“Great Hotel and Great Service”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel is quite new and the location is ok...not too far from BTS, about 5~10 mins walk. Friendly people and really helpful to provide great service and information. I would love to stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Stay in 2-bedroom suite on the 6th floor, and the room was full of sunshine and quiet. Views were g...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear xenia1006,

Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that you liked the service at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. It really means a lot to know that we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Bangkok.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,981)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was my second stay at the property. I have stayed in a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartment. I have also recommended friends to stay in the 3 bedroom apartment. Having seen all three options I can confidently state that the accommodations are comfortable, calming, tasteful. Housekeeping do a wonderful job of ensuring the room is kept clean and tidy. All staff in the foyer, from reception, to bell man to concierge are nothing but accommodating. I usually provide concierge with a list of restaurants I want booked and to get updates on what to see and do. If I need a car they organise one for me. I have taken the Jaguar transportation from / to the airport and found the service exceptional. There is a shuttle that can take you to the BTS every half hour. It is perhaps a 10 - 15 minute stroll to the BTS station if you choose to walk but you will also discover that there are restaurants and coffee shops along the way should you be looking for alternative eating venues. Also there small shopping complex that has hairdresser and manicure facilities, banking and the like. Across the road is a 7/11. But most of your needs would be catered to by the hotel anyway. On my most recent trip I decided not to have the buffet breakfast included as the a la carte menu has some great options. I found that eating in moderation, it would work out to be a similar price. I had one meal in the evening before leaving for the airport, there were some nice options and the ambience was again, tasteful and inviting.
I used the gym facilities and swimming pool which was adequate and again comfortable. I like where it is located. I highly recommend staying at this property and would come back to stay again. Whilst I prefer staying on the river in Bangkok, I also like the service and the room types that it provides and that is what will keep on bringing me back and recommending it to others.
I hope that they will be able to retain the level of service, comfort and facilities as time goes on. Thank you to the Oriental Residence Staff and Management.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CleoBKK

Dear CleoBKK,

It has been our pleasure to be your home away from home in Bangkok. I was very happy to read that your return visit to our hotel was a repeat success and thank you for your continuous patronage.

It is always great to hear that all elements, from decor, location and most of all services were in sync to ensure you felt comfortable and looked after.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and all team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights at the beginning of a six week trip to Asia. My flight landed at around 10am and I paid a little extra for early check in which was well worth it. My room was massive, a separate living area and kitchen, a large bedroom and the biggest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel! The balcony looked out onto the city. I was only there three nights so didn't cook for myself but the kitchen was well equipped if you wanted to, there were two TV 's and a DVD player and all the normal bathroom amenities aswell as bathrobes and slippers.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and every part of the hotel was immaculate, I used the gym and the pool whilst I was there a number of times and they were both really good, fabulous views from the gym whilst you are working out and the cabanas by the pool were really comfy.
I ate in Cafe Claire twice whilst I was there, the Thai set meal was delicious, I also used room service which was also very good.
I can't fault this hotel and if you don't mind paying a little bit extra and being in a quiet part of town you should definitely stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Mim74,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

It is a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our services and I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in so many regards, especially with our friendly and helpful staff, our fabulous guest accommodations to our facilities and culinary delights.

You have indeed made me very proud of our team who work very hard to ensure our guests are very well looked after.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Couldn't complain on the airport transfer, we originally arranged for a Jaguar XJL pick up but later found out it can only seat 2 people on the back seat. So they offered us Toyota Alphard instead. When we arrive at the hotel we were straightly escorted to our room on the 15th floor and perform the check in right there in the dining table and comfort of our own room. We stayed only 1 night in the 2 BR apartment and we have an issue with the leaking water on the master bathroom but the resident manager swiftly changed our room to the new one.

Swimming pool are nicely located on the 4th floor as well as the 24 hours gym and play area that houses a fussball table.

All in all it was a great stay in Bangkok, wished we could've stayed longer.

1  Thank AgungP

Dear AgungP,

I appreciate the time and effort you took to post your review on TA following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok and thank you for recommending us.

I am delighted to note that you and your family had an overall great stay with us and that we were generally successful in ensuring you and your family were comfortable and relaxed and well looked after.

As much I would like to thank you for complimenting the way my manager dealt with the most unfortunate incident with water leaked in your first room. Please allow me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the near future, perhaps for a few days longer so that everyone can experience all amenities our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Oriental Residence Bangkok is the best serviced apartment we have ever stayed - in terms of location, facillities, rooms, services, cleanliness, staff, everything...We booked a one bedroom suite, upon arrival, the friendly receptionist asked whether we want to upgrade to a two bedroom suite for a reasonable price on top of the Stay 3 Pay 2 package...after viewing both types of apartments we decided to take the offer. The two bedroom suite was spacious, very well maintained with two large bathrooms, full kitchen and laundry facilities. Surprisingly after returing from lunch, a big fruit box was waiting for us as a welcome gift.

