“Best Hotel”
Review of SO Sofitel Bangkok

SO Sofitel Bangkok
Ranked #14 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Sofitel pool is a real delight! View on Bangkok skyline in a very stylish decorated pool area -- that is how swimming is in Sofitel after your excursions in the thrilling but also hot and polluted city.
Staff is extremely helpful, friendly, funny and nice. Top location for your stay in Bangkok. I am returning on my next trip to Bangkok!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

2 Thank Inge C
Yves M, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear khun Ayql28,

Sowasdee khrup from Sofitel So Bangkok.

In the beginning, I would like to thank you for your stay with us here at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time as to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and memorable, and that you found our So Pool to be a real delight. I thank you for your compliments about our So pool and our So ambassadors who provided you with the high quality of service Sofitel So Bangkok is well-known for.

I thank you again for sharing your kind compliments. I hope that you will visit us again and I assure you that your stay will be more pleasant and memorable than your previous stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We (me, my mother and sister) stayed for one night and wished we have stayed longer. We upgraded our room to club room. The staff at the hotel was professional, helpful and friendly. The breakfast at the club was fantastic and had several ala carte choices to choose from. We enjoyed our spa treatments and the therapists were skillful. We had 50% discount as the hotel was having a pool party and it was noisy at the spa. Thus, the spa was value for money. In fact, we enjoyed our treatment so much that we returned the next day before checking out. We had the metal room on the 16 floor facing Lumpini Park and the view was amazing. The only downside of staying at the hotel is that the nearest BTS station was 15-20 minutes walk away. However, taxis were plenty and the staff always note down the taxi number and your room in case something unexpected happen (for example, if you left your belongings in the taxi).

Room Tip: high floors; 1605 faces Lumpini Park
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ayql28
Dear khun Ayql28,

Sowasdee khrup from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and memorable, although quite short. I am elated with your compliments about our hotel, our So spa and our So ambassadors in their respected stations. I will be delivering your kind compliments about the So spa to So Arthur; our So Fit and Well Guru and ask him to share it with his spa team. I believe that your compliments will have a positive effect on their exceptional service that is being provided in our So Spa.

I agree that it takes about a while to reach the nearest BTS station, but we provide complimentary Tuk-Tuk shuttle service during the hours from 8 am till 4 pm, which takes the guests to the nearest BTS (sky train) station as well as the MRT (subway) station, in order to avoid any inconvenience for the guests to reach to their destination.

Riga
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We loved it so much! Amazing concept+design and super attentive service. The staff could not done more to make us feel comfotable throughout the stay. Concierge team (city gurus) organized us 3 days of tours, Vevian was so amazing - she managed to get us a non touristic tour in another city, at a wrong time for the tour, just like we wanted it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Yves M, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear khun Janis_kalninsh,

Sowasdee khrup from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Initially, I would like to thank you for your stay with us here at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time as to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and memorable. I am elated with your compliments about our hotel, our rooms and our So ambassadors in their stations especially the City Guru team. I will deliver your kind compliments to So Kratae for her amazing service as to provide you with the tour, and the team in the hope that it will serve as a motivator as to be consistent with their high quality of service.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, and one of our So Clubs was upgraded to So Studio. The view from our 2 rooms are amazing, especially the So Studio, very spacious and comfortable. The hotel staffs we met were so friendly and helpful. Thanks for taking care of us. At the pool party. I made a reservation for a table in advance; however, I don't know why my name was not on the list. Even though I got a table eventually, the staffs at the party even brought other people to share the table or let others sit on my table. Be sure to double confirm your reservation if you are gonna enjoy the party because it will be crowded. The view from the pool is amazing. Overall, the hotel is outstanding and we will definitely go back next time.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jai0117
Yves M, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Khun Jai0117

So-wasdee krub from Sofitel So Bangkok!

Thank you for such an excellent review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and our associates were friendly and helpful.

However, I am very sorry to hear about the table booked at the pool for the party. This was communicated to our Food & Beverage Manager, Mr. Gregory and the team to pay extra attention with booking lists to prevent such an incident in the future.
However, since the pool party has received such a great feedback and popularity, number of people has been increasing in each month and every available spaces are needed :-)

Once again, I thank you for taking the time to share the feedback here and that you will come back to visit us, which is a wonderful news!

Please do not stay away too long as we love to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and seeing you as our regular guest!

Wishing you a lovely week ahead!

So Kind Regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I needed a weekend getaway and this place came highly recommended. So off I went.
I did the club floor and made sure to say I wanted a park view. Everything here was excellent, from the moment I arrived.
The people downstairs usher me to the 25th floor club level check in, where they seated me, brought me my "magic" welcome drink, and told me all about the club amenities as well as the hotel. it was excellent. Then somebody brought me to my room - a corner room on the 14th floor. Overall it was beautiful. I can't remember the "element" - every few floors is grouped into an "element" with design cues to match. That said, I liked my room. It was huge. The white tile flooring threw me off at first, but I learned to like it. the couch was cozy and comfortable. The bed was marvelous - huge and firm, just the way I like it. With a great duvet. awesome. the bathroom was totally constructed of white marble and I simply loved the enormous walk in rain shower. Divine.
Most of the drapery in the room - the curtains over the windows and then the curtain separating the sheer glass wall of the bathroom from the living space - were controlled by button push. Which was great. However, there was a large window in bathroom with a great view from the bath tub. It wasn't immediately apparent how to close the blinds over it (I couldn't find the right button, seemingly), so I left it open overnight. Light poured into the bathroom and then into my room. The next morning I noticed there was a small cord next to the window that would have closed it, but this wasn't explained nor was it 100% easy to notice when everything else is closed by a button.
I had room service - some great soup and pad thai and it liked it. It came quickly and was hot.
The toiletries on offer are very nice. I particularly liked the lemongrass scented shampoo. Divine. One thing, though. I know it's environmentally conscious, but I do not like not having individual shampoo/ conditioner/ soaps. Instead, they had pumps in the shower for all of this. Though a nice idea, repeated access to falling water means that these items get diluted. Would re-think.
I did enjoy the breakfast. As a club person, i could order a la carte from the club menu on 25 or go to the buffet on 7. I went to the buffet. Overall the selection was enormous, the cooked- to order eggs delicious, and the freshly-squeezed juices very nice.
I spent one morning at the pool and enjoyed it. The view was great. One thing - the last Saturday of every month they have a BIG pool party at the pool from 1-9. it's crazy and not relaxing. Thankfully, they arrange for those who aren't interested in the pool party but who want a pool to go to another nearby luxury hotel. and they drive you to and from. Thoughtful.
I had a massage in the spa on the 11th floor and it was just what I needed. Great strength, and I left feeling totally refreshed.
Despite some of the things I've nitpicked on, i really liked this hotel and would absolutely return. It's luxurious but also trendy. But not so trendy that it becomes annoying (except for the pool party, but they recover gracefully from that). I'd go back.

Room Tip: i prefer the park view, so I got 1401. Huge room, very comfortable. I'd recommend.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank jasoncrh
Dear khun jasoncrh,

Sowasdee khrup from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and memorable from the start till the finish. I thank you for your compliments about our hotel, the rooms, the Spa, the food outlets at both Club Signature and Red Oven, and the service provided to you by our So ambassadors in their respected stations.

I apologize if there was any inconvenience caused to you by our Pool Party but am glad that you appreciated our practice of providing our valued guests with a substitute pool for the day to use as we know that the pool party may not be in according to everyone’s taste.