“One of the best”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #9 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife and two small children for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment was fantastic. Service was excellent and attentive. The fresh fruit basket and sweets for the kids was a very nice touch.

I got severely ill while staying there (no fault of the hotel) and the staff went out of their way to make sure I got a doctor in the middle of the night and that my wife in children were looked after while I was in hospital. I was so impressed that I've booked a one bedroom suite for an upcoming work trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Ozview,

It was our great pleasure taking care of you and your family on your recent visit. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and for the lovely compliments. It is rewarding to hear that the quality and attentiveness and caring of the service was exceptional. I have passed your kind words to all the team and it is rewarding to hear that you are planning to return again.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Being honest we chose this based on good reviews, location (it is I between the US and Dutch Embassies and when we booked we were unsure about the political situation) and it had a washing machine. The three bed, three bath apartment is just fabulous, absolute luxury and a fabulous retreat from bustling Bangkok. It is so nice we stayed home the first night and cooked in. There's a Tops supermarket across the road. The staff are delightful and helpful. This is the best we've ever had. The pol and play room are quite fun too.

Room Tip: Choose the size you need but they are generously sized
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tracey h

Dear tracey h,

How very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely review and we all greatly appreciate your time. It is so rewarding to hear that we lived up to our billing. We do work incredibly hard to make sure that each and every guest has a memorable stay so I am thrilled that we did this for you and your family.

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback about the team who do pride themselves on the high level of service that is provided for our guests and I have passed your kind words to all.

I do hope that you will make this your home away from home and visit us in the not too distant future.

Executive Assustant Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Checked in past Saturday for a 2+ week business stay and nice to see everything is the same. Got the summer/low season special of 2+1 with additional perks of free mini-bar [non-alcoholic only] and 20% off F&B. One of my favorites here is the pool, which is 90% shaded from the sun....so cool enough to do laps in the early morning.

Service impeccable, great eggs benedict with canadian bacon special for breakfast. The Mrs. arrives later today to join me for 10 days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travl1234
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear travl1234,

Thank you for your continued support of The Oriental Residence Bangkok and it is our great pleasure to welcome you back time after time. I am so pleased to hear that you always feel pampered and that you find the service impeccable. We do provide a very high standard of service and want each and every guest to feel as you do.

Thank you also for taking the time to post your very kind continuous reviews on TripAdvisor which are greatly appreciated.

I have passed your kinds words to all the team who look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to your home away from home in Bangkok.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights in july 2014. Blown away at the size of the 2 bedroom room. Great layout of the rooms and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. Short walk to everything you can possibly need in bangkok

Will be returning

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank chris h
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear chris h,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor and we are delighted to hear that you found the hotels location, service as well as outstanding rooms. We hope you will return soon and that we can be of service again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was excellent! The room was nice, clean, and the view was great! The breakfast buffet was good. The coffee was excellent! The service and attention from the staff was outstanding. Definitely recommended! Close to shopping too!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank traveljunkie237
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear traveljunkie237,

Thank you for posting a review for us and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that the hotel was excellent and in the great location in Bangkok. I am also delighted that you found the staff to be attentive and outstanding and I have passed you kind words to everyone. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

You can't imagine such a elegant, quiet, peaceful place just located in the heart of BKK! The room, the staff, the equipment, the food....everything is perfect. If you want a excited daytime and a relexing sleep, here is your best choice!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank friedajiang

Dear friedajiang,

Thank you much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us. I am delighted that you felt that your overall stay was perfect.

I have passed your king words to all the team who appreciate it and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Accommodation is just gorgeous - feels like you're in the middle of New York when peering out the window or from the balcony.

The staff are also lovely and accommodating. They assisted me with a 6pm late checkout for a small (and definitely worthwhile) fee, so that I could enjoy the comfort of my stunning apartment right up until it was time for me to leave Bangkok.

Sensational place - unabashedly and highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Stephanie H
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Stephanie H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us for which we are very grateful.

Also, thank you also for your very complimentary words about the accommodation, service provided by our team and it is rewarding to hear that all your requests were met and that everyone was helpful and warm.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate your time and we do look forward to welcoming you back to The Oriental Residence Bangkok on a future visit.