed I have ever slept in. The room has a small kitchen, dining table and chairs, sofa and tv and a balcony in the living area (amazing views). In the bedroom there is a large, cosy bed and another tv. The bathroom is HUGE! With a bath, large shower, sink and vanity area. We ate at Mandopop which was beautiful and modern however the food was not spectacular. It was chinese cuisine which we werent familiar with so prehaps that was just our taste.

Breakfast is served in Cafe Claire, a bright cafe that looks like it belongs in Paris. Continental breakfast including fruit, yogurt, pastries, is laid out as you walk in. When you sit down the friendly staff offer the menu. I had the waffle tower, yummy, and my boyfriend had the cooked breakfast which inlcluded an egg, hot dog style sausage and grilled tomato. Not like a full english but what can you expect in Thailand! Check out was quick and easy and they arranged a taxi to the airport for us.

I would highly recommend this hotel and think it is fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Katie843,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and that we were one of the highlights during your trip to Thailand. I am also delighted to know you enjoyed our design and interiors, room comfort and breakfast at Cafe Claire.

I really appreciate your comments about the friendliness of my staff - they will be so proud to hear that their efforts in ensuring our guests are looked after in such a friendly and welcoming way have been highlighted.

Once again, I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Oriental Residence Bangkok!