“Top end”

Ranked #16 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Top end”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed here at the end of our trip for 2 nights, it was a great way to cap off the holiday. The staff could not do enough for us, very helpful and we had an orientation of the hotel and our room. The room was amazing, incredibly decorated, lots of room, and lots of gadgets like an apple TV and electronic blinds which when opened showed the most amazing view. It is situated near a park so you get a view over the park and the Bangkok skyline its breathtaking. The bar on the top floor is brilliant you see so much and so far with a variety of cocktails and drinks. The pool is beautiful too with amazing views, though the water was freezing! Location wise it is within a 10 minute tuk tuk of MBK the main shopping mall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Akira Y, Director of So Guest’s Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Khun Becky W,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sofitel So Bangkok. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time, and that you were pleased with our guest rooms, rooftop bar, and infinity pool! I apologize for the temperature of the water; we are currently in our Thai ‘winter’ making the pool a bit cooler than usual, but we are looking to install a new heater within the coming year!
On your next visit, be sure to try the Cocoa Rush Hour at our Chocolab, where we use French Bonnat chocolate from the oldest chocolate factory in the world!
Director of So Guest’s Experience

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have just had a couple of nights at the Sofitel So. We stayed in a park facing room. The room was very clean and the service was excellent. We first met the lovely Layla at reception on arrival and she was very friendly and helpful to us throughout our entire stay, giving us advice on places to go etc. Everyone on staff was so lovely and friendly and eager to please. We would thoroughly recommend So Sofitel and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Akira Y, Director of So Guest’s Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Khun Jennywren9395,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to give you such great service. I will share your comments with So Laila, who I’m sure will be delighted and motivated to keep up the good work.
On your next visit, be sure to have a drink at our Park Society Terrace on the rooftop, and enjoy the sunset over Bangkok!
Klang
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I used to stay in Banyan Tree during my business trip. This is my first time staing in Sofitel So. I was impressed by the interior design of the check in area as well as the room. Friednly staff I stayed in wood element which has a view spectacular view of the Lumpini park! Love the view so much. Breakfast is good. Pool and gym area are good. Despite i could not extend my check out time, i feel so comfy freshen up myself at the gym changing room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Khun Jiamin C,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Wood room, Red Oven breakfast, infinity pool, and So FIT gym!
I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to extend your check out time; however, I am happy that we could accommodate you while you waited!
I hope to see you again here at So Bangkok, and for your next visit, don’t forget to try one of our So relaxing treatments in our spa.
Singapore
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I'm still buzzing over an amazing long weekend at the So. This place works - modern, fun and just a touch of self-depreciating humor that takes the edge off the "Hi-So" lifestyle (High Society - Bangkok-speak for the bourgeoisie) this place epitomizes.

My Water room on the 25th floor is stunning. For the first time in a long time, I spent most of my day chilling on the sunbed or sipping champagne at the huge bubble bath watching the Bangkok rush hour traffic. I could stream my playlist/movies off my iPad onto the 34" Samsung LCD tv and order pad thai in bed. With the mess on street level and the riots, there was little reason for me to leave.

The club lounge is impeccable for high tea and sundowners. I wasn't impressed with the selection tho and ended up taking my breakfast at Red Oven. Who can say no to a scoop of bacon and maple ice cream?

Like everyone else, I loved the park views from the pool. Its a pity there was no direct sun on the loungers in the pool area in winter - you have to nip to the "solarium" (ie green space) at the back. And they didn't tell you the water was ICY! I wish they warm up the water in the jacuzzi. Its not very romantic to be shivering in your speedos. It sure didn't stop the hordes at the monthly pool party (last Saturday of every month) - hotel guest gets free entry/drinks. It was a very fun and wet Saturday.

The hotel isn't without its flaws. My pad thai was still sitting outside my door uncollected after 6 hours. I had to wait a couple of hours for housekeeping to show up with my towels. My experience with the spa was mediocre - the sound system wouldn't work and I wasn't impressed with my "Hipster Facial". These won't stop me from making this my new getaway in Bangkok.

Room Tip: I'm partial to the Water rooms because of the views from high floors (25-27 only) especially fro...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Khun Traminer,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok. It is always great to receive both positive and constructive feedback from our guests!
Firstly, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and design of our hotel, and that you felt right at home in your Water room!
I apologize that the breakfast selection at Club Signature was below your expectations; however I hope you were able to try a personalized a la carte choice by our chef. Nevertheless, I am glad that you enjoyed the Red Oven breakfast, from the bacon to the ice cream counter!
As for the swimming pool and Jacuzzi, I am delighted to tell you that we are in the process of discussing a new water heater which should be installed next year. Hopefully this will improve both pool and pool party experience!
I am sorry to hear about the slow pickup of plates and delivery of towels. I will be sure to share this with both Room Service and Housekeeping to prevent future occurrences.
Finally concerning your So SPA experience, I apologize that it was not as fantastic as it should have been. I will inform the engineer about the sound system, and follow up about your Hipster Facial, so that we can improve to provide the best experience possible in the future.
For your next visit, do not forget to attend one of our Full Moon or Black Moon Parties, which occur every month on the rooftop!