“So Relaxing!”

Ranked #8 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“So Relaxing!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Second trip to Bangkok and just wanted to experience a new hotel and location. Found the Oriental Residence a very nice up to date hotel with a very special staff. We were greeted by a most gracious staff - from the doormen to receptionist - on and on. The property did not seem as glamorous as the pics, but as we started to absorb it became more and more of how it has been reviewed. Very nice rooms with exceptional bathrooms. Cafe Claire served us an exceptional breakfast ( highly recommend ), but at night we chose to have a cheese platter and wine - very ordinary cheese and served with dried fruit that added nothing. Again, staff was excellent and atmosphere was relaxing. Had a small problem with electrical where circuit breakers keep shutting down or electrical outlets - people had to come two different times to correct. I think the property is very nice all in all. Location from other reviews were very positive - we have been in better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear stevemathis,

Thank you for the great feedback from your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

We were thrilled that our atmosphere and welcoming staff made you feel like being in a resort and not a city hotel and that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here solo in June. Got a really good deal - paid for two nights and got the third for free. Room was elegant, modern and very clean. I had the best views over the garden next door and Bangkok skyline. This is one of those hotels which you never want to leave for sightseeing. On my last night the aircon broke so I got transferred to a 1 bedroom suite. I didn't need the extra space. I preferred the grand deluxe room. Minor flaws- Internet connection wasn't great in my new room. maybe I needed a new login? I never found the kettle? The location of this hotel made me feel as if I could be in any developed country. You don't get to see much of the real Bangkok when you walk out.

What sets this hotel apart from the rest is the attention to detail and service. After checking out most hotels would forget about you. The staff at oriental residence went out of their way to locate the small BnB I was staying at next. They contacted the BnB to confirm address and details. The taxi driver was provided with map and instructions to reach the BnB. Most hotels I've stayed at don't pay this much attention especially not a hotel of this size.

Room Tip: Delux room is just perfect for a couple. Get a room with the garden view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear sip1,

Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation and detailed description following your recent visit at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

We very much enjoyed reading your nice review, especially with regards to our staff! I have since shared your comments with my team and they were equally delighted to know how much you enjoyed their service interaction and delivery. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you encountered on your last night stay with AC and cellular phone coverage.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 December 2013

A beautiful hotel with excellent customer service. Stayed for 3 nights in one bedroom suite with city view and was allured by the beauty of the interior design of our room.

The room has practically everything you need from TWG complimentary tea to a weighing machine. (Very ideal for people who are watching their weight) :)

Hotel is about 10 minutes walk to train station 'Chit Lom'

One of the best hotel in bangkok. And highly recommended for couples.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear mswinnietay,

Season's greetings from the Oriental Residence Bangkok!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your fine review on TripAdvisor and wish you a very blessed Holiday season and success and happiness for the coming New Year. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and remain in the meantime,

With kindest regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my partner. The hotel was fantastic from the moment we stepped in - the reception area is lovely and the hotel rooms are amazing. We stayed in a one bedroom suite overlooking the park and it was almost like being in a spacious apartment. Everything is catered for in the room - the service was great - apart from the fact it took a while to get our luggage (can't be too fussy!). One of the best hotels I've stayed in for a long time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Dipro,

Season's greetings from the Oriental Residence Bangkok!

We are very happy to read about your comments following your stay with us and already look forward to welcome you back in the near future. We wish you a very blessed Holiday season and good health and happiness for 2014.

From all of us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

London
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We spent three nights at the Oriental Residences in November and found it to be a perfect hotel for a city break.
The room was faultless with a bath, shower, kitchenette and small living area. it was planned down to the small details such as a menu of different pillows. My wife particularly liked the fact that they provided a tie for your hair with the shower cap!
Breakfast was exceptional, with a good a la carte menu plus a plentiful buffet. We were even provided with a packed breakfast when we left early the last day for our flight. As we were out and about we didn't visit the restuarants.
The pool was unusual as it was outdoors on the 4th floor but we did spend a couple of hours relaxing by it.
The location is not brilliant for tourist attractions but the taxis and good sky train service are inexpensive ways to get around the city. (However do not try to get anywhere fast by taxi after 5 in the afternoon - traffic is gridlocked!)
Overall an exceptional hotel for a reasonable rate.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rob1london
Dear rob1london,

I appreciate your time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok - thank you very much indeed.

Your comments have been shared with the entire team - they will be happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed our hotel in its entirety and that you made great use of our facilities.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the not too distant future!

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

One thing I love here is the location and neighbourhood, right next to the US embassy, retreat from the busy of the city. Then the elegant and smart tone of the decor and details grabbed me, especially room 1201 with the half living room braced by both city and garden views. The bed was so comfortable that I asked for the product info. But what impressed me most was the staff and service there. I have to say they did beyond standard and made me feel home. Only one thing, the swim pool didn't have much facilities although the pool is cool itself. Will come back next time!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Jing Z,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. I am very delighted to read that you loved our peaceful and elegant ambience within the hustle-and-bustle of this vibrant city.

Thank you very much for highlighting your positive experience with our overall services - I will be very happy to share your comments with the team so that they can see that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

The entire team and myself look forward to welcome you back in the near future to your new home-away-from-home.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Hello I have to say this is by far the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was outstanding. We got picked up in a lovely jaguar from the airport. Our room was massive it was like living in a big condo. When we were there the protest were going on and the hotel was very kind to tell us where to go and not to go. They have shuttle service to the bts which is a 5 minute walk. The cafe/restaurant in the hotel has amazing food. The pool is on the 4th floor with great views. We booked a tour with the hotel and the tour guide they gave us was the most wonderful lovely person I have ever met. If you do book a tour ask for the guide named Meow Meow. Yes that is her name. You have a private driver and she is so knowledge about Thailand. I wish I could bring her home with me just to hang out. The service at the hotel was superb I cound't ask for anything more.

1 Thank Eva C
Dear Eva C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely comments from your recent honeymoon trip.

I am so happy you chose our hotel for this very special occasion and am even more delighted that we were able to contribute to its complete success with our service, grand guest rooms, amenities and attention to detail!

Wishing you a very happy life together and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.