“Beautiful Hotel, Staff was just not helpful”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #8 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Vienna, Virginia
“Beautiful Hotel, Staff was just not helpful”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

One of the Best Hotel room we stayed at, usually 5 star hotels for us only. Staff was not rude, just useless. First I should have known it took 3 working days to book our stay because they have credit card problems with their website and they made us jump through hoops, during the stay housekeeper threw out important paper with phone numbers and we had a do not disturb sign on the door. Extremely clean room and had the wow factor. Hotel pool was freezing because it is inside and blocked off, maybe they need a heater because it was in June when we stayed. Breakfast staff is extremely friendly but they selection is low because of quality, maybe they should change the chef because it was average, how do you screw up bacon. Again the staff just needs alot of work, but hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David L
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear David L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please allow me to extend my sincere apologies that your recent experience with us was not a positive one. Rest assured we take each and every piece of feedback very seriously.

I am very surprised to read that our colleagues did not show you the helpfulness and engaging service that we have become famous for.

I truly regret learning that your important paper was missing from your room. I am very sorry for this and surprised as well as our housekeeper never throw anything away that is not already in the trash bin.

I am also sorry to read that you did not enjoy our breakfast. Our culinary team works hard to please our guests in every possible way. It is unfortunate that the bacon prepared for you did not meet your expectations.

I want to assure you that we spend much time and focus on ensuring that these absolutely critical service experiences are at their best, and I will personally follow up with the related departments to ensure we learn from this.

I hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence and trust in us.

Respectfully,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I had a great time in Oriental Residence. This hotel offer me the best service that I have ever had and giving me lots of support before and during the trip. And the staff are so nice & professional. I can say I will choose to stay in this hotel again definitely.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear AnnaKoJS,

I would like to sincerely thank you for coming to stay with us at our property. I am especially delighted to see that our team was able to make a very special connection with you before and during your stay and I will look forward to thanking them personally. These are exactly the type of stories that we want to share with our team and continue to build our service culture.

We hope that you will be able to find your back to our property and we will greatly look forward to showing you our warm and engaging hospitality once again.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant stay at this deluxe property.
Recommended by CEO from Paradise Island Estate on a stopover in Bangkok. We were delighted by the faciliries, location, staff, space of 1 bedroom suite and will return on our next visit to Bangkok and use this superb property as home.
Thank you for a remarkable stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Norwayluxe,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback following your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

I am delighted to note your stay was such a fantastic one and that our product, service and location was amazing on all levels.

My team and I look very much forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel offer a very good price compared to its services. I stayed there for 3 nights. The staff was nice and helpful. She gave me a lot of tips to visit around Bangkok which made me feel easier to travel in a foreign country. The best impression was the hotel was super clean. Everything was arranged perfectly. Best choice to stay there

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Tina Y,

We are happy to note that your stay at the hotel was exceptional and we thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. The team will be delighted to receive such positive feedback and I will be sure to share the same with them.

We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service once again.

perth
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a comfort and elegant home away from home, you should stop at this hotel. Close but not next to all the attractions, the hotel provide with very neat and welcome atmosphere to make you feel such relax and enjoyable. Hotel staff are well trained and thoughtful , small refreshment at lobby such a sparkle. Hotel is a bit pricey compare with other accommodation in Bangkok, but totally worth it. Swimming pool is a bit boring, maybe need to add a bit interest in, the flowers in lobby give me the most beautiful impression.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank willseeyouthere
Dear willseeyouthere,

What an absolute pleasure it is to receive your wonderful feedback on your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I will look forward to sharing this outstanding experience with our entire team and encourage them to use this as inspiration for many guests to come.

We certainly hope that a return trip will be in the future for you and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

They really have thought of everything. From the moment we walked in the doors, it was like stepping into an opulent heaven. Staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Location is ideal for Bangkok. Room very well appointed and spacious. Pool fantastic, couldn't stop indulging in the poolside food. We cant wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beaustravels
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear beaustravels,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am particularly glad that you acknowledged so many positive elements about the hotel from our location to the comfort of the rooms and the staff attentiveness. As a company we greatly value the feedback we receive from our guests as we constantly strive to maintain a consistently high standard of service.

Thank you once again for your kind words. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back at the Oriental Residence Bangkok, hopefully in the very near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you're looking to stay in Bangkok look no further, the Oriental Residence ticks all the boxes.
The location is ideal, only a short way from the sky train, making it accessible to all of Bangkok. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. The breakfast was nice. The pool fantastic. The gym is well equipped and the staff simply cannot do enough for you.
I will definitely be returning in future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jp7566
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear jp7566,

What an absolute pleasure it was to have you and your family staying with us during your time in Bangkok. I would like to express my sincere appreciation for you taking the time to share your wonderful comments about our beautiful property and for recognizing our colleagues for providing their warm and engaging service to you all.

I will look forward to sharing this wonderful feedback with the entire team. We are greatly looking forward to your return and we wish you all the best until then.