“Lunch Meeting”

Ranked #13 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Lunch Meeting”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have been to this hotel many times for dinner and also lunch because my company always booked for monthly meeting here, the great service from all staff at Red oven the nice parking more space for the car and meeting room no wonder why we always come back here.

1 Thank KA N
Yves M, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear khun KA N,

So-wasdee khrub from Sofitel So Bangkok.

To begin with, I would like to thank you and your company for your fidelity at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time as to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am delighted to learn that even after your first visit at Sofitel So Bangkok, you and your company keep coming back to have a pleasant and memorable moment. I am also elated with your compliments about our So Ambassador’s service provided to you and your colleagues at Red Oven as-well as your satisfaction about our facilities such as the car park and our meeting room.

I thank you again for sharing your kind compliments. I hope that next time you can also enjoy one of our various accommodations and I assure you that your stay will be more pleasant and memorable.

Yves Mudry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 15 August 2014

You feel so welcomed the moment you step into the hotel lobby. Staff was helpful in directing to the check-in level. The difference between this hotel's check-in process and others is that you are seated down comfortably, served with a nice glass of welcome drink, and the front desk staff checks you in at your couch instead of you standing at the front desk. Superb! Room is comfortable, nicely decorated. Love the big bathtub. However, room service food was a let down. I would give that a miss. Otherwise, a great stay.

1 Thank iamjeremy78
Dear khun iamjeremy78,

Sowasdee krub from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your stay with us here at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time as to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am delighted to read that you felt welcomed since the moment you walked in the lobby and that your stay was pleasant and memorable. I am also elated to learn that you enjoyed our accommodation with its design created by a reputable Thai Architect and five Thai interior designers, linked to French elegance by Monsieur Christian Lacroix.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore it is very important for us to acknowledge all issues and rectify them appropriately. I will be highly grateful if you could contact (H6835-GM2@sofitel.com) our Director of Guest's Experience, Khun Akira in order to obtain more information on what really happen with the room service.

I thank you again for sharing your experience. I hope that you will visit us again and I assure you that your stay with us will be more pleasant and memorable.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here recently and as a seasonal traveller with experiences in 47 different counties and a Platinum member of the Accor loyalty program I really enjoyed the experience.
All is "So" nicely done and the restaurant on the roof is amazing.
My only constructive comment is that the DJ should play longer hours.

Room Tip: Four different element to choose from, I stayed on the "Fire" one
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guestnumber007
Yves M, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear khun BCola007,

So-wasdee krub from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Initially, I would like to thank you for your stay with us here at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time as to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and memorable, and that you received the appropriate experience of Sofitel So Bangkok that you deserved. I am more than pleased that you found our Park Society restaurant as-well as the roof-top bar astonishing. I will deliver your kind compliments to the Park Society department.

Following that, I thank you for your constructive feedback about our DJ. We will be discussing the amount of hours in our next meeting.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nice room. But poor service, staff could not solve any problems. Bad communication between staffs and no responsible for their words.
Not enough restaurant for guests. The room is not ready when checked-in no towels in bathrooms, no coffee tea for deluxe type. The traffic around this hotel is very bad.
I will not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Tommiewiri
Yves M, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Khun Tommiewiri

So-wasdee khrub from Sofitel So Bangkok!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I read with concern and very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation.
It is very important for us to acknowledge all issues and rectify them appropriately, so I will be highly grateful if you would allow us to contact you directly to obtain further details about what really happened.
I have shared your feedback to our Director of Guest's Experience, Khun Akira and concerned teams to follow up, however, without further information, we won't be able to identify the issues coorectly.

Please kindly drop a quick email to H6835-GM2@sofitel.com and we will contact you back shortly.

We truly hope you would give us the opprtunity to acknowledge the problems and rectify them in order to prevent reoccurence in the future. And most importantly, we hope you would allow us to welcome you back to better serve you with a more usual and high typical standards that we are proud of.

So Kind Regards

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 8 August 2014

So Sofitel is such a great hotel. Everything is done to make you feel comfortable from the welcome desk to the pool service. Rooms are great and you can change rooms to try the different environments (wood, metal, water) on different floors. The pool is nice but a bit too small to welcome the number of people who stays at the hotel. And it is not always sunny.
Thumbs up for Laila who has given us excellent support and advice to organise our days and evenings in Bangkok. Very dedicated and professional with always a nice and sweet smile ton her face.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jfdogon
Yves M, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear khun jfdogon,

Sowasdee krub from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I would like to start by thanking you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the precious time as to provide your experience during your stay with us. It is always a pleasure as to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am happy to learn that you were comfortably blown away with the experience at the hotel from the welcome desk to our pool service. I highly appreciate your compliments about our rooms and that you agree as-well with our different element concept that is unique to the Sofitel So Bangkok. However, I do apologize for any inconvenience encounter during your time by the So pool. I hope you were still able to enjoy it.

Following that, I am also delighted with your compliments about the service provided by our So ambassador; Laila. I will be delivering your compliments to her about her impeccable service and I am sure she will carry on her smile.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed in So Cosy Room (Water Element). They provided complimentary extra bed for my children. This hotel is a beautiful modern concept hotel. The room TV is connected to the Mac Mini. So you can browsing the internet and watching TV. I love the complimentary in-room private bar. Also got voucher for ordering welcome drink@ MIXO BAR. The swimming pool is not big but facing the Lumphini Park. And there is also a small whirlpool.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hery S
Dear khun Hery S,

Sowasdee khrub from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and memorable, and that our teams at Sofitel So Bangkok were able to assist you in your every turn. I highly appreciate your compliments about our hotel and its modern/sustainable development concept that is unique to the Sofitel So Bangkok. I am also glad to know that you have experienced our feature complimentary Apple Mac Mini's as-well as the in-room private bar.

Following that, I hope the size of our swimming pool didn’t stop you to enjoy a relaxing afternoon overlooking the beautiful Lumphini Park. Our Water Club area includes a 32 meters infinity swimming pool which tunes are piped in directly for a watery soundtrack, while at night; the underwater LED lights create an ever-changing shade of vibrant color.