“Perfect City Getaway”

SO Sofitel Bangkok
Ranked #14 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
“Perfect City Getaway”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I am always obsessed with the Southeast Asian countries, Thailand definitely will be on the top of my list. I spent three nights staying at Sofitel So Bangkok for my solo trip earlier this year. If I remembered correctly the hotel opened in early 2012, so everything looks brand new. It is located in Lumpini area within walking distance from the nearest MRT station.

The design is definitely the highlight of the property, you will feel the chic and stylish design once stepping into the Lobby. The interiors are purely inspired by the traditional elements in the East culture known as Mental, Wood, Water, Fire and Earth, which distinctly creates four themed-room type for guests to choose from.The staff gave me the Earth themed room per my request upon Check In.

Hotel staff are so accommodating and helpful, given the protests and unstable political situation during my stay, I did rely on the staff to offer proper advice for my city exploration as well as feed me the latest updates. It turned out to be the staff were so helpful and reliable, which really impressed me.

I did enjoy a very pleasant trip in Bangkok, even though i was unable to check out certain tour spots in the city. Just save it to my next trip and more to be discovered.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Grace L
Akira Y, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear khun Grace L,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

To begin with, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am highly delighted to learn that your stay with was although short but was pleasant and memorable, and that our So ambassadors in their respected stations performed exceptionally to provide you with a comfortable stay.

Yes, khun Grace L, our hotel did open on early of 2012; February to be exact. It was very kind of you to share such extensive information about us. We here at Sofitel So Bangkok, prioritize our guests’ safety and security, and am very pleased that you had a safe and secure stay during the unstable political situation, and moreover, that our So ambassador provided you with the information and impressed you.

I thank you again for your kind compliments, and we hope as well to see you soon and provide you with a pleasant and memorable stay.

Have a great week ahead.

Yves Mudry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
london
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel deserves a 5 star rating. Absolutely gorgeous and highly trained professional staffs. Food at the red oven is highly recommended, they are extraordinary. My family would also like thank you Cherry in parricular, she is very helpful and sincerely nice to our family. We shall definitely return to the hotel and will also recommend to our friends .. Thank you everyone ... Roberts

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank robertslouis
Dear khun Roberts,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am highly delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and memorable, and that our So ambassadors in their respected stations performed exceptionally to provide you with a comfortable stay. I am elated to know about your experience at the Red Oven; your kind compliments will be shared with our executive chef, Mr. Paul Smart and with So Cherry for her marvelous performance.

I thank you again for your kind compliments, and we hope that we will be your favorite in Bangkok. We hope as well to see you and your family very soon and provide you with a pleasant and memorable stay.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is an excellent, beautifully designed high-end luxury hotel. The stay was nothing short of fabulous. A wonderful and very comfortable room, amazing staff, great breakfast buffet, and a luxurious 5* spa. Everything is set to make you feel special during your visit. It is a bit off location-wise (though very close to a metro station) so not much going on around the hotel itself, but no one goes to bangkok to wander around the hotel anyway and with a short hop you're in Silom. The staff is very helpful and genuinely attentive (I was even let out of hours into the business lounge at 1am to print my boarding pass!) and the service is top notch!
I have been many times in Bangkok and visited several hotels, and this is my favourite.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view room if possible. The water themed room are a bit "too blue" (hence mi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Goor1978
Dear khun Goor1978,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Beforehand, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our valued guests.

I am delighted to know that your stay with us was excellent and fabulous. I am happy that you were satisfied with our rooms and our facilities like Red Oven and So Spa. Moreover, I am elated that you found the service provided by our So ambassador to be exceptional. If I may trouble you, and if you can remember, please do send us the name of the staff that you were very happy with. Here at Sofitel So Bangkok, we run an exceptional employee program, and thus you can help our So ambassadors to win the award.

If you have any further feedback or recommendations for us, please feel free to e-mail me at H6835-GM2@sofitel.com.

I thank you again for your kind compliments, and we hope that we will be your favorite in Bangkok. We hope as well to see you very soon and provide you with a pleasant and memorable stay.

