“Great place to stay”

Link Corner Hostel Bangkok
Ranked #54 of 1,344 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Really love this place. I had a great stay here, it was my another beautiful experience. I met many nice people here and enjoyed Bangkok fully thanks to that. The staffs were the kind of staffs you'd like to have any hotel/hostel, simple awesome. My room was really clean and comfortable, almost like home. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hello Hanwilly
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay ! We are doing our best to keep it up and improve our Hostel the best we can. We hope to see you soon here, let us know if you come visit again !

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is my second time staying at Link Corner Hostel. I first arrived here few months ago and then come back again at the end of my trip.
Date back to my first visit, I checked in at Link Corner around 9 am and Ms.Mony the receptionist informed me that my room would be available after 2 pm however I can take a rest at the living room on the upper floor or even use a restroom. Such a great news after a long long flight, I took a shower and slept on the day bed. After woke up, my room was ready, second good news of the day. I stayed in a mixed dormitory on the 4th floor, a bit long walk but my room was nice. The bed was firm and comfortable, the locker was big enough to store my day pack and labtop. I had my own inlet and it was universal, no need to use my adapter. Not much decoration in the share bathroom but it was very clean and functional.
On my second visit, I checked in around midnight with no reservation, fortunately there was still a bed for me.
I'm highly recommend Link Corner to any traveler who plan to visit Bangkok. This place is awesome!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Hello Jack,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay !
We hope to see you soon here, let us know if you come visit again !

Reviewed 3 August 2013

A hostel with no atmosphere, the staff spend most of their time eating at the desk. Some of them barely speak English, which makes it difficult to ask for information.

The single room consist of a very small bed and a low table. No decoration, only dirty white walls.

The showers were disgusting and the bins in the toilet always full. I never saw anyone cleaning these premises in 3 days.

For 12 euro, you can get much much better in Bangkok!

I would recommend this place only if you have to stay for one night near the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
LinkCornerHostel, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We understand the issues you must have experienced. Yet, we would like to let you know that we have made an important effort on improving our cleaning staff's English, by giving them English classes on daily basis. Staffs at the front desk are fluent in English and are always available to respond to any request even when they are feeding themselves. In addition to that, we've made a considerable effort on improving our private room's facilities but we are still mainly focused on dorms (which have bed plugs, lights, personal locker, free wifi and are cleaned every day) and have one of the lowest price on the market. Our cleaning staff cleans the toilets while customers are usually out, so they do not disturb them during their stay, we have set up a very tight schedule to clean up the toilets very frequently. It although might happen, due to the frequent use of these, that they happen not to be entirely clean. We are sorry you've experience that and will make even more efforts in keeping them clean.
Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience, and hope to show you our improvements if you happen to come by once again.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Location is perfect for me who come mostly for shopping in Pratunam area. Delicious food sellers are nearby, 7-11 is just across the road. A bigger supermarket is just a few steps to the left. If need to take a taxi, just hail one in front of the hostel - very convenient.

Staff are really helpful. Booked for 7 nights. Got an upper bed for the first night, then they moved me on 2nd night as soon as lower bed was available. When I left the room for 3 nights for Chiang Mai (I still pay for the bed as I need to use the in-room locker to keep the laptop), they moved my things to an upper bed so another guest can use the lower bed. Smart and considerate arrangement.

This is a very sociable hostel. I met some great new friends here, even had some trips together with these new friends!

Wifi worked great inside my dorm in 2nd floor.

Shared bathroom were clean, until a few Chinese girls took shower together and made flood, even locked the main door. This is not hostel's fault - just my unlucky day taking shower after them on 1 night.

Overall, I really glad finding this hostel and stayed there. Highly recommended! I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lucy_backpackgal82
LinkCornerHostel, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Hello there,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We were thrilled of having you among us during your stay. We are very glad you enjoyed it as much as we did. Let us know when you are planning another trip around here, it would be a pleasure for us to be your hosts one more time !

All the best,

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Me and my Girlfriend were supposed to be meeting my mother and family in Bangkok 8 hours after we anded, it wasn't until we were stopping of in Kuwait did we realise that they weren't meeting us till the next day, so fortunately a quick call home and my Family had booked us in a hostel for the night, allowing us to explore a little and grab so shut eye to try and get over the Jetlag.

We were slightly sceptical, as we weren't sure about staying in a Hostel, but we got a taxi from the airport, he called the hostel to find out where it is for us, which meant that we were dropped outside the Hostel.

The Room was a double room, bed was really comfortable and HAD AIRCON, it was like sleeping in a fridge, Brilliant. The lady on the desk was great at giving useful advise, such as how much Taxis should cost, where was good to eat, and the best way to get to and from A to B, and ensured us that it was much cheaper to get a Train from the hostel opposed to a Taxi.

My only Gripe and they are very little, is that The Wi-Fi didn't work to great tin the Room, it was fine in the lobby, but it struggled to reach three floors, and the Network they had set up to go to the third floor didn't seem to work on any of our devices. We also had to Share a shower and toilet with a floor of people this isn't a massive deal and is something that you would expect from a Hostel. The only real problem with this is that two Sink basins were right next to our bedroom door, so we were woken up by people brushing there teeth at 4AM. Again a small price to pay if you ask me.

The room does face on to a really horrible wooden building that looks like the wind will knock it over. The room also faced directly onto a busy road and Bangkok really is a City that never sleeps, this is more down to the fact your in in Bangkok, if your looking for a quieter place then your in the wrong place, maybe try not going to a Major City.

All in all, this was a really great find, it was great value for money and saved us in our time of need. I would recommend it if your looking for a cheap room to stay in, either with a group of mates or you and a partner, and its even better if your backpacking, and want to meet some other people in similar situations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks a lot for your enthusiastic feedback. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Concerning the Wifi signal on the 3rd floor, we now fix it and our maintenance crew is monitoring more often to make sure that this problem not to happen again. Thank you very much for letting us know about that. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

i like what i saw on link corner. the picture-reviews were indeed true. the place is sparkingly clean. it is cheap(value for money). the hostel is conveniently located, 2-min walking distance from ratchaprarop arl station and 10-min walk from pratunam market. it is also near 7-11.

lobby and lounge area are spacious for hanging out.. they have a mini kitchen where you can prepare your own food. shoe racks are available(you have to wear their slippers or go barefoot while inside the hostel). storage area are also provided for the big backpacks/trolleys). they also have a laundry area @ B40 at the 3rd flr.

the room is small(4-bed dorm with ensuite bath) but the beds are big and comfy. there are lockers too for the small bags/day packs(bring locks with you though). the shared shower area/toilet are clean with hair dryer. ensuite bath room is spacious with hanging rack. the showerhead would have been convenient if it has a holder(rm 4b).

staff are attentive though they failed to clean our room upon request last jul16. they also provided taxi directions in thai and english at the stair landing area. ms monique went out of her way printing us the direction for terminal 21 in thai; which was unexpected:>

i highly recommend this place and would even stay here when i get back soonest:>

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Cheeepat,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay !
We truly apology that our maid failed to clean your room. We are doing our best to keep it up and improve our Hostel the best we can. We hope to see you soon here, let us know if you come visit again !

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Can't find another hostel like Link Corner!
The decoration is very homy, clean enough (but you should clean the toilet more often). Strategic location and also have lovely staffs Lalita, etc (don't really know the others name but they are very friendly).
Kòp kun Link Corner, I will come back:p

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Hi Adetenyom,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Concerning the toilets, our staff now cleans them more frequently for this matter not to happen again. Thank you very much for letting us know about that. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

All the best,