“Vacation Stay Aug 2014”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #10 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel was a pleasant surprise. The room was bigger than expected with a fully equipped kitchenette and a full sized fridge and freezer. The hotel also had a pillow menu so you can choose the softness or hardness that you want. Also it was a pleasant surprise that the hotel not only offered bath sheets, but that they were the thick and soft ones not the cheap hard fibers that lesser hotels use.

The hotel also offers shuttle service to the nearest train station every 1/2 hour up to 8pm. For the jogging enthusiast, they provide a route map, bottled water and a towel for your run in the morning.

Overall, the hotel was a nice value.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear JeromeDZ,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok, it certainly sounds like you had a very comfortable experience, and enjoyed many of the excellent amenities the hotel has to offer. All of our rooms are larger than average for Bangkok hotels. We always appreciate great feedback regarding our services, as we pride ourselves on exceeding every guest's expectations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Oriental Residence Bangkok

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Right from the minute we entered the hotel till check out, we had wonderful experience...Staff were courteous, helpful and approachable...Rooms were spacious, in-room dining options were great. Good value for money...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IamKrish

Dear IamKrish,

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us at thenOriental Residence Bangkok. Overall I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and passed on your feedback to my team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights at the start of a 17 day trip to Vietnam.

The hotel is wonderful, the staff are very attentive and everywhere is well appointed.

The room was lovely with great views and this place is a little sample of paradise!

Do stay here if you can, we'll be coming back here for sure next time we hit Bangkok for a longer period!

Well done Oriental Residence, keep up the very good work!!!

:-)))

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Woodymac7
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Woodymac7,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed the service and features of the hotel. I have passed your kind words on to my great team.

I am very happy to read that we will be your hotels of choice in Bangkok. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our first stop on our Honeymoon to Thailand and they really rolled the red carpet out for us and made us immediately welcomed after a long day of travelling.

The room was incredible: spacious, comfortable and an awesome bathroom.

The service was top notch - they immediately located an item I left behind and had if promptly shipped to one of our following stops where it arrived on time. They followed up with emails and tracking #s. Very courteous. They have great concierge as well who made the 1.5 days we spent roaming the city very effective.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zachary Z
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Zachary Z,

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post such a fantastic review. I will be passing your very kind words on to my great team here at the hotel. I was so pleased that we made your honeymoon trip special so far and that we exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that you get the chance to come and join us once again in the near future.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews from this site. The rooms are suites with proper bedrooms. It feels like you are staying at a nice apartment. The location is close to the US Embassy. The nearest Central mall is only 10 min away. The staff are helpful and always have a smile. The restaurant has great food - esp the tom yum served in a coconut shell.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank tazzychu

Dear tazzychu,

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was very pleased that we met your expectations and I have passed on you feedback to my brilliant team I am proud to have working with me. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have just had our second stay at Oriental Residence Bangkok, and it was just as good as the first. The shining lights at this stunning hotel are its staff, from doormen and ladies to the front office staff and restaurant team, they are a credit to the management and the hotel, well trained individuals who works a as team to please.

The hotel its self is stunning, the lobby is one the most impressive in Bangkok. The rooms are well furnished with luxurious touches and are well maintained. The one and two bed suites are definitely worth the extra money for the amazing space they offer.

The cafe claire restaurant for breakfast has a lovely vibrant "cafe" feel to it and serves tasty breakfasts from 07:00 until 10:30 which is perfect.

All in all the ORB is by far our favorite hotel in Bangkok, its placement on Wireless road makes it perfect for the shopping district and convenient for dining etc.

Congratulations to ORB you should be number one!

Room Tip: Go for the one or two bed suites
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick_Samui

Dear Nick_Samui,

I was so pleased to read, that once again, we met your expectations following your return stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast as well as the quality of the accommodation we provided you and your family with. I must also thank you for your kind words about the team I am so proud to have them here. It is them who make this hotel great. I have passed on your feedback to all the team here.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your home away from home soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Im so glad a good friend of mine discovered ORB through TripAdvisor and suggested we stay there for our recent Bangkok trip! We loved the hotel and its shabby chic but also very cosmopolitan interiors. Its location was so peaceful as it was nestled among foreign embassies and residences and away from the hustle and bustle of the city's center. The lobby was so inviting and friendly unlike the overwhelming feeling you'd get from other hotel lobbies. When we got to our 2-bedroom suite, we fell in love with its layout, classy interiors and view of the city. Most of all, the staff and other personnel were so friendly and they took time to know us by name and always ask how our day was. They were very accommodating and always ready to suggest and give their opinions on the best places to shop, eat, get a massage or just enjoy a night out.

I really loved my ORB experience! Next time Im in Bangkok I will definitely stay there! I will also recommend ORB to people I know.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom suites can fit as many as 5 pax. They are good for families or friends traveling together...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katria77
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Katria77,

Thank you for reviewing the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed all our facilities we have on offer at the hotel and our location. We believe that our service is what truly sets us apart from our competitors and reading your great comments just enforces our belief.

I am happy to read that you would revisit us should you have the chance to return to Bangkok and look forward to your next stay.