“Fabulous Hotel, Fabulous Staff”
Review of Skyy Hotel

Skyy Hotel
Ranked #453 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Fabulous Hotel, Fabulous Staff”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have stayed at Skyy Hotel on several occasions over the last few months and this would undoubtedly be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The rooms are a great size, comfortable, light and airy. The staff have been wonderful; I find them to be extremely efficient, helpful and friendly and the food is delicious. Absolutely Fabulous!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are along the front of the building and rooms are still quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
SKYY Hotel S, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Christine W.,

Good day!

Warmest Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

We highly appreciate you taking time to send your feedback through TripAdvisor about your most recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the team who will surely be delighted to know that they have another satisfied guest on their list. We are truly happy to know that our products and services met your expectation and quality standards.

Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 1. We are very close to the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Shopping Centers, Skytrain Stations, and restaurants.

On your next visit to Bangkok we hope to welcome you back to SKYY Hotel, Bangkok!

Thank you for your support us.

Best regards,
E-mail: gm@skyyhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed there on the above mentioned dates.

House keeping wasn't up to date. After house keeping, dirty towels were left on the floor, uncleared. Used shower gel bottles and caps were left in the shower area. Towels and tissue were not replaced.

Staff weren't very helpful. Requested for late check-out (1 pm) but wasn't entertained. Staff did not understand what we were requesting for.

Food spread was limited. Out of the 4 days we had breakfast, 3 days were the same spread.

Location of the hotel was a little far from the BTS station. Had to cross 2 roads illegally. About 15 minutes walk to the BTS station.

However, bell service was very good. Efficient and friendly.
The beds and comforters were also of good quality.

Not recommended for fussy guests.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RachelChiam
SKYY Hotel S, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear RachelChiam,

Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team!

Thank you for sharing your comments through TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. We would like to assure you that we will personally addressed this issue with the staff concerned and avoid a recurrence of this situation. I have taken the matter up with the respective department concerned.

Please accept our apologies if there were certain things that were not to your liking. A plan to further improve the hotel facilities and service is on the way to meet the changing needs of our clients. Please do give us another chance to be of service to you and I will personally handle the arrangements you require.

We hope to be able to welcome you again and have another opportunity to serve your better.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in July '13 and was very happy with everything the Skyy Hotel had to offer. The room was well apponted with the best lighting choices I have seen. The restaurant offers very nice food at very cheap prices. All the staff were helpful and friendly. Loved my stay

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
SKYY Hotel S, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear orourke12,

Good day!

Warm Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments through TripAdvisor about your most recent stay with us. My team and I are all happy that you had a wonderful stay. They will be happy to know about your feedback.

Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 1. We are very close to the Bumramgrad International Hospital ,shopping centers, skytrain stations, and restaurants.

On your next visit to Bangkok, we do hope to welcome you back to our SKYY Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your support.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this lovely hotel following a few weeks roughing it in India and as soon as I entered I felt like I was in heaven.
Fantastic staff and service provided, beautiful rooms with super comfortable beds and pillows, big tv, balcony, gorgeous shower, great food from the restaurant.
The staff are very friendly and are willing to help at all hours, including security staff making sure that I get into taxis safely and that the drivers use the meter.
Next time I'm in Bangkok I won't hesitate to stay here again.
Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Kymlee86,

Good Day!

Warm Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

We hope to welcome you back to SKYY Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok and we wish to be of service to you again next time.

Have a nice holidays and thank you for your support.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We haven't spent much time in this hotel but our stay was great. Checked in fast and bellhops helped us out. Room was kinda small but very well equipped with large flat screen tv and modern-style decoration. It was fairly close to the main street though you may still need a taxi to get around (not a problem in Bangkok)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
SKYY Hotel S, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Florent G.,

Warmest Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

On behalf of all my staff, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor and we are most grateful that you had a wonderful stay with us. We take pride of our friendly and helpful staff who are always on hand to assist every guest.

Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 1. We are very close to the Bumrungrad International Hospital , Shopping Centers, Skytrain stations, and restaurants.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Best regards,
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have stayed at Skyy Hotel three times, each time because I had to go to Bumrungrad hospital which is only a 3 or 4 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms are reasonably priced, the beds are comfortable and they have internet connections. There is a small restaurant in the lobby, the food is good and it is also very reasonable. Everyone at the hotel has been helpful and responsive; one visit, when I had internet connection problems, a technician fixed it quickly. I have used the laundry/cleaning service for longer stays and it is fast and, once again, inexpensive. During my last stay, the street in front of the hotel turned into a small river because of a downpour. However, if I have to go to Bumrungrad again, I'll definitely stay at Skyy. And I'll use hotel transport from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear BerniceB44,

Good Day!

Warmest Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok! The Sky is the Limit!

We certainly hope that your future plans to Thailand will include SKYY Hotel & Residence, Bangkok and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Have a nice holidays and thank you for your support.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed for 6 nights. I booked online from the "so called hotel" website. Their website has been well designed and easy to use but that was the end of it, since payment has already been guaranteed. Problems started from check in till check out.
1- Noisy floors day and nite with room doors banging and people chatting just ouside my door at odd hours.
2- Non-smoking hotel with a $200 fine if they decide that ur rooms smells of smoke. I am a non smoker. Besides, the actual no smoking sign made of plastic costs around B100 to replace if found missing.
3- All rooms are way too small in size to move around safely. The balcony door MUST be kept shut just to keep the AC running inside the room.
4- The free welcome drink is nothing but sweet coloured liquid that is not mentioned on the coupon except for saying alcohol free drink.
5- Security is lax. I agree with the poster who suffered the humilation of being wrongly accused. In his case, the hotel or better motel should have compensated him on the spot.
6- The housekeeping hours end at 4 pm after which you got to re-use the lovely bed sheets.
7- The buffet breakfast is COLD every single day.
8- The listed TV channels are only 60% available with NOT a SINGLE English speaking news channel. When complained on the first 3 days, all I got were clue less smiles from all staff.
9- The management are no where to be seen.
10- The only person in control seems to be the Asian non-thai lady at reception (but Thai / English speaking ) who does not seem to have attended any serious guest service training. I agreed on a 2 pm check out but at 1 pm she call and asks me to hurry up.
11- The only plus points were the actual value and location full stop.
It was my first stay here and would surely be the last one. Bangkok has so much to offer and this experience is a lesson of many to come.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Hasan A
Dear Hasan A.,

E-mail: gm@skyyhotel.com

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels