“Simply Astonishing”

Ranked #7 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Simply Astonishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A question of (many) details and a wonderful surprise.
Amazing staff anticipating our needs and caring about ALL the details.
From the beginning having somebody waiting almost at the airplane door, going through the Jaguar to take me to the hotel. The detail of choosing the music playing in the car from the iPad supplied is so inexpensive today but yet so surprising and pleasant.
Check-in in the room was another new and amazing experience.
Claire restaurant is very good w hi-quality, and healthy food and w amazing, (without being pretentious) breakfast.
Designer swimming pool and so-so gym (the only minus).
They made me feel really at home at a very affordable price.
Will come back for sure when in Bangkok.
Carlos Pissarra

Room Tip: Vista parque e mais tranquilo.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear c_pissarra,

Thank you for your kind words posted on TA following your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am delighted to know that you liked our hotel and services.

Your positive feedback will be shared with the entire team so that they know that their great efforts are clearly cherished. I am sure that this will keep them even more motivated to reach out to even higher service levels!

Thank you again for staying with us and my team and I look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment we arrived the Oriental Residence the staff were very helpful and pleasant. The check in process was painless and quick, which was a relief after a long flight.
We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which was sufficient. We have a lovely welcome gift of mango and sticky rice, which was very much appreciated. I couldn’t fault the room with tasteful decor. The hotel itself is very modern, chic and very clean. We were scheduled to stay for 3 nights and cut the stay short by 1 day to stay at the Okura (1/2 a mile up the road) due to the very limited breakfast at the Oriental. Eggs were available in various choices, however when I asked for eggs Benedict I was told this would be extra... hmmmm not sure about that. There was a selection of breads, fruits and salad too, compared to other Bangkok hotels this was the biggest let down.
I will say the concierge were very helpful and seemed to know a great deal about Bangkok and offer sound advice, if you are unsure of what to do they will advise.
I’m not quite sure how this hotel has received its position as 3rd best hotel in Bangkok, what I do know is the one day we stayed at the Okura was very much worth it! overall it was a nice stay and a decent hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a park view, the city looks a little grim.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rupi G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to note that you had a good stay with us overall and I appreciate your feedback.

Rest assured that your valuable comments have been taken in the spirit intended and that we are continuously doing everything possible to increase our breakfast experience.

My team and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Everything about the OR is great. The staff go out of their way to accommodate. Location is good with only a short walk to the Skyrail and major shopping centres. A word of caution though for those who use debit cards when travelling. I do. When I checked in I used a debit card to settle the account. I normally then use a credit card for security deposit ... that way my available funds in the debit card are not tied up unnecessarily.
However, without asking, the receptionist blocked 9,000 THB on the debit card. After a discussion I was further advised that she could not reverse it and that it would be unblocked upon checkout. Of course she apologized which I accepted; mistakes can happen.
Problem was, it took almost a month for that 9,000 THB to be unblocked. That's around $300 I couldn't use for that time.
That said, it is a wonderful place to stay but be very careful when using your debit card for payment.

Room Tip: We spent 3 days on the city side, 19th floor and 3 days on the park side, 16th floor. Park side is...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jock G
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Jock G,

I would like to sincerely thank you for coming to stay with us twice during your time in Thailand. I would also like to thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience. I want to extend my most sincere apologies for the debit card issue you experienced that ultimately distracted you from what should have been an outstanding stay at our property.

Again thank you for coming to see us and we certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back once again in the future.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Oriental Residence is one of the best hotels I have ever been. The suites are just great. Our's overlooked the park of the Dutch and American Embassy. We ordered a pick-up by limousine from the airport and a phantasic Jaguar picked us up - such a luxury. We were welcomed by the hotel entrance by the reception manager. She brought us up to the suite and we could do all the formalities there. Service of this hotel is outstanding, be it for taxi, information or other. For example, I forgot my mobile phone in a restaurant, and reception not only was on it first thing next morning, but also arranged pickup and delivery to our room. The pool is lovely, the restaurant has excellent food, room service efficient.
The hotel is very well situated, 5 min from the BTR (and they have a shuttle bus there) and close to shopping area. We really loved our stay there and I can only recommend this hotel wholeheartedly. Best stay ever!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Sibylle R,

Thank you very much for your raving review following your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

I was very happy to note that our hotel is one of your best hotels in Bangkok, from the location, amenities, service and luxury.

I conquer with you - our pool is lovely indeed, and you have total privacy during certain periods of the day when our guests are usually out and about for shopping and sightseeing.

My team and I really look forward to your return visit and again, thank you very much for recommending the Oriental Residence Bangkok - please feel free to contact me if I may be of any help whatsoever.

Utah, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Two nights in a great corner room. Beautiful new hotel. Fantastic rooms. Wonderful service. Everything clean and crisp - a nice respite in SE Asia. No complaints. Adjacent to US Embassy - a little unclear to me whether I was in a part of the city that is walkable - it was not as obvious as if I had stayed right along the river. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Cafe t Claire had a nice breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank darbydoyle
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear darbydoyle,

Thank you so much for your marvelous Trip Advisor review!

What an absolute pleasure it was to have you staying with us during your time in Bangkok. I would like to express my sincere appreciation for you taking the time to share your wonderful comments about our beautiful property and for recognizing our colleagues for providing their warm and engaging service to you.

I will look forward to sharing this wonderful feedback with the entire team. We are greatly looking forward to your return.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Checked in on 15 May and spent 5 nights here. It's just so amazing... The best room I ever stayed. Staffs have good production knowledge with marvellous service... Good food and service were served by Cafe Claire's team... Location is good... Just next to US Embassy and opposite to Conrad hotel... 5 mins away the Ploenchit BTS station... Highly recommend the place here and definitely will come back...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Gabriel_us,

Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow Trip Advisor readers. It really does help the motivation of the team when we read such lovely comments.

The team here are very proud of the product and standards of service and strive every day to ensure that all our guests wanting to return.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This has to be one of the prettiest hotels I've stayed at. The decor inside is stunning.

The staff are very polite and helpful.

The rooms.... Where to begin! WOW!!! We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and it genuinely took myself and my wife's breath away. First the view was stunning, the welcome mango and sticky rice was delicious, the. The giant living room/kitchen was very comfortable. The bedroom was big too and the bed was very comfortable. The best bit has to be the wall in bathroom - bedroom separated by French doors. In side the bathroom was a separate shower and deeeeep bathtub! His and her dressing tables as well.

We had dinner once in the restaurant and even though it was expensive the food was very nice.

Staying here topped off a wonderful holiday in Thailand!

Well done to the owners of this hotel for making a unique and luxury hotel in Bangkok!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MRA86
Dear MRA86,

Many thanks for completing your Trip Advisor review subsequent to your stay with us. We are so grateful to read that you had the pleasure of enjoying all that our hotel has to offer. We are indeed proud of the product and services that we have on offer here and we are all so pleased that you appreciated it.

The team here are fantastic and a pleasure to work with. They make my life easier and make the stays of all our guests sublime in nearly every aspect. They will be very please to read your comments when I next communicate to them.

We do trust you will return to stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok.