Oriental Residence Bangkok
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
AETAS bangkok(Bangkok)
3,018 results
All reviewscafe clairewireless roadamerican embassyone bedroom suitepillow menuembassy districtpark viewmacaroonsbeautiful hoteldining tablewasher dryerlumpini parkour honeymoonhuge bathroomhome away from homeserviced apartmentperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Higly recommended i can say.. the hotel decoration wonderfulllll the rooms lovely and soo clean food was amazing staff are very hospitality and price very suitable for couple family or business everyone should to go ... :))

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank enrique2181kk
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear tolga k,

We are absolutely delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us during time in Bangkok. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback for our future guests to read.

I will certainly take the time to share your wonderful feedback with our entire team for their warm and engaging service to you.

We would be so thankful to be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It is not very often i give 5 stars on tripadvisor, although this hotel certainly deserves it.

I had an amazing stay here. The hotel is decorated very nicely and the staff are more than happy to help with anything. The pool is a very nice place to relax in the middle of this crazy city! Sitting down there with a drink and looking over the park makes you forget where you are!

The location is a little away from the normal tourist spots, but the skytrain is a 5 minute walk and the staff are happy to point you in the right direction or arrange a taxi, which seems to cost no more than £2-3 wherever you go.

I stayed on the top floor in a lovely one bedroom suite with amazing views of the city. All this for the same price as a city centre premier inn in England!

Many thanks to all of the wonderful staff. I will certainly stay here again when I return to Bangkok!

Room Tip: The higher rooms have amazing views of the city
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Turbo86
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Turbo86,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a wonderful review of your stay on Trip Advisor.

It is always encouraging to hear compliments on our accommodations and I am pleased you enjoyed the design and amenities and even more about our staff’s friendly and welcoming level of service.

I am also delighted to read you found some time to relax at the Pool and were able to decompress from the hustle and bustle.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and my team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home whilst in Bangkok.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A question of (many) details and a wonderful surprise.
Amazing staff anticipating our needs and caring about ALL the details.
From the beginning having somebody waiting almost at the airplane door, going through the Jaguar to take me to the hotel. The detail of choosing the music playing in the car from the iPad supplied is so inexpensive today but yet so surprising and pleasant.
Check-in in the room was another new and amazing experience.
Claire restaurant is very good w hi-quality, and healthy food and w amazing, (without being pretentious) breakfast.
Designer swimming pool and so-so gym (the only minus).
They made me feel really at home at a very affordable price.
Will come back for sure when in Bangkok.
Carlos Pissarra

Room Tip: Vista parque e mais tranquilo.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear c_pissarra,

Thank you for your kind words posted on TA following your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am delighted to know that you liked our hotel and services.

Your positive feedback will be shared with the entire team so that they know that their great efforts are clearly cherished. I am sure that this will keep them even more motivated to reach out to even higher service levels!

Thank you again for staying with us and my team and I look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment we arrived the Oriental Residence the staff were very helpful and pleasant. The check in process was painless and quick, which was a relief after a long flight.
We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which was sufficient. We have a lovely welcome gift of mango and sticky rice, which was very much appreciated. I couldn’t fault the room with tasteful decor. The hotel itself is very modern, chic and very clean. We were scheduled to stay for 3 nights and cut the stay short by 1 day to stay at the Okura (1/2 a mile up the road) due to the very limited breakfast at the Oriental. Eggs were available in various choices, however when I asked for eggs Benedict I was told this would be extra... hmmmm not sure about that. There was a selection of breads, fruits and salad too, compared to other Bangkok hotels this was the biggest let down.
I will say the concierge were very helpful and seemed to know a great deal about Bangkok and offer sound advice, if you are unsure of what to do they will advise.
I’m not quite sure how this hotel has received its position as 3rd best hotel in Bangkok, what I do know is the one day we stayed at the Okura was very much worth it! overall it was a nice stay and a decent hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a park view, the city looks a little grim.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rupi G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to note that you had a good stay with us overall and I appreciate your feedback.

Rest assured that your valuable comments have been taken in the spirit intended and that we are continuously doing everything possible to increase our breakfast experience.

My team and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Everything about the OR is great. The staff go out of their way to accommodate. Location is good with only a short walk to the Skyrail and major shopping centres. A word of caution though for those who use debit cards when travelling. I do. When I checked in I used a debit card to settle the account. I normally then use a credit card for security deposit ... that way my available funds in the debit card are not tied up unnecessarily.
However, without asking, the receptionist blocked 9,000 THB on the debit card. After a discussion I was further advised that she could not reverse it and that it would be unblocked upon checkout. Of course she apologized which I accepted; mistakes can happen.
Problem was, it took almost a month for that 9,000 THB to be unblocked. That's around $300 I couldn't use for that time.
That said, it is a wonderful place to stay but be very careful when using your debit card for payment.

Room Tip: We spent 3 days on the city side, 19th floor and 3 days on the park side, 16th floor. Park side is better at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jock RG A

Dear Jock G,

I would like to sincerely thank you for coming to stay with us twice during your time in Thailand. I would also like to thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience. I want to extend my most sincere apologies for the debit card issue you experienced that ultimately distracted you from what should have been an outstanding stay at our property.

Again thank you for coming to see us and we certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back once again in the future.