“Asia Trip 2013”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #9 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We (my wife, 2 daughters and my self), stayed here for a few nights. They gave us a fantastic room that looked like a high class appartement.
A very politie and helpful staff.
The cocktails in de bar downstairs might need some extra attention, anyway We had a great time in this beautifull hotel and will come back.

Stayed: September 2013
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Familieopreis,

We are very grateful that you took the time and efforts to post your comments following your stay with us. I was delighted to read that you and your family were well looked after and that our staff contributed to making your stay such a pleasant one.

We wish you and your family a very nice upcoming holiday season and look forward to the opportunity to serve you all again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We recently rented a 2 bedroom suite and found their centralized location very convenient to the metro station, shopping and activities. The service was absolutely outstanding with an attentive staff that couldn't do enough for you. The rooms were cleaned several times a day and the amenities were superb. Returning to our room at the end of a long day was like going home. It is however a residence hotel so if you are looking for an exciting bar or nightlife on the property then this would not be for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Peter C,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you were overall very happy with the service, facilities and with our excellent location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time your travels take you to Bangkok.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The ORB has everything you could ever seek for a 1st class experience - from incredibly thoughtful service all around, superb restaurants, top notch furnishings, bedding (choose from 6 types of pillows if your so inclined), to even kitchens in your room.

Wonderfully situated on a quiet road in the middle of the city, with unobstructed views from apparently every direction. Corner rooms are fantastic for just a little extra. Value for money absolutely cannot be beat.

As frequent business travelers, we can have quiet high expectations and needs. The ORB never failed us once during our week stay! They seem to be always one step ahead - always knowing what we would desire or need - this you don't find much anywhere anymore, at any price.

One small suggestion, would be nice to be asked if your guest would like to order drinks while they're using the pool. Perhaps this comes from not wanting to disturb your guests while they're lounging, but I think they would find it great to be asked. And if that's the only thing I can think of to improve service, it says a lot about your high standards.

Thanking your staff again for staff outstanding service, with your wonderful smiles and friendly helpful demeanor every time!
Kind Regards, Alan

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Alan W,

We are very grateful for such amazing feedback following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Thank you so much for having taken the time to share them through Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure having you with us and to read that you enjoyed our services, our culinary and facilities, as well as the friendliness and effectiveness of our staff and that you had such a comfortable and seren experience.

We constantly strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests, your comments are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts. I am very happy to share your comments with my staff.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I booked a very last minute trip to Thailand, staying at the OR on recommendation from a friend. Three nights on my way in to the country, and one night before I left. The prices were slightly inflated

Staff: The reception and concierge staff were brilliant. They were took a lot of time to recommend what I should go and see and do - without pushing any of their services like a driver or transfers, or eating at the hotel - it was really genuine. In particular, Yuii and Toey were especially helpful and made quite an effort to show interest in my day and travels around Thailand. When I came back for my last night in BKK after traveling around a bit, they opened my cab door, used my name and said "welcome home".. and you know.. that's just how I felt!

Rooms: I was in a one bedroom suite both times, which was perfect. The hotel pay a lot of attention to detail in the way things are presented. There's everything you could ever need by way of staying there for pleasure or business, including stationery right down to paperclips, staplers and even a ruler! All the connectors you could need for gizmos, tablets and phones are provided in a 'technology drawer' in the lounge.
Bed was really comfortable and good selection of pillows available (there's a pillow menu on the bedside table). The bathroom was big, bright and again provided everything you'd need. The kitchen was fully stocked with cutlery and plates, and good quality teas and coffee. There's a 7/11 right opposite for supplies like milk etc, but you do get a little bit provided (UHT) in the fridge.
You get a welcome basket of the traditional sticky rice, coconut milk and a mango in the evening, which is a lovely touch.
You can however hear the traffic from outside.

Food: I only managed breakfast two of the four mornings - jet lag issues - but it was a reasonably good spread (not as much choice as I thought it would be, considering the rating and price) with choices from the buffet and orders for eggs and rice soup etc.
Had dinner there once; not cheap but then hotel dinner and drinks never are. The food and service was good. I ventured out most evenings and ate from the stalls under Siam sky train station and at The Siam Paragon mall - fab Japanese places there.

Location: This might be a decider for you... It is not slap bang in the middle of the centre and shops of Siam. It's about a 15 min walk to the centre - very easy directions. Or you can get the complimentary shuttle to Chit Lom station and either use the sky train, or walk for five - ten mins to Siam from there. The plus side is it's not as crazy as being right in the centre, the downside is you do have to think about getting back from the centre either by walk, taxi, tuktuk or sky train after potentially a long and hot day with lots of bags in tow. Remember, going in to the centre isn't as bad as the shuttle service is there.

Above all.. it's clean, you're safe and well taken care of.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Thank LondonRad.
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear LondonRad,

We wanted to thank you for posting your fabulous review following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

I was especially glad to read your line about our staff being professional and genuine - we pride ourselves for not only having elegant and spacious rooms with amazing views and other fabulous hardware offerings but most importantly, for the service delivery.

Once again, I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your feedback. My team and I really look forward to welcoming you back soon to your new home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed there for few nights for business and it was a great experience. The staff were very friendly and kind. The area is not quite central, but there is easy access to anywhere with a taxi or metro/train.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better view and less noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dplayer_29
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear dplayer_29,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We were absolutely thrilled to read about your positive experiences you encountered from our staff to our beautiful location. We cannot wait to welcome you back soon!

With kindest regards

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have been to Bangkok a few times and really loved this hotel. I had a park view which was smashing and the room was big and comfortable. The room had a huge bathroom and dressing/wardrobe area. There was a large sofa and place to eat too. It obviously had a fridge and 2 ring hob although the latter was never used. Check in was seamless and everyone was very accommodating. High standard of furniture, fixtures and fittings. The bed was really comfy and there was lots of free water. Great pool area which is really clean and well maintained. I never ate in the hotel but I used the gym every day and it was fab! State of the art treadmills and cross trainers. I liked the fact that it was the same as I use at home. I also liked the fact that the room was cleaned quite early in the day, sometimes while I was at the gym first thing in the morning. You can highlight that the room is free through a series of lights that display in the corridor.
If I was picky I would say that I found the TV channel choice a bit lacking in entertainment. Repeated movies prevailed along with news....not that you spend much time watching TV anyway. My only negative was that the concierge arranged a taxi for me and I was ripped off.....my own fault but I wonder if the driver thought he could chance it given where I was picked up from. I had no problem with the taxi from the airport and used the skytrain which was nearer than I was led to believe. There is a dress code but this did not seem to need enforced. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view room if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rob50Uk

Dear rob50Uk,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok and for posting such a great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our guest room to its fullest with our comfortable bed, our products and attentive service.

It is extremely gratifying to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create such fond memories for our guests.

My team and I hope that you will plan another stay with us soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Room (with kitchen!) was very nice decorated and functional, but even with a room on floor 21 you coud here the traffic on the street in the night - so better take a room with view to the garden. Breakfast was - compared to other hotel in Bangkok - just average. And whileLumpini Park and the embassy district are very nice and surprisingly clean, the loation of the Oriental residence isn´t ideal for tourist, specially if you like to take the Skytrain - 10 minute walks in Bangkok can be very exhausting ...

To sum it up, it is a nice hotel, but for the price of it, you can get better located alternatives, with bigger breakfast and the same excellent service and style.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barba23rossa

Dear Barba23rossa,

Thank you so much for posting review following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

I was pleased to learn that you were overall satisfied with the general staff attention and that you enjoyed your room and the hotel design and facilities.

However, I regret that your experience with breakfast fell short of your expectations. We purposely decided not to opt for quantity buffet but good quality breakfast. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you were encountered with our location. Most of our hotel guests appreciate our location as it is beautiful, quiet and minutes away from everything. Other area of Bangkok can be noisier especially at the heart of the city.

We really hope you will come and stay with us again, despite having the choice of so many hotels in Bangkok.

Kind regards,