“VERY GOOD HOTEL!”

Ranked #86 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“VERY GOOD HOTEL!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in December 2013. This is a very good hotel for a good price. You get what you see!

1. The location is perfect. Right above shopping mall Terminal 21 and directly connected to BTS station Asok (BOTH WITH PRIVATE ENTRANCE :)).
2. Very helpful and polite staff.
3. Large stylish rooms.
4. Clean rooms (bathroom has some of the usual "smudges" here and there, but still a lot cleaner than most hotels i've been to).
5. Very nice rooftop swimming pool with a view, towels available, sun beds, service at the pool.
6. Good choice in breakfast.
7. Large bed (a bit hard though).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GCPTerminal21, Manager at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear our valued guest,

We would like to express our sincere appreciation for your stay. Your support for choosing to stay with us and comment received is truly valuable for us.
We appreciated you comment and kind support of which we strive hard to work and to improve service quality per your suggestion. We thank you very much again for your time sharing the comment and compliment to the hotel service.
Despite that we hope that your experience was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.
Wishing you a very happy new year 2014!!

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed at Deluxe Room (Premium) 2618 from 22 to 25 2013 for X'mas. Supposed to stay in the new Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit and W Hotel Bangkok, each for 3 nights, from 22 to 28 Dec. I changed my mind at last minute and shortened the trip because of the protest recently in Bangkok. I thought even it's not safe to go everywhere, I could go somewhere by the direct access from this hotel to Terminal 21 and BTS Asoke station, and spend time in the recreation facilities of this hotel.

I was very wrong. I wished I didn't stay at this hotel. The experience destroyed my whole holiday mood. Poor service from some of the staffs and the ridiculous hotel policies drove me up to wall!

After shopping for the whole afternoon on the second day and the night before, I wanted to use the sauna, steam and jacuzzi to relax my sore legs and painful shoulder. However, the staff at the fitness center reception refused to provided me bottled water. He refused bluntly and explained it could only be provided for guest using the gym. So ridiculous and seemed so cheap! I asked just for only one bottle, and it's easy to get dehydration while using sauna, steam and jacuzzi. It would not upset me at all if they didn't provide it for all guests.

On the third day sunny morning, the whole pool deck area were full of guests and all sun loungers were occupied, but no staff attended at the poolside. I was thirsty and would like to have a cool poolside drink. I had to walked to the fitness center reception to ask for the beverage menu. Then, I went back and kept waiting at my lounger. No menu was delivered even after I had listened at least 3 pop songs in my iPhone. After the "one bottled water" unpleasant incident a day ago, I was totally not impressed with the long wait.

I had to walk to the reception again reminding them of the menu. After a further few minutes wait, a staff from the restaurant showed up but without any menu. I was angry because after all the walking and waiting, still no menu. But that was not all, the worst had not yet to come.

The drink arrived in 3 minutes. I remarked and expressed my displeasure on the bill and I did not mean to expect anything from the hotel. A supervisor approached me 10 minutes later and asked me what had happened. I thought he should have asked his staff first rather than asking an angry guest. I replied him it's because of the waiting. He did not apologize immediately instead he seemed defensive and said they tried to deliver the menu but just not sure which guest was asking for it. I was right there waiting with anticipation! I was totally upset by his defensiveness and stormed off. Later, I found that after my incident , they started to place a staff at the pool bar and started serving guests. I hope there was no racist influence in their service standard.

However, there were 2 impressive and commendable staffs. One was the security guard on duty at the hotel entrance connected to the BTS station. He greeted every guests and I with smile all the time. Another one was the customer service wearing Thai costume. She warmly reminded me not to leave any valuable in the room when I checked out.