Nearest BTS station is Phloen Chit with 7 mins walk, but if you want to take the shuttle bus, they run it on a half-hourly schedule, and take you to Chit lom in 3 mins, which is one of the main shopping areas in Bangkok.

We loved our stay and will definitely come back if we visit Bangkok again.

3  Thank Conniejh
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Conniejh,

I would to express our sincere appreciation for you choosing to come and stay with us during your time in Bangkok. We are absolutely thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful experience and I can assure you that we will not waste this opportunity to thank our team for their service to you all.

I would also like to thank you for taking your time to share this wonderful feedback and we are truly hoping to see you and your family back once again.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed as a family party (four adults and a toddler) for three nights in a two-bedroom suite on the 14th floor - room 1408.

The arrival was a surprise as we were on the busy but attractive (treed and grassed central median) Wireless Road in central Bangkok but turned into the hotel(watch as it is easy to pass; it sits between the US and Dutch embassies) setback from the Road and with a calm and elegant entry. Staff were plentiful to meet and greet and arrange the bags. Reception is a very smart cool oasis with professional and helpful reception staff.

The room was expansive with an excellent master suite and a very good second bedroom with its ensuite also accessible from the sitting room - a disadvantage as the doors have open louvres and thus it is not very private from that sitting room but would be fine as a children's bathroom. The ensuites themselves are both fine with good showers (two head choices) and large, soft and thick towels. The master ensuite is spacious and has a separate bath.

The sitting room /kitchen is very large and 'modern apartment' style but with attractive and comfortable furnishings and a wooden floor which is ideal in the climate. Air conditioning was excellent and the room was cool on arrival.

The views from the sitting room and both bedrooms are fantastic over very expansive embassy grounds with the nearest building appearing to be 'miles away'.

Wi-fi is complimentary and as fast as we have experienced anywhere.

During our stay the main restaurant was closed for renovations but the alternate Cafe Claire offered a good menu and was inviting for meals or for morning or afternoon tea. We used it often and each time it was very good. Room service was also good.

The pool on the 4th floor was part undercover and part open and was very inviting and smart. There is another cafe / bar on that level but not air-conditioned as it is outside (but in a covered breezeway in the building) but we did not try it.

Access to sites, transport and shopping is all very good and taxis are very cheap.

A nice touch: our toddler had a birthday while we were at the hotel and on return that day there was a birthday card and a decorated birthday cake waiting.

We would definitely stay again when next in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Views to the rear or left (facing out to Wireless Road) are over parkland embassy grounds).
2  Thank Fairbutselective

Dear Fairbutselective,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It was nice to hear that your family enjoyed their stay at the hotel!

It was especially nice to hear that our team exceeded your expectations and anticipated your needs.

I will look forward to sharing this with our staff to thank them for their great service, we hope to see you and your family again in the future so we can show you are warm and engaging hospitality once again.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had my stay in this residence during Thailand Songkran festival, and would say this place is really "luxury address". Whenever we get on cab, mention to go this address, cab driver will immediately close up meter and say 500baht, which I could only spent less than 80baht by meter to go back this place. moving on, We was moving from Holiday Inn to this residence for a night stay, total experience was good but it could be much more better to meet my expectation in terms of hospitality. Love and hate equally. Hardware is good, room cleanliness and equipment maintained on top, however, I was not really feel welcoming whenever I walk in or walk out of this place. Was treated like I'm staying in 3star hostel with 5 star lobby, no bellboy even care to get my luggage when I'm arriving and rather keep their hand open the door instead and no one will initiate to ask if we need taxi when we were standing at lobby, front desk service was good but will be great if there is more personal touch since we putting high expectation on this residence. Last but not least, appreciate on the dessert and cake for our anniversary, it's really surprise when we get back residence. In conclude, stay was good if your expectation is not high, like usual 5star hotel will treat you, products was even better,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VincentWeiSiang

Dear VincentWeiSiang,

We would like to thank you for having chosen the Oriental Residence and we treasure you having taken the time to share your experience during your trip to Bangkok.

We are committed to delight our guests every day; continually getting better to keep us the best. Therefore it is extremely rewarding to receive remarks about our services and facilities.

Once again, thank you for your detailed feedback, which will certainly help us to better our services. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the not too distant future.