“Good hotel”

Ranked #452 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Toronto, Canada
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We haven't spent much time in this hotel but our stay was great. Checked in fast and bellhops helped us out. Room was kinda small but very well equipped with large flat screen tv and modern-style decoration. It was fairly close to the main street though you may still need a taxi to get around (not a problem in Bangkok)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
SKYY Hotel S, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Florent G.,

Warmest Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

On behalf of all my staff, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor and we are most grateful that you had a wonderful stay with us. We take pride of our friendly and helpful staff who are always on hand to assist every guest.

Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 1. We are very close to the Bumrungrad International Hospital , Shopping Centers, Skytrain stations, and restaurants.

On your next visit to Bangkok, we do hope to welcome you back to our SKYY Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Best regards,
E-mail: gm@skyyhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have stayed at Skyy Hotel three times, each time because I had to go to Bumrungrad hospital which is only a 3 or 4 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms are reasonably priced, the beds are comfortable and they have internet connections. There is a small restaurant in the lobby, the food is good and it is also very reasonable. Everyone at the hotel has been helpful and responsive; one visit, when I had internet connection problems, a technician fixed it quickly. I have used the laundry/cleaning service for longer stays and it is fast and, once again, inexpensive. During my last stay, the street in front of the hotel turned into a small river because of a downpour. However, if I have to go to Bumrungrad again, I'll definitely stay at Skyy. And I'll use hotel transport from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear BerniceB44,

Good Day!

Warmest Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok! The Sky is the Limit!

We highly appreciate you taking time to send your feedback through TripAdvisor about your most recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the team who will surely be delighted to know that they have another satisfied guest on their list. We are truly happy to know that our products and services met your expectation and quality standards.

We certainly hope that your future plans to Thailand will include SKYY Hotel & Residence, Bangkok and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed for 6 nights. I booked online from the "so called hotel" website. Their website has been well designed and easy to use but that was the end of it, since payment has already been guaranteed. Problems started from check in till check out.
1- Noisy floors day and nite with room doors banging and people chatting just ouside my door at odd hours.
2- Non-smoking hotel with a $200 fine if they decide that ur rooms smells of smoke. I am a non smoker. Besides, the actual no smoking sign made of plastic costs around B100 to replace if found missing.
3- All rooms are way too small in size to move around safely. The balcony door MUST be kept shut just to keep the AC running inside the room.
4- The free welcome drink is nothing but sweet coloured liquid that is not mentioned on the coupon except for saying alcohol free drink.
5- Security is lax. I agree with the poster who suffered the humilation of being wrongly accused. In his case, the hotel or better motel should have compensated him on the spot.
6- The housekeeping hours end at 4 pm after which you got to re-use the lovely bed sheets.
7- The buffet breakfast is COLD every single day.
8- The listed TV channels are only 60% available with NOT a SINGLE English speaking news channel. When complained on the first 3 days, all I got were clue less smiles from all staff.
9- The management are no where to be seen.
10- The only person in control seems to be the Asian non-thai lady at reception (but Thai / English speaking ) who does not seem to have attended any serious guest service training. I agreed on a 2 pm check out but at 1 pm she call and asks me to hurry up.
11- The only plus points were the actual value and location full stop.
It was my first stay here and would surely be the last one. Bangkok has so much to offer and this experience is a lesson of many to come.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Hasan A
Dear Hasan A.,

Warmest Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

Thank you for sharing your comments through TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. We would like to assure you that we will personally addressed this issue with the staff concerned and avoid a recurrence of this situation. I have taken the matter up with the respective department concerned.

Please accept our apologies if there were certain things that were not to your liking. A plan to further improve the hotel facilities and service is on the way to meet the changing needs of our clients. Please do give us another chance to be of service to you and I will personally handle the arrangements you require.

We hope to be able to welcome you again and have another opportunity to serve your better.

E-mail: gm@skyyhotel.com

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at Skyy for an outpatient medical procedure and follow up at Bumrungrad hospital. The Hotel was recommended by and accomodation organised by Bumrungrad. It is only three minutes walk from the hotel to the treatment department in Bumrungrad. I stayed for 6 nights.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful, the room was tidy, clean and pleasant. I had to arrange receipt of a conference call while staying and the staff were especially attentive to assist. The price is very reasonable.

I was not very mobile, and also working from my room and I found the environment fine with OK internet included. Being not so mobile I used the restaurant which is nice and again staff pleasant and helpful. The food is generally good but could be a little more varied, though it is only a small hotel so a huge menu is not reasonable to expect, and I was also given a discount card as I was eating regularly in the restaurant.

I had checked the hotel on the internet before selecting this from the Bumrungrad list and noted some guests had concerns. I can honestly say I had no concerns and will stay there next visit to Bumrungrad with my wife.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
SKYY Hotel S, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear Chris N,

Good Day!

Warm greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok! The Sky is the Limit!

Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 1. We are very close to the Bumramgrad International Hospital , Shopping Centers, Skytrain stations, and restaurants.

Newcastle, Washington
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I must disagree with the previous poster, again, a reader must go and "sift" through reviews to see if it was anger driven by something - which was probably lack of communication skills.

as of this morning, i had to use the key to go up to my room. no lax of security there. when I arrived at 1am, a nice security guard escorted me to my room (and it wasnt no thug, a person hotel staff knew and was conversing with as i was checking in) . they made me feel safe ans secure.

as someone who is familiar with the lady boys, sex trade , whatnot- only found three... and they were very far away....

oh and the security... there seemed to always be two men connected to the hotel down stairs just hanging out, being VERY helpful.

mind you as a single lady i felt very, very safe here. people are polite.

if one did bother to read the hotel policy, this hotel is strict on times checking in and out and cost extra for any deviation. In Japan, this is normal. I have paid 2000 more yen to stay longer or later numerous times. However inthe US, some hotels do offer free early check in. perhaps the previous poster needs to keep an open mind that some hotels do not utilize western ways of doing business...One needs to keep in mind you are in a foreign country and subjected to their ways of business. Look around, there are hotels that do charge by the hour there, and its not just for the sex trade. those are called business hotels.

the decor was fun. actually, it was quite similar to the Beijing marriot Ive stayed at (but, keep in mind, the room is not as if you are at the marriot) but small scale.
it was quite adequite for what it was and very clean and fun! i loved my balcony. not a rip off!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear 333angelique333,

Good day!

Warm greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok! The Sky is the Limit!

Thank you for your positive comments from your most recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and wish to thank you for your gracious comments about our hotel services and facilities particularly in regards to our staffs and security as well as our hotel safety as your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced during your stay with us.

Again, thank you for your understanding and positive commented.

My team and me, look forward to welcome you back to SKYY Hotel very soon.

Koh Phangan
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family in April. We chose it because of it's proximity to Bumrungrad Hospital. We arrived off a 9 hour flight at 8am. The staff told us that if we want a room straight away we would have to pay an extra 2000 baht. I objected to this amount, and they readily agreed to accept 500 baht for an early check-in. Now let me make this completely clear. I have managed hotels and resorts worldwide for the last 30 years... I know this business. It is exceptionally poor-will to not offer an early check-in to a family who has been travelling for 9 hours. (Had we wanted a guaranteed check-in at 8am the situation is different and we would be required to take the room from the night before), but if the hotel has a room available, it is always usual best practice to make that room available to the customer, without the typical cheap Bangkok rip-off. This is the first instance of poor management. It belittles the hotel, and makes them look opportunistic and greedy, destroying any good will along the way. The normal practice would be to say something like..."well, it's your lucky day, the room is already available and you go go straight in!" handshakes and pats on the back all round... But not here. The second more remarkable event occurred later that night, when we had been out to dinner. i left my wife and niece in the restaurant, and walked home early with my 11 year old son. We had been travelling all night, and seeing doctors all day, so by 9pm (midnight Australian time) we were all very tired. I was walking to the hotel with my son, and you get in to this hotel by a single small lift in what is basically a carpark under the hotel. There is no security, and no key card protection in the lift, so anyone can simply walk in off the street... and that's what happened. My son and I got into the lift, and were followed by another westerner who was pretending to stay at the hotel. He followed us to our floor and got out at the same time. I thought nothing of it, and went to our room. Moments later there was banging on the door, and this guy, and about 4 or 5 hotel staff were asking "Did you just come in to this room with a young Thai boy/!" What happened next does not matter suffice to say that I resolved the issue instantly. When we checked in, all 3 passports were shown to the front office staff, and there were no secrets that we were a family... why this fool could be allowed access to any floor on this hotel, and how the staff/management could be so stupid as to not check the registration details is astounding. Who ever owns this hotel needs to have a serious look at the way it is run. I would have no hesitation in firing all and sundry. And finally, it has those hooker style bathrooms with the big window in the shower... just like in Amsterdam... classy. Oh and the used johnny wrapper in the corner.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Phangan_Rainbow
Dear Phangan_Rainbow,

Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok! The Sky is the Limit!

Please accept our apologies if there were certain things that were not to your liking and do give us another chance to be of service to you and I will personally handle the arrangements you require.

Hilo, HI
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We spent a week at the Skyy while visiting Bumrungrad Hospital for a medical procedure. It was clean and the bed was comfy. However, the only hot shower we had was when we awoke at 3 am. Weird, hot water in the sink but none in the shower. Small room, hotel restaurant just OK. We got a massage which was OK and visited the hotel beauty shop on street level. The manicure was good but the nail polish was not - it was soft until the next day and got all messed up. Make sure you ask for new nail polish.
We moved to a hotel on the riverside and are much happier there for similar price.

Room Tip: If you need a place to stay after medical procedure, it is clean and quiet.