This hotel has perfect location, good recreation facilities and comfortable guest room. I believe it could become one of the best hotels in Bangkok if the service standard could be improved. I will travel to Bangkok again in Feb 2014. Should I give this hotel a second chance?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SpaAddictor
GCPTerminal21, Manager at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear our valued guest,

We thank you for your time sharing the comment and we appreciate your choosing to stay with us.
According to the incident at the pool and fitness counter, we sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. We had informed to all concern to investigate and improve the service standard.
We are actively improving our service and each of the guest's comment is always useful for us. We thank you very much again.
We never hope to hear your unexpected and below standard service experience. We again deeply apologize.
If there is further inquiry or comment, we would love to hear. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at terminal21@centrepoint.com.

Yours Sincerely,
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights during my recent BKK trip and it was definitely a good one.

Location: You can access to the NTS Station (Asok) from the hotel. Just take the escalator from the lobby and a few steps, there you are! And right beside it was the big shopping centre Terminal 21. Make things super convenient for you.

Facilities: we didn't try much of the facilities... swimming pool was small but nice view. They have spa, gym, children's playroom... basically everything you need. Wifi signal was good in the room too. We stayed at the 29th flr. Beds were clean and comfortable. Bathroom is big with shower and bathtub. i think we stayed in a grand deluxe.

Breakfast: we can choose to have breakfast at 2 cafes in the hotel. Both basically served the same range of food, western and chinese. Breakfast was not so bad. We quite enjoyed it!

The staff were all very nice and polite and greeted us every time we met. It was a nice gesture!

Definitely recommend the stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear our valued guest,

We thank you very much for kind support and choosing to stay with us. It is also our pleasure to serve you. We truely appreciate your kind comment and wish to welcome and serve you again in the near future.

For this holiday season, we wish you all the best.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Service is good and helpful, nice room n location is excellent.
Nearly the BTS n MRT station. Highly recommend n I will stay this hotel again for my next BKK trip :-)

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you very much from our entire team, it has been truely our pleasuer to serve you.
Your compliment towards our staff has been so grateful. We really appreciate.

For this greeting season, we wish you a very happy holiday.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

It's extremely convenient to stay at this hotel as the hotel is linked to the Asoke BTS station and next to it is the Terminal 21 shopping mall. I travel everywhere by train instead of tuk tuk and it is so much less traffic this way. The hotel is very clean and I really like the view we get from our room that faces the city and the pool. The infinity pool facing the shopping mall with a giant screen was quite an experience. It seems to combine the best of both world. A peaceful quiet swim with entertainment. The breakfast spread is an Asian's dream. Great variety with lotsa food. Eat in moderation yeah! I have booked my next trip next year.

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing the city and the infinity pool
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind feedback and comment. We are in the center of the business area, connected with the shopping mall and in conjunction with the public transportation, BTS and MRT. That makes your trip more convenience. Wewould love to hear your visit us again in the near future.

Have a very happy holiday!

Prawi Vi
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Everything remains the same even after it was filled with demonstrators not too long ago.Excellent staff,excellent breakfast on F floor excellent gym,pool,shopping experience next door to Terminal 21,still one tooth brush and have to ask for second one-which is promptly delivered and minus great brand name amenities which are replaced by hotel brand-no problem-hard times and saving unnecessary things good.Does not compromise on service which is beyond being good-excellent.Very clean.

Room Tip: take corner suite and enjoy-big bedroom and big sitting room.get food from terminal 21 and relax wit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GCPTerminal21, Manager at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Mr. Anthony,

We appreciated your choosing to stay with us and thank you very much for kind comment.
It is truely our pleasure to hear your revisit us again.
We are actively go towards and excellence service. If there is any feedback from our valued guest, we love to hear to improve.
Once again thank you very much.
On this special occasion, we wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Blessed you.

Resident Manager.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

An Amazing hotel in the perfect location its the 2nd time i've stayed there and would easily go back a third time! I really couldnt of asked for more this hotel. It was perfectly situated for easy access to BTS which basically gets you everywhere you need to go! Food choices around hotel are brilliant and must be sampled.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple