“Asia Experience”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #8 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
“Asia Experience”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights at the start of a 17 day trip to Vietnam.

The hotel is wonderful, the staff are very attentive and everywhere is well appointed.

The room was lovely with great views and this place is a little sample of paradise!

Do stay here if you can, we'll be coming back here for sure next time we hit Bangkok for a longer period!

Well done Oriental Residence, keep up the very good work!!!

:-)))

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Woodymac7
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Woodymac7,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed the service and features of the hotel. I have passed your kind words on to my great team.

I am very happy to read that we will be your hotels of choice in Bangkok. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we look forward to seeing you again.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our first stop on our Honeymoon to Thailand and they really rolled the red carpet out for us and made us immediately welcomed after a long day of travelling.

The room was incredible: spacious, comfortable and an awesome bathroom.

The service was top notch - they immediately located an item I left behind and had if promptly shipped to one of our following stops where it arrived on time. They followed up with emails and tracking #s. Very courteous. They have great concierge as well who made the 1.5 days we spent roaming the city very effective.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zachary Z
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Zachary Z,

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post such a fantastic review. I will be passing your very kind words on to my great team here at the hotel. I was so pleased that we made your honeymoon trip special so far and that we exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that you get the chance to come and join us once again in the near future.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews from this site. The rooms are suites with proper bedrooms. It feels like you are staying at a nice apartment. The location is close to the US Embassy. The nearest Central mall is only 10 min away. The staff are helpful and always have a smile. The restaurant has great food - esp the tom yum served in a coconut shell.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank tazzychu
Dear tazzychu,

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was very pleased that we met your expectations and I have passed on you feedback to my brilliant team I am proud to have working with me. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

London, England
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have just had our second stay at Oriental Residence Bangkok, and it was just as good as the first. The shining lights at this stunning hotel are its staff, from doormen and ladies to the front office staff and restaurant team, they are a credit to the management and the hotel, well trained individuals who works a as team to please.

The hotel its self is stunning, the lobby is one the most impressive in Bangkok. The rooms are well furnished with luxurious touches and are well maintained. The one and two bed suites are definitely worth the extra money for the amazing space they offer.

The cafe claire restaurant for breakfast has a lovely vibrant "cafe" feel to it and serves tasty breakfasts from 07:00 until 10:30 which is perfect.

All in all the ORB is by far our favorite hotel in Bangkok, its placement on Wireless road makes it perfect for the shopping district and convenient for dining etc.

Congratulations to ORB you should be number one!

Room Tip: Go for the one or two bed suites
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick_Samui
Dear Nick_Samui,

I was so pleased to read, that once again, we met your expectations following your return stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast as well as the quality of the accommodation we provided you and your family with. I must also thank you for your kind words about the team I am so proud to have them here. It is them who make this hotel great. I have passed on your feedback to all the team here.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your home away from home soon.

Pasig
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Im so glad a good friend of mine discovered ORB through TripAdvisor and suggested we stay there for our recent Bangkok trip! We loved the hotel and its shabby chic but also very cosmopolitan interiors. Its location was so peaceful as it was nestled among foreign embassies and residences and away from the hustle and bustle of the city's center. The lobby was so inviting and friendly unlike the overwhelming feeling you'd get from other hotel lobbies. When we got to our 2-bedroom suite, we fell in love with its layout, classy interiors and view of the city. Most of all, the staff and other personnel were so friendly and they took time to know us by name and always ask how our day was. They were very accommodating and always ready to suggest and give their opinions on the best places to shop, eat, get a massage or just enjoy a night out.

I really loved my ORB experience! Next time Im in Bangkok I will definitely stay there! I will also recommend ORB to people I know.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom suites can fit as many as 5 pax. They are good for families or friends traveling together...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katria77
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Katria77,

Thank you for reviewing the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed all our facilities we have on offer at the hotel and our location. We believe that our service is what truly sets us apart from our competitors and reading your great comments just enforces our belief.

I am happy to read that you would revisit us should you have the chance to return to Bangkok and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

For my wonderful feeling with my stay at Oriental Residence Bangkok, during my stay here, I had a great experience with best service forever ever had offered the Residence. I can't forget this wonderful in my traveling.

The pool was really amazing, room is very cleaned, meal is super tasty. The great time in here is about their service .

Michael, lovely stay by all of you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear michael J,

I was absolutely thrilled to read you very kind and detailed feedback following you stay at The Oriental Residence Bangkok. On behalf of all the team I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. I have already passed these on to all of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near futre.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Anyone that has stayed at ORB, and knows the (probably) apocryphal story of the naming of Est! Est! Est! wine, will understand the link. There is, however, nothing apocryphal about ORB standards, superlatives abound, and I include price, it was very good value. Read the other reviews and see that we are the lucky ones who have already enjoyed ORB...
We stayed here last week before heading on to Yangon, but cut short our stay there to add some more ORB days before heading home. Well done everyone at ORB! Thank you kindly.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank TomassoPan
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear TomassoPan,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations. Our aim here is to ensure that each and every guest has a fantastic stay with us and I really do hope that you will stay even longer next time.