Marlow Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Plenty of reviews here are rightly describing the hotel as pretty exceptional and, certainly by western standard, very good for money. However, I experienced a few minor quibbles, which although did not take away from my overall enjoyment, should probably be addressed... So, not in any order: 1. door to front room didn't shut completely so needs a bit of oiling or something as I came back to the room to find the door was still in fact open, 2. soap dispenser didn't seem to work - not sure if it was empty or malfunctioning, 3. and this is really minor, but i've stayed a few times in different rooms and somehow turning off the lights at night can be a daunting task as you work your way through the room to find the lights and 4. and this is slightly less pleasant but there were 4 or 5 drain flies hovering around the toilet bowl when i came back at night - no drama but a bit surprised to see it in a hotel of this standard.

would i stay again? of course... my comments are intended as feedback to the hotel more than anything else

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tony r
Dear khun tony r,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to know that your stay with us was wonderful and memorable, however, I deeply apologize that you had to face complications while your stay with us. Regarding the door, I would like to request you to provide us with the room no. which you were in during your stay with us; please feel free to e-mail me at H6835-GM2@sofitel.com, as we will report this to our So Tuck; our director of engineering to look into it and So Jeu; our housekeeping director to look into the working capability of the dispensers as well.

In addition, we have already informed the pest control about the occurrence of flies, they reported to us that due to rainy season the occurrence of flies and bugs all over Bangkok has increased immensely and we happened to be one of the victims of it. Nonetheless, as a 5-star hotel it is unacceptable, please accept my apologies and rest assured that the problems with insects will not occur again.

I thank you again for your kind concerns, and I am happy to know that even with the occurrence of some complications, you would still like to visit us. We hope that you will visit us soon and we will make sure that there will be no occurrence of any complications to your pleasant and memorable stay with us .

Have a great week.

Trondheim
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is so nice hotel, it is located near the Lumpini Park and some rooms thereby have a great view of the park. The hotel is nicely decorated and the staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms is very well equipt and the room I stayed in had a large bathtub that was big enough for me (1.85cm), good bathroom and shower. The bed was perfect and the entertainment system also. If I missed anything? Yes, TV in the bathroom! The lounge was very nice and they had one man working there that made me happy just by the way he was, I think his name was Annop.

This hotel is expensive, but you get a lot and if you compare too pricing in London/Paris etc. this is a bargain.

Hope I can stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank JimJumBKK
Dear khun KimS,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Beforehand, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such compliments from our valued guests.

I am delighted to know that your stay with us was wonderful and memorable, and elated that you loved our room decor and the installed systems inside. In addition, I thank you for your compliments about the view; I hope that you had the opportunity to see the view from the other side as well, which is marvelous nonetheless.

I am very happy to know that you were happy with the service of Mr. Annop; who like the view has received a huge amount of compliments. Although, he is not present at the current time, please rest assured that your compliments will be delivered to him, and I am quite sure that it will bring him joy and motivation to learn about it.

I thank you again for your kind compliments. We hope that you will visit us soon and we will always have a room awaiting for your arrival.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Really loved this hotel! Decor and style very cool, staff couldn't do enough to help, amenities terrific, room huge, bed ultra comfortable. In fact, I can't think of anything I didn't like! They are also making a great effort with interesting evening events such as cocktail parties, art exhibitions etc., which really create a great atmosphere in the hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank John_from_Kew
Dear khun John from Kew,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and am very pleased that you loved every inch of Sofitel So Bangkok. Your kind compliments have already been shared with our So Team during our everyday briefings and our So ambassadors were very happy to receive it. Regarding the events, we are in the process of creating more and more events every month, so we hope that you will visit us often and enjoy our wonderful events.

I thank you again for your kind compliments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again and provide you with a more pleasant and memorable stay.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very modern urban concept hotel.
The rooms are very cool and modern with a great view on the park below and on Bangkok skyline.
Amazing breakfest with a wide spectrum of dishes.
10th floor swimmim pool with a great view on the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shay O
Dear khun Shay O,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Initially, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us.

I am elated to know that you had a great and a wonderful stay with us. I highly appreciate your compliments about the design our hotel as well as our in-house facilities. I hope that you had the opportunity to try all our facilities and were satisfied with them as well.

I thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope that we will see you again and soon.

Have a great week.