“BEST HOTEL IN BANGKOK” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Shanghai, China
“BEST HOTEL IN BANGKOK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the gem of all gems in Bangkok! Great views. incredible foods, and wonder experiences to be created. From the moment you check in to the time you check out....

The hotel is wonderful and the staff is amazing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen P
Akira Y, Director of So Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Khun Stephen P,

Sowasdee kaa from Sofitel SO Bangkok,

I higly appreciate the time for sharing your experience about our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is always a pleasure providing our guests with uttermost quality service.

I look forward in seeing you enter our doors more frequently and soon. Thank you.

So Kind regards,

Akira Y
Director of So Guest's Experience
Sofitel So Bagnkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is my first review on TripAdvisor and I spent four consecutive nights with Sofitel SO Bangkok.

Before the trip started I sent an email to the hotel asking for room upgrade with my loyalty member status. The room was eventually upgraded from SO COSY room to the SO CLUB room with assess to Club signature and it's water element themed. A slight regret that they could not arranged a Lumpini Park view room to me despite I mentioned on the email, maybe due to availability? The room was clean enough but I found some dirt on the white couch. Near the bathroom there was a "hidden door" which's supposed to be locked in which I could see some pipelines inside, please fix it. The room was equipped with Apple Mac, I could play the songs on my iPhone with the AirPlay function, it's SO high tech! Loved it so much. The mini bar was free of charge and the room keeper would replenish it everyday which's good!

The staff were helpful and attentive to details. After arriving the entrance of the hotel, an attendant immediately came and ushered me to 25/F for private check in.
I particularly appreciated the effort of its room keepers for their efficiency and hard work. For example, after having my breakfast in the Club Signature lounge, I went back to the room and I found that the room service was finished ! How could they did within a short period of time!?
I am a Thai Food lover. The Red Oven restaurant was good and I loved the Pad Thai so much, it was so tasty. I thought there was discount for Le Club Accorhotels member when I asked a waiter but after checking the bill there was not, Maybe there's misunderstanding.

It's the infinity pool that made me chose Sofitel SO Bangkok and it did not disappoint me. I think it's worthy to spend time there and I did. My friend and I had a very relaxing moment.

Having a glass of cocktail in its rooftop bar namely Park Society is apparently a nice experience and made my day accomplished. The staff did not forbid me from entering the bar for wearing flip-flop. Appreciated it!

It was a luxurious experience staying in Sofitel SO Bangkok and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear khun pang613,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok,

Beforehand I would thank you for your feedback and recommendations. I am happy to know that we did not let you down in your expectations from the hotel and you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the time and effort on sharing your experience in our hotel.

I would like to apologize about the couch and the hidden door, I would like to assure you that such problems will not be faced by any guest. I appreciate your criticsm as it will help us to provide you with the best hospitality service and quality.

I hope that you visit us again soon and I would like to recommend you to try more from the huge variety of menu from our great chefs in the red oven in your next arrival.

So Kind regards,

Akira YAN-UBOL PETIT
Director of So Guest's Experience
Sofitel So Bangkok
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place is really luxurious at every levels. You may want to dress a bit to feel confortable at this classy spot — so try not to show up wearing your beach flip flops.

We booked a So Comfy room with a view over the park. The view was truly spectacular and the room design was something special.

Breakfast is fabulous, with a huge choice of everything. Again, worth it to ask for a table with a view over the park. Food is amazingly displayedn organized by thematics — and there is so many different things. Have a look at bread artworks. Even two different types of bacons are offered, crispy or not. Do I need to say more ?

The pool area is something you need to experience as well. It has a spa and bar attached to it, with comfy couches to appreciate the moment. A wonderful place either at night or during sunsets, after a long day in Bangkok.

Here's a tip : pool area is also where we've chosen to stay after having checked out and before going to the airport on our last day in Bangkok. That way we were able to get drinks, WiFi, chill out and have a shower in the superb spa before our flight back to the UK. A good thing to do before such a long flight. Ask to do the same when consigning your luggage to the staff on your last day :)

Room Tip: Pick up a room with a view over Lumpini park — it worth the extra money
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Akira Y, Director of Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Khun b1nnie,

Sowasdee Ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

Thank you so much for taking your time sharing your feedback and tips on our hotel! We are happy to know that your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok had been conveniently wonderful!

We are looking forward to seeing you again as we love to welcome you as our regular guests!

Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Can start by stating that the king size bed at the So Bangkok is the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We stayed in a wood themed studio (beautiful design) with club lounge access (great breakfasts, afternoon teas and evening cocktails/snacks) where the staff are very very attentive and friendly! We chose the So because of its location near the TRSC LASIK centre, but it is only a relatively short distance from the major shopping centres and various nightlife. Unfortunately the military coup and curfew meant we had to stay in more than planned, but had a great meal at the restaurant on the top floor. The infinity pool is beautiful and the gym has a great view and has great modern equipment. Also, love the funky outfits worn by all the staff, who are great and cannot do enough for you. Would stay again next time in Bangkok.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Khun RussellJM,

Sowasdee Ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

Thank you very much for taking your time sharing your feedback with us! We are happy to know that your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok had been wonderful! Although the coup did cause our guest certain amount of inconvenience, we do apologize.

SO we are looking forward to seeing you again as we love to welcome you as our regular guests!

Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Where to start, such an amazing hotel. Stayed in Water Room, beautiful views over the park and wet room in the bathroom. A beautiful hotel room. Staff were beyond attentive, so friendly and informative..pool area was super. Overall an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Water room with a view over the park
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Khun Silvy84,

Schlieren, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the perfect weekend at the Sofitel So. They have the biggest breakfast choice I have ever seen, a superb view from the room as well as from the pool area, the biggest bed I have ever slept in and what's most important all staff was very friendly, genuine and helpful. Thanks Mr. Paul and Mr. Ness, you were amazing. I had a blast and hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Khun Laura S,

Sowasdee Ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your feedback with us! We are very happy to know that your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok had been wonderful! like a princes! We hope to see you again soon as we love to welcome you as our regular guests!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Amazing hotel. Beautiful. It would impossible for me to stay at a hotel of this caliber in the US. Staying at the Sofitel felt so luxurious. Staff bends over backyards to accomodate any request. I couldnt figure out the remote control, so i called the front desk, in 15 minutes there were two repairmen at my door. Clearly there was a miscommunication. There was nothing wrong with my TV, (just the user) but i appreciated the level of urgency and responsiveness. Gorgeous hotel. Wouldnt stay anywhere else if ever in Bangkok again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HotelLover731
Dear Khun chnkylvr,

Sowasdee Ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us! We are happy to know that your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok had been wonderful!