Oriental Residence Bangkok
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
AETAS bangkok(Bangkok)
3,018 results
All reviewscafe clairewireless roadamerican embassyone bedroom suitepillow menuembassy districtpark viewmacaroonsbeautiful hoteldining tablewasher dryerlumpini parkour honeymoonhuge bathroomhome away from homeserviced apartmentperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel in January 2014. This hotel is amazing in so many ways. From the moment we walked into this hotel, we knew we had made the right choice.

The rooms are spectacular - beautifully decorated with stylish furniture. Our small kitchenette was fantastic, and had everything we needed during our stay. The bed was extremely comfortable and was welcomed after a long day of shopping!

The location of the hotel is good, just a short walk to the skytrain which takes you to the major shopping centres. Taxi's are plentiful, however some drivers do not know where the hotel is (we always used the American embassy to direct them).

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in Bangkok. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Loren S,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Oriental Residence I would like to thank you for coming to stay with us during your time in Bangkok.

We are absolutely delighted that you had such a memorable experience and were able to take advantage of our unbeatable location and warm hospitality.

We hope that you will find your way back to Bangkok and we look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a sister property to mandarin oriental through ownership and has all the same traits without the waterfront restaurants and expenses. This is our second stay here in a serviced apartment, so much better than a hotel room, with a small kitchen, amenities lounge area and excellent service from great staff. It is in the embassy area of Bangkok, with the US and British embassies next door, so very secure and less traffic issues than the riverfront. It is a short walk to the sky train and taxis are at hand. Great location, great people and excellent pricing. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book direct for the best rooms

Dear John P,

What an absolute pleasure it is to receive this wonderful feedback from our loyal guest. I would like to thank you for taking your time to provide such great insight on your recent overall experiences.

I can assure you that I will take pride in sharing your comments with our wonderful team here and thank them for their outstanding service to you.

We certainly hope that Bangkok will be on your destination list in the future and we sincerely look forward to having the chance to welcome you back again, till then we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed one week at this hotel over the New Year’s holiday (2013-14). It is one of the most highly rated establishments on TA. I mostly concur with this rating although I have one minor concern.

Room. I arrived late on a Friday. Traffic on the freeway was horrendous and it was nice being received so warmly by the staff upon arrival. When I booked the room, I thought I had selected one with a washer-dryer but it turned out not to be the case. Upon inquiry, the reception desk kindly gave me a free upgrade to a corner-view, one-bedroom apartment that did have a washer-dryer. It actually has a fully functional, fully equipped kitchen. The comfortable living room is furnished with a cushy couch, flat-screen TV, and a desk. The bathroom is beyond luxurious. The view out of one giant window is the residence of the Dutch ambassador: a charming house nestled in a large wooded garden, home to a flock of birds whose singing brightened my mornings and evenings. For just one person, this was way too much.

Facilities. The hotel has two restaurants but one was closed during my stay. The other serves breakfast in the morning then lunches and dinners later. I only ate breakfast there. The breakfast buffet was decent and items ordered from the menu were also OK. But frankly, this spread could be improved, given the caliber of the hotel. There is a decent size swimming pool on the 4th floor. Some days in the winter, the water was almost too cold as it is unheated. But during most of the year, the water might be too hot. On the other hand, most of the pool is in the shade, under a roof so direct heating from the sun is minimized. On the same floor there is a gym, which I did not use. Service at the pool is irreproachable. There was always a generous supply of large towels and bottled water. The lounge chairs were always replenished with fresh towels. There is a pool bar and in the early evening, they fire up the BBQ to offer sausages and the likes.

Service. From what I have already said, one could guess that service is top notch. Housekeeping is impeccable. This includes a luxurious turn down service: fresh towels, bed is remade if it’s even barely touched during the day, drinking water replenished, trash emptied, curtains drawn in the bedroom, etc… A copy of the Bangkok Post is delivered every morning. One afternoon I sat at a table outside the reception area reading a newspaper. One of the staff thoughtfully came out to hand me a water bottle.

Location. This is the one area where I was not completely satisfied. The hotel is indeed in a high class neighborhood. Wireless road, just one block from the US embassy, next door to the Dutch ambassador’s residence, another block to the American ambassador’s residence. However, Wireless is a busy, noisy thoroughfare. During my stay I only crossed to the other side once due to the heavy, dangerous traffic. There are two pedestrian overpasses but they are not close to the hotel. Finally, the nearest BTS station (Ploenchit) is 5-10 minutes away on foot. That may not sound like a lot but walking along busy Wireless road is rather unpleasant. I think in this matter of location, my opinion is colored by a previous stay at the Hansar hotel which is located in a quiet soi off of Radjadamri road. Moreover, right at the entrance of the soi one finds the Radjadamri BTS station so there was no need to walk along any noisy main thoroughfare. Anyway, this matter of the location is not any fault of the hotel. I knew of it when I booked the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sd122

Dear sd122,

What an absolute pleasure it was to have you with us during this holiday season and to bring in the new year. We are absolutely delighted that you had a such a memorable experience at our property and I will greatly look forward to sharing this wonderful feedback with the entire team. This is a great example of the service culture we work so hard to achieve.

We certainly hope that your travels will bring you back to Bangkok and we would look forward to welcoming you back to show you are warm and engaging hospitality once again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

What a great gem! For the price this hotel is a winner hands down. The rooms were very contemporary and stylish. We stayed in the smallest of available suites but for two people this was more than spacious. The hotel has a true and consistent luxury feel and the location is great for restaurants, shopping and bars. But there is a slight distance from the grand place so you will be stopping in the more urbanised areas of bangkok. But only a ten minute walk from Siam Square.

Staff were great, welcoming and very helpful. Distance from the airport was around 40 mins. Do go to the pool on floor 4 a great views and a real private feel.

Dear Palvinderd,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the Oriental Residence Bangkok! We are delighted to learn about your appreciation of our high level of service, hotel facilities, amenities and location. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another fantastic experience.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

one of the best long term/short term residences I've stayed in!!! absolutely stunning/warm hospitality & indeed one of the best in bangkok cities……strongly recommended to all my fellow readers of my reviews!!! my one stop residences for all my visits to bangkok for sure!!! just one draw back, they don't have a in-house SPA that makes it tiresome to go out for a treatment!! wish they had in-house SPA!!! b'fast variety needs to be improved to wider selection….location is fabulous, next to the us embassy, making it a very safe residences!!! i simply loved it!! there chinese restaurant is shut for ever and have only one cafe claire, i wish if they can open up another restaurant in the property, but readers this property irrespective of all the plusses or minuses is simply HOT, love it!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clubgauravGuptaa
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear clubgauravGuptaa,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that your stay was such a success and I am pleased to note that you enjoyed all aspects of our services and amenities. Your positive thoughts have been shared with the entire team.

I look forward to your next visit and we hope that you will travel to Bangkok again soon and make the Oriental Residence Bangkok your preferred destination.