“Luxury address”

Ranked #8 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Luxury address”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had my stay in this residence during Thailand Songkran festival, and would say this place is really "luxury address". Whenever we get on cab, mention to go this address, cab driver will immediately close up meter and say 500baht, which I could only spent less than 80baht by meter to go back this place. moving on, We was moving from Holiday Inn to this residence for a night stay, total experience was good but it could be much more better to meet my expectation in terms of hospitality. Love and hate equally. Hardware is good, room cleanliness and equipment maintained on top, however, I was not really feel welcoming whenever I walk in or walk out of this place. Was treated like I'm staying in 3star hostel with 5 star lobby, no bellboy even care to get my luggage when I'm arriving and rather keep their hand open the door instead and no one will initiate to ask if we need taxi when we were standing at lobby, front desk service was good but will be great if there is more personal touch since we putting high expectation on this residence. Last but not least, appreciate on the dessert and cake for our anniversary, it's really surprise when we get back residence. In conclude, stay was good if your expectation is not high, like usual 5star hotel will treat you, products was even better,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VincentWeiSiang
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear VincentWeiSiang,

We would like to thank you for having chosen the Oriental Residence and we treasure you having taken the time to share your experience during your trip to Bangkok.

We are committed to delight our guests every day; continually getting better to keep us the best. Therefore it is extremely rewarding to receive remarks about our services and facilities.

Once again, thank you for your detailed feedback, which will certainly help us to better our services. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel was amazing, by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The room was very big, clean, well presented, the views from the room were stunning over Bangkok as well. Staff at the hotel were extremely helpful with any inquiries and suggestions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jurga K
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Jurga K,

Thank you for sharing your warm feedback with us. It really means so much to hear that our hotel is the best you have stayed at! Thank you for the compliment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were able to stay in the hotel when there was a sale. We stayed 3 nights for the price of 2. Also when they found out it was my birthday, I was given a complimentary upgrade to the "Park Side". After check-in we were personally shown up to our rooms and given a tour of our apartment. Shortly after our bags were delivered by the porter, we were also given a mango sticky rice to welcome us. The service at they hotel is outstanding. I felt very spoilt. Our rooms were cleaned and tidied beautifully multiple times a day. The apartment is modern and sleek. All the furniture was very comfortable. The gym is 24 hours with great park views when using the treadmill, and the pool is open 6:30am to 9pm. There is also a herb garden if you chose to cook in the kitchen, along with all the pots and pans you would need. The train is about a 5 min walk away but there is also a free shuttle service every half hour to the station for convenience. The hotel is surrounded by embassies (and security guards), so it feels safe if you walk back from the train late at night. The only drawback was the breakfast. It is both a small buffet and a dish from the a la carte menu. We tried multiple dishes and unfortunately none of them were very good. If I return to this place, I would save my money and not pay for the breakfast since I could easily get something cheaper and more delicious elsewhere. I suppose it's mainly for convenience to have breakfast at the hotel. Other than that, the Oriental Residence is impeccable and I cannot rave on enough about how great the customer service is. 5 stars!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FiyeroLee
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear FiyeroLee,

Thank you so much for such a great review! I cannot begin to express how much it means to hear such great things about our hotel. After all, it is our mission to make your stay in Bangkok as perfect as possible. I think I can say, on behalf of all of our staff, thank you for the great comments about our service. I really believe that is what truly distinguishes us from other hotels.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the breakfast and whilst we try to cater to many different tastes. During your next stay kindly contact our restaurant manager if you cannot find your preferred choice.

I really do hope to have you back at our hotel again, soon!

Onslow, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at Oriental Residence Bangkok for 3 days, during our trip to Thailand. compared to other hotels and apartments of the same rate, I say Oriental Residence is probably one of the best...in terms of location, staff courtesy and cleanliness. If we ever go back there, I'll definitely stay at Oriental Residence...Thanks to the management...Good work!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ben K,

It was our absolutely pleasure to be of assistance during your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Thank you for such a great review and for you compliment of our hotel and staff. It truly means a lot to hear that from our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Bangkok!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Oriental Residence is an amazing place to stay whether its short or long duration! We were there for 3 nights. The rooms are very big; the bed is very comfortable; the staff are very generous. We were travelling with a toddler and reached the hotel at 3am. The staff were amazing at handling the whole check in process letting us to our room first to get us comfortable and then doing the check in the room itself. A simple but a very thoughtful gesture gives them 5/5 in my books. Similarly on other ocassions too from room service to organising a cab; the thoughtfulness for their customer is always seen.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Denis M,

Thank you for your kind review and I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms and facilities comforting.

We are happy to hear that our team lived up to our culture of ensuring each and everyone of our guests are cared for. Thank you very much for your compliments!

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your new home in Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night at the beginning and end of our Thailand trip. The hotel is beautiful; very clean and modern. The staff, especially Joy, were so good to us. Food was pretty good. We ate in the restaurant and had room service since we were jet lagged. If you upgrade yourself, the rooms up there are really beautiful. Highly recommend you staying here if you find yourself in Bangkok.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa J
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Melissa J,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Oriental Residence Bangkok with everyone. I am truly honored that you think so highly of our housekeeping service and Ms. Joy.

It is a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our services and I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in so many regards, especially with our friendly and helpful staff, our fabulous guest accommodations to our culinary delights.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is a sea of calm and cool in the chaos and heat of Bangkok. It has the service of a Ritz Carlton and the flair of a Four Seasons without the pretense or price. We stayed here 4 nights and hated leaving.

The design and furnishings are simple and elegant. The service is friendly and impeccable. It's one of those places where you know the staff went through significant training on how to serve. It's a dying art which we relish when we find a place that does it well.

The rooms are spacious, clean, elegant and functional. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite, which we preferred over the "Grand Deluxe" (also one-bedroom, but smaller) and two-bedroom suites - all of which we viewed. The room came with a huge refrigerator, a microwave, a small cooking surface, 2 flat-screen televisions, a working desk, a lounge area separated from the bedroom and an enormous bathroom done in marble.

We've been to Bangkok about a dozen times over the years and have stayed only at the Royal Orchid Sheraton. We're soooo happy to have tried something new. We're going back to Bangkok in January and we will definitely stay at the Oriental Residence again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank EveryCountryBy50
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear FlySeeFly,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your most generous feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

We are so proud to be referred to be on the same level with top luxury hotel brands in the world.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel feel, design and layout from the lobby to your room, to our efficient and friendly staff was a total success and made you feel relaxed and cozy. I am also pleased that our sizeable guest room was a complete success in terms of layout, space and amenities and that you made the most of it.

My team and look forward to welcoming you and our family back in January to our peaceful haven.