Bangkok Venice Suite
US$171
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$371
US$295
All reviewsplatinum mallcentral worldpratunam marketwalking distancefamous chicken ricenight marketbig cboutique hotelexpress boatbasic facilitiessmall hotelfree flowthe riverlate checkcheck in was a breezepantip plazarecommend this hotel
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had booked this hotel for 3 nights in June 2013.

I had requested for a double bed but when I arrived, I noticed that twin bed was given. I informed the Manager and after my return from my shopping in the evening, I was surprised that the staff had changed the bed setting to double bed.

This hotel is very near to great shopping and food; everything is within walking distance.

Breakfast is simple and only compliant which I have is the noise of traffic - I was woken up every day at 4.30am (BKK time) !

Manager Miss Jitsiri is very helpful and prompt in replying your queries and she will try her best to accommodate the guests.

It was raining and traffic was very heavy on the day when we were leaving for the airport. We were unable to get any cab at that time; she offered to make two trips to send us to the Rail Station for us to catch the airport train link.

I had recommended this hotel to friends and most who had stayed give great feedback of the service by the staff especially the Manager.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I bought a 4D3N Bkk deal (Flight & Accomodation) from Deal.com and chosen this hotel as the reviews all seem positive. I was in Bkk from 6 - 9 June 2013. The hotel lobby is very nice & the hotel staff are friendly. Before going up to my room, the lady boss who is more fluent in English, briefly share on the nearest train station, eating place & shopping malls. She has provided us with a map & it has been very helpful. The room was very clean & nice! The only downside was the ants...bought food & left it on the table and went out again. When I came back, the ants were enjoying the food! So try not to leave the food outside & keep it in the mini fridge. The hotel is located right next to the river but I did not get the room with a river view which could be nice.

The nearest BTS train station is Chidlom & the walking is around 8-10 mins from the hotel. While walking, there are Mcdonald, Starbucks & some eateries across the street. Near the train station, there is the Central mall where the high-end brands are all under one roof. It is really convenient to get around Bkk with the train & didn't have any difficulties going back to the hotel. I have walked from Siam BTS all the way back to the hotel as there are night market along the street & just before reaching the hotel, stopped by this massage place for a nice & cheap foot massage.

On the checkout day, I have asked the lady boss if the room is available for a later checkout since the van will only come by at 6pm and she gladly informed that the room is available & no additional payment required. But she did mentioned to leave some tips for the cleaning lady which I did. It has been a pleasant stay at the hotel & will definitely come back to stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prisca D
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is a very nice hotel, cosy room with excellent front desk staffs.
Check in 24 Aug with my family.
We don't have to worried about food as there's a lot of street fare along the way.
Most of them speaks good English and they provide very useful information to getting around BKK.

Good job!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ktyhe
Reviewed 29 April 2013

A nice simple hotel located just outside of the vibrant pratunam shopping stretch. Booked this from deal and Stayed there for 3 nights and quite a comfortable stay.

1. Free WiFi in the room which is great. Connection is great too.
2. Rooms are pretty small but clean
3. Beds are not too hard so it's comfy.
4. Hotel folks are very nice and polite. Upon check in, the manager at the counter very patiently explained how to get the various malls around the area as well as to the nearest bts by drawings on a map.
5. The airport transfer was scheduled for 4pm and the manager extended the check out to 4pm, giving us time for last min shopping, packing and freshening up before going to the airport
6. 7-11 is just round the corner, there's also a McDonald's, Starbucks, subway a short walking distance away on the way to bts. If you are into street food, there's plenty round the corner, also stalls selling chicken rice, satay and wanton noodles
7. For shopping wannabes, location is great as you can just walk back to the hotel after shopping at platinum mall and pratunam market. Plenty of night market stalls at the area too. You can even walk back from central world if you dun mind the longer walk. This is useful esp traffic is terrible at bkk and you will definitely get caught in the jam.

What's not so great:
1. It's a 8-10 mins walk to chidlom bts. Canbe quite tiring esp under the hot scorching weather
2. Room key is the 'real ' key, so make sure you turn the security knob when you are in the room else anyone can enter. You also have to leave the key with counter when you are out, or they wont do housekeeping, which is alright for me.
3. The electronic card to power up the aircon and lights are attached to the room key. So you have to 're-power up the aircon everytime you are back. Takes a while to cool down the room.
4. Though there are many tv channels but all in Thai...only two movie channels. So I end up watching shows on my tab.
5. Taxi drivers dun know this hotel even though i showed the hotel map in Thai, printed from their website. So if you are taking cab back to hotel, best to tell them you are going pratunam, stop around platinum mall and walk back. Depends on which direction you come from, you may pass by the hotel first before platinum...and you may then direct the driver to stop you at the hotel.
6. Have to jay walk to platinum mall, please be careful as traffic is bad.

Breakfast is simple fare to warm the stomach but good enough. Overall an ok stay for me. This is definitely a good choice who dun mind the walk and likes to shopping.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the river. Should be quieter. Mine was near the roads and the motorbikes, engine sounds were quite disturbing in the early hours
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Esther T
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

stayed here for 3 nights, got a twin room greeted by towels folded into elephants. reception checkin was quick, and presented me with a token of gift. the room doorsvare not electronic, still using a key but requires you to put back the key whenever you leave the hotel. simple breakfast set provided, feels like a local. its not near any bts, but can slowly walk to the shopping centres ard. many chicken rice stalls nearby.if you do not mind staying abit far from bts and loves shopping at platinum mall, this is an good option.

• Stayed: December 2012