“great place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #451 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Vung Tau, Vietnam
“great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The only thing I could possibly fault at this hotel is the website advertising. It mentions a balcony in every room, and a welcome fruit basket. I have stayed at Skyy three times now and have never seen a piecce of fruit. The first two times I was there my room had a balcony, but it was not accessable. Recently I was there again and this time I had a balcony that could be used.

When I go to Bangkok, I am there to visit Bumrungrad Hospital, and Skyy's location could not be more convenient. The staff are wonderful and go out of their way to be helpful. I love the breakfasts, and I enjoy sitting on the terrace over the street. I am not quite so impressed with the other meals.

The beds are wonderful! They are extremely comfortable.

Overall, I am quite satisfied and will continue to stay at Skyy when I am in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony that you can use.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sharon b
SKYY Hotel S, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear sharon b,

Good day!

Warm Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

Thank you for staying at the SKYY Hotel and thank you for sparing your valuable time to write and share your feedback following your recent stay at SKYY Hotel. I hope that you would return in the near future and email me if I can assist you in any way.

Sorry to hear that our staff was not at their best to served you during your stay. I have taken the matter up with the respective Department Head. We are unhappy to know that you were not satisfied this time. I have informed the concerned departments about your comments and rest assured that this will not be taken lightly.

Please do give us another chance to be of service to you. On your future stay please let us know any arrangements you require and I will personally look after your stay. I wish you a pleasant day ahead.

Thank you for your support.

With best regards,
E-mail: gm@skyyhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had very good experience for the two times that I stayed at this hotel. The customer service is good, staff are polite courteous and helpful all the time, the rooms are neat and clean, the break fast was excellent . I had the best cooked Salmon fish in this hotel. I really enjoyed. They made my two visits memorable. Its a great location for shopping, not too far away from the skytrain.

Room Tip: Rooms directly opposite the elevator are large and also choose a room with a balcony so you can sit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Picky293916, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Gladys M,

Good day!

Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

We highly appreciate you taking time to send your feedback through TripAdvisor.com about your most recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the team who will surely be delighted to know that they have another satisfied guest on their list. We are truly happy to know that our products and services met your expectation and quality standards.

Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 1, Bangkok . We are very close to the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Shopping Centers, Skytrain Stations, and Restaurants.

On your next trip to Bangkok, we hope to see you again at SKYY Hotel!

Have a nice holidays and thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

It is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in my life.The breakfast is terrible.the bread they serve you during breakfast are sometimes very hard,feels like 2 to 3 days old.They. Often rAn out of food during breakfast and you have to wait! The customer service is the worst.the never cleaned my room on there own and i have to call them and they come after 2 hours! The staff is not friendly.No indian tv channel available.they have CNN in the lobby but in room! The hot water function does not work.IT was a nightmare.Only stay there if u came for medical purpose and need to got to bumrumgrad hospital and no other hotel available.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tomas R
Picky293916, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014

Dear Tomas R.,

Warm greetings from SKYY Hotel, Bangkok!

We have received your feedback through TripAdvisor.com and we are saddened about the details in your comments.

We would like to apologize if the service rendered to you was not to your satisfaction. We try to accommodate all guests and make them feel comfortable. I do sincerely apologize to hear that our staff and breakfast was not at their best to serve you during your stay with us. I have taken the matter up with the respective department concerned.

Please accept our apologies if there were certain things that were not to your liking and do give us another chance to be of service to you. On your future stay please let us know any arrangements you require and I will personally look after your stay.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Thank you and happy holidays!

E-mail: gm@skyyhotel.com

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Skyy Hotel offers small, but not suffocatingly so, tidy rooms at a good price. The staff is very helpful. Breakfasts are included and good. The location is great for the hospital, a little bit of a hike out to the Skytrain. Overall, a good experience if you need to be near Bumrungrad and also want to be in the Sukhumvit area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear mornaiguy,

Warm greetings from SKYY Hotel, Bangkok!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write and share your feedback following your recent stay at SKYY Hotel, Bangkok.

We are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us with favorable impression of our hotel facilities and well trained staff. Your kind compliments will be shared with the entire team.

Your kind patronage of SKYY Hotel Bangkok is much appreciated. We hope that your future plans to Bangkok will include us and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back with warm and Thai gracious hospitality.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with others, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the SKYY Hotel Bangkok.

Thank you and happy holidays!

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We just came back from Skyy Hotel. Near to the Bamrungrad and the places we like most at Bangkok which is shopping center. Very friendly stuff with smiling faces. They were extremely helpful & kind to us. It was actually my second visit and I must say this hotel is still very clean and good. I was with my wife and 2 little kids. They certainly have enjoyed at Skyy hotel. Two things I want to point out to the authority to make this place better and more enjoyable. Firstly, please install bigger bathroom sink (it's not big of a deal but all the hotel I visit has big sink which is useful). Secondly, Key card expiry problem. Key card expires sometime and once I have to renew twice to get it right. Don't get me wrong. This is a perfect hotel in the hand of perfect management. But this is my duty to point out little issues so that Management could fix it. Finally I want to say, I love this hotel and hotel stuff and I am going to stay at this hotel every time I visit Bangkok.

Room Tip: Chose Executive rooms because of a nice balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear zaii00,

Warm greetings from SKYY Hotel, Bangkok!

We highly appreciate you taking time to send your feedback through TripAdvisor about your most recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the team who will surely be delighted to know that they have another satisfied guest on their list. We are truly happy to know that our services met your expectation and quality standards.

Please accept our apologies if there were certain things that were not to your liking. A plan to further improve the hotel facilities is on the way to meet the changing needs of our clients.
We hope to welcome you back to Skyy Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok and we wish to be of service to you again next time.

Have a nice holidays and thank you for your support.

Dalian, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you are visiting the Bumrangrad hospital nearby, this place should be considered. The room is small but adequate. The staff are friendly, the restaurant is more than acceptable. The only concern is the weird bathroom sink! Get over that and we're good.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view, but totally not necessary.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joefredperez

Dear Joefredperez,

Good day!

Warm greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok!

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments through TripAdvisor.com about your most recent stay with us. My team and I are all happy that you had a wonderful stay. They will be happy to know about your feedback.

Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 1. We are very close to the Bumramgrad Hospital , Shopping Centers, Skytrain Stations, and restaurants.

On your next visit to Bangkok, we do hope to welcome you back to our SKYY Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your support.

With best regards,
Reus, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

the hotel is well locatet 5 min walking of sky train. in a street with restaurants, supermarkets and massage shops. room clean and big, great breakfast. very friendly staff ready to help you or to print you the train timetable. I would repeat!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Picky293916, General Manager at Skyy Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Culinquiet,

Good day!

Warmest Greetings from SKYY Hotel Bangkok Team! The Sky is the Limit!

We highly appreciate you taking time to send your feedback through TripAdvisor about your most recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the team who will surely be delighted to know that they have another satisfied guest on their list. We are truly happy to know that our products and services met your expectation and quality standards.

Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 1. We are very close to the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Shopping Centers, Skytrain Stations, and restaurants.

On your next visit to Bangkok we hope to welcome you back to SKYY Hotel, Bangkok!

Thank you for your support us.

Best regards,