“Life is Magnifique”
Review of SO Sofitel Bangkok

SO Sofitel Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is our first time stay at Sofitel brand, usually we stay at Pullman or Novotel
Great hotel, excellent design, great staff.
They have 4 different type of room with 4 different of design and we try all of it.
Our favorite room is Water Room with a view of Lumpini Park
The club benefit is the best so far.
Love the food variety
As Sofitel said that Life is Magnifique, well it is.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Akira Y, Director of Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Khun Fsiskas82,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Initially I would like to thank you for your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok. We very much appreciate your valuable time for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback from our guests.

We here at Sofitel So Bangkok strive on our guest's joy and satisfaction. Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement for our team.

I thank you again for you visit and hope that you will visit us soon and more frequently and we assure you that your stay will be as magnifique as your last visit. Have a nice day.

So Kind Regards,
Akira Yan-Ubol Petit
Director of Guest's Experience

Reviewed 9 June 2014

All hotel staff should spend a weekend at Sofitel So Bangkok to see how to tread your clients,from beginning to end it is the most wonderful stay. They think of everything to try and make your stay that much better. The rooms are beautiful whichever element you pick. Slick, beautiful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Akira Y, Director of So Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Khun Gregg A,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok,

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind and very motivating words. I appreciate for your time for the feedback from your experience with us at Sofitel So Bangkok.

It's our pleasure that we were able to keep you happy during your stay. We, here at Sofitel So Bangkok, aim to provide our guest with excellent quality and service.

I would recommend to try our other elements as well from our 4 elements; metal, wood, earth and water, if you haven't done so. We are optimistic that you will visit us again and become one of our frequent unpackers.

So Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel was superb. Absolutely recommend.

We stayed in a studio suite with "wood" theme. It was huge with everything you could need including a big comfy bed, powerful shower, wifi, two tvs with Apple computers attached, hifi with airplay, coffee machine, free minibar (no alcohol) and huge windows with lots of natural light and great views (ours weren't of the park but they were still impressive). Very tastefully done.

The breakfast in the hotel's restaurant was awesome. The pool area is very good with a great view over the park, although seemed to get pretty crowded and could do with more sun beds.

The best part was how accommodating the hotel was: we checked in at 7am after an overnight train, and checked out at 4pm as we had a late flight. Even after we had checked out, we were still able to use the hotel's facilities including pool and change rooms and access the club lounge.

If I stayed again, I would request a "water" theme room overlooking the park. They are on the top 3 or 4 floors. I don't think they have any studio suites in "water" theme though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Akira Y, Director of So Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Khun Edward C,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel SO bangkok,

Thank you for your kind words, your feedback and recommendation are very valuable to us.

It gives us joy knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us at Sofitel SO bangkok. We here at Sofitel SO bangkok strive to provide you with the best quality and service.

I hope that you visit us and give us an opportunity again to provide you with our service again. We will be looking forward towards your next arrival.In addition, a "water" themed room is highly awaiting your arrival.

SO Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to Bangkok in April for a much needed holiday. After coming back from Koh Samui we were 100% certain that Bangkok was not going to be the best.

However the service that was provided at this hotel was outstanding. Especially from one of the ladies at the check in. Her name was Laila. She was a such a lovely girl who helped with all of our needs. She took us on a tour of the hotel to make sure we knew where everything was. She even gave us a little guide as to what we could do in the busy Bangkok. My wife and I were so appreciative for Laila because we wouldn't have known what to do otherwise.

The rooms were amazing. We stayed in the metal room which was so nice and modern. Whatever you do, don't stay in the blue room. Can't remember what it's called bit wasn't attractive at all.

Not the best hotel I've been to seeing as though it seemed like more of a corporate hotel not a holiday destination but the service was 100%. Especially from Laila.

Thanks Laila you're a gem and I'd say the highlight of the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Akira Y, Director of So Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Khun HNM86

What a wonderful feedback and recommendation you wrote here! Thank you so much, it is very motivated and encouraging for us!

We are very sorry that you did not like the Earth blue room. It is actually my favourite as it's so quirky and unique but I totally understand that it's not for everyone and we are glad that the Metal room worked out well for you :-)

I have shared your compliment to Liala and hersupervisor Paul, the Guest Relations Manager. I can tell you that they both couldn't stop smiling! They have asked me to pass their appreciation to your kind message and that they hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Please do not stay away too long and return to us soon!

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Having heard from a friend how wonderful the hotel was, decided to give it a shot.

