“Top class. Pure and simple.”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #8 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Liphook, United Kingdom
“Top class. Pure and simple.”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Tremendous value at this luxurious property that must be setting the standard for customer service in Bangkok. Understated quality all around from staff, to furnishings, and service. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: 10th floor, corner room, lots of windows, balcony over city views.
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Geohenders02,

We are delighted that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and were particularly pleased with the service delivery. Customer Care is indeed amongst one of our highest priorities and it is always rewarding to receive such commends and appreciation, which will be shared with the rest of the team.

Thank you for your positive and encouraging review and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Oriental Residence Bangkok again hopefully very soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
brisbane
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This hotel was one I picked as I your another friend had stayed there and I knew she was really particular. She had a bit of a rave and now so am I.

This hotel was fantastic. The service from start to finish was excellent. My husband got a bug and the staff went out late at night and got him some medicine. I kept on wanting to find obscure little restaurants and shops and the staff would go out of their way to find it and help me and the cab driver to get there. I really can't fault this place.

On arrival you are presented with an amazing little plate of sticky rice and mango which is essentially Thailand on a plate - it was fantastic. The bed was possible the most comfy I have ever had in a hotel and the small kitchenette was a bonus. Great little bar fridge selection and tea and coffee.

The hotel is next to Lumpini park which is stunning and in a really beautiful little neighbourhood - close to the train station with a shuttle bus that will take you there.

loved it and will be back.

Room Tip: I am not sure what other rooms were but we looked out over the park - it was beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snackqueen
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear snackqueen,

It was an absolute pleasure reading your review and I do thank you for making the time to do so. I was delighted to hear that you have chosen to stay with us because of your friend.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel excellent and that the team did their upmost to ensure your stay was as good as possible.

We would like to thank you and your friend for recommending The Oriental Residence Bangkok. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a one bed suite with our 4yr old and 1yr old.
Our room was beautiful and spacious, and the bed was possibly the most comfortable I have ever slept on.
The bathroom is huge, and the toiletries lovely, the kitchenette seemed well equipped, not that we used it.
Some lovely welcome snacks were appreciated.
Staff were very good at arranging taxis etc, and breakfast at Cafe Claire was delicious.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julia O
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Julia O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback about The Oriental Residence Bangkok.

We are overwhelmed to know that you and your family had a relaxing, comfortable and memorable stay and also appreciated our room, overall facilities, breakfast at Cafe Claire and the best of all, impeccable service rendered by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back at The Oriental Residence Bangkok in not so distant future.

Pune, India
Reviewed 1 September 2014

As the title above says. It's hard to find anything that's not of very high quality. The staff are exceptional. The sheets and towels went beyond soft. Rarely have I eaten better eggs. The level of detail is staggering

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank AMMPune2013
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear AMMPune2013,

I was really pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay at The Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed the service you received from the brilliant team I have at our hotel and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities including the great breakfast we serve. I was delighted we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back, once again, in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Boutique hotels are on the rise in Bangkok, and Oriental Residence Bangkok is sure bet. New, beautiful spacious rooms in soft palettes, and amazingly comfortable bed and linens, large bathroom and closet space. Our room offered a small table with a seating banquet and chairs and small kitchen area. The lobby and staff are equally charming and efficient. The pool is small, but nice and partially covered. The Cafe located on the lobby level is small and quiet and has a perfect menu- well priced and offering both Western and Thai choices. Location is also great as it's off the main road so you do not get trapped in the traffic. Near American Embassy. Great choice for leisure or business.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank expattravels2014
Dear expattravels2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a glowing review on TripAdvisor.

It was an absolute delight to read through your comments and to hear your words of praise about the hotel. Please rest assured I have shared your remarks with the entire team and they were as pleased as I to hear your feedback.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing The Oriental Residence Bangkok - we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Tustin, California
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

I knew this place was going to be nice based on the online research, but wow. It is immaculate, the service is superb, and the food in both restaurants on the premises was delicious. Foie on a hamburger, anyone? The rooms are beautiful, relaxing, and have a little kitchenette. My goal is to come back here one day!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear JenC_in_OC,

I was so glad to read your review following your stay with us at The Oriental Residence Bangkok. Our aim is to ensure we only deliver the best service, culinary experience and facilities to our guests so was pleased that we met your expecations.

We believe that our service is what truly sets us apart from our competitors and reading your great comments just enforces our belief. I do hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Oriental Residence is a very luxurious Resort . I fell in love at first sight .. As soon as we entered the lobby , we felt the welcoming atmosphere & the friendly staff who were very nice , smiling & so quick in doing their job, our Suite was cosy & lovely . I took pictures of every single detail of the different corners . Nice views , very well situated , a short walk to the metro station.. Really " a home away from home " I simply love it & I will recommend it to dear friends . In a nutshell ; " Thank Youuu "

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Olfa Z,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you both had a superb experience with us and I was very pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly and courteous.

We certainly strive to deliver the highest standard of customer service to all our guests and it is always encouraging to receive such appreciation.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you both back again in the not too distant future.