On entering the hotel, it was a little complicated as the check in counter is not on the ground floor but located on the 9th floor. And as I was an Accor member, was asked to check in at Club Signature which was again another confusing path since it links to another set of elevator. Checking in was personalized and they gave me a "Water" room. However on arriving at the lift lobby of the "Water" room, I was indeed greeted by trailing water from the ceiling and had to make a detour to reach my room. The room was located at a corner and was a little uncomfortable entering the room since it was in a corner and the layout of the room was in my opinion awkward. Decided to take a shower on settling down and gosh....as the theme suggest "Water" room, I was surprised that perhaps of the way I placed the shower head, the living room was a little flooded with water. This is when I decided to change to another room.

Was given a "Earth" room and yes this is really wonderful in my opinion as it is bright and lively. Another issue I had with the room was the in room entertainment system which hang on my first night and was reset by the technician...so much about technology.

On one morning, I decided to invite my intern for breakfast since I recalled the room was booked for 2. I checked again with the reception the night before the breakfast and was reassured it was for 2. However, on the day my intern joined me for breakfast, they charged another extra person.

I left a message at the reception that morning but was never looked into till the day I checked out.

Another hiccup I faced at the hotel was that on arrival, I asked what time is the shuttle tuk tuk service and the staff (at the door) asked me what time I need it, I told them the next day at 8:15 am and they said ok but the next morning, they said it is an hourly service...I made some noise and they finally agreed to send me to BTS.

As mentioned, other than the location of the hotel which is perhaps a quick 20 mins walk to BTS station, it is not located in the best location.

Other than this, almost every thing was perfect in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank The_TravellerSg

Dear Khun The_TravellerSg

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the feedback with us about your recent stay at So Bangkok.

I am very sorry that there were shortcomings of defects occurred with the water room you checked-in to. I am glad to hear that you liked and prefered the Earth room, which is my favourit as well...it is so quirky and unique!

As for the low-floor lifts and high-floor lifts, it is understandable that it can be perceived confusing, however, please allow me to highlight to importance of not only designnnpurposes but also security reason.
In most of new major high rising building these days, including many hotels in Bangkok, it is common to find 2 zones lifts. Since both resident and non-resident guests can access into the hotel any time, it is important to separate high-floor lifts for our resident guests to eliminate the chance for non-resident guests to access to any guest rooms.

While street lobby is where our concierge desk is situated, guests who are entitled to executive club access will be escorted to the 25th floor for exclusive register.
I am sorry if this was not explained to you properly by our escort ambassador.I will address this to our Front Office Manager, Khun Tinny to rectify and train the team immediately.

Please also accept our sincerest apologies for the following issues: information about the operation hours of Tuk Tuk shuttle service, which should have been told to you accurately on that matter, and the breakfast cost for your trainee, which should have been no charge.

If you would allow me to contact you directly for further discussion and to make sure wrong things to be made right, so please kindly drop me a quick email via H6835-GM2@softel.coom and I will get back to you shortly.

I hope you would allow us to welcome you back and better serve you with a more usual and typical high standards that we are proud of.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the interiors to its hospitality, this chic boutique hotel scores an all time high to rival others for all it's worth along the sathorn area. The experience was superbly seamless from the time you arrive till the last moments of check out.

The attention to details both in its hard and software go an extra mile making the stay an unforgettable one. Kudos to the front desk managers, impeccable food and service at red oven (big spread for breakfast!), excellent infinity pool with a panoramic view over lumpini park and the bedroom that speaks nothing but seamless innovation.

Big shout out to the best concierge service ever from Laila! We certainly hope to be back real soon!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank JRLI

Dear khun JRLI,

Sowasdee kaa from Sofitel SO Bangkok,

Beforehand I highly appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words. We here at Sofitel SO Bangkok, find joy in providing our guests with great quality and service.

Your regards are already sent to So Laila, the front desk managers and to the friends at red oven. Your feedback will serve as a higher motivational tool; in order to provide evergrowing
high quality of service.

I hope that we will see you again in a short amont of time and wish that you will be one of our frequent guests. We will be looking forward to serve you again.

So kind regards,

Akira YAN-UBOL PETIT

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Absolutely perfect 5 star hotel. From the moment you check in to the time you check out, the place looks perfect without saying and what really makes this property stand out is the staff and food. Thank you Benz and the team, we will definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Khun Sinderla R

Your feedback is such a wonderful and encouraging one for us, especially for Benz! He is our trainee and we have seen how motivated and hard working he is, so we are proud to have him with us :-)

Tahnk you so mcuh for your kind message and we are so happy to hear that yor previous stay with us was fantastic, especially because of ur team members and the food!

I have shred your feedbacck with the team, so we cannot remove the big smile from our faces at all!

So, please do not stay away from us too long and come back soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guest!

Have a great weekend!