“Fabulous stay on the overall :D”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Bangkok Venice Suite
Ranked #214 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel from 4-7Oct 2013 (4D3N) and it was a pleasant stay for us on the overall.

Staffs were friendly but not so well versed in English language, except for the Supervisor. Upon our arrival, we were given a cute tiny Thai-themed coin pouch as a welcome gift. Check in was a breeze and before they handed over our room keys, we were given a map of the city area and the staff explained to us the location of the nearby shopping malls and MTR stations.

Room is not that big, enough for a twin sharing. Even to have an extra bed in there might be a challenge though. I love the toiletries and we were welcomed with bath towels sculpted into a cute standing elephant on each of our beds. :) Wifi was well received and accessed especially in our rooms too.

Do not expect buffet breakfast in this hotel as they do not want to encourage food wastage. Hence, u can choose ur breakfast sets from a choice of asian, continental or international. For Muslim patrons, meals at this hotel are not Halal. The management was sensitive to this and indicated an "M" on our breakfast coupon (to indicate to the kitchen that the meal is for Muslim and hence no pork or lard to be used, I guess). There's more beyond "No Pork, No Lard" when it comes to Halal food, so just be careful of what you opt for especially for the Muslims. For me, I chose the "Continental" breakfast option: 4 slices of 1/2 Toasts and a plateful of salad with boiled egg. Breakfast was served simply and just enough for one person's consumption. Good idea from the management.

The hotel is located next to a river (not sure what is it) and there's a station just behind the hotel if u want to try the boat ride. We didn't try it but from our hotel room, we saw that the boat moved quite fast for a river! Popular shopping malls are located about 10mins walk from the hotel. When we arrived on Friday night, we decided to explore the area since it was very well lit-up and near to two-laned road. We walked along the street stalls and shops and there's night market just infront of Berkeley Hotel and The Palladium. Great bargains too! Just across the four junction, there's the Pratunam Market, Platinum Mall, Krung Thong Plaza, Shibuya 19, etc. On the other side of the street (about 5-7mins walk), there's the Big C and another mall. This hotel is also located about 10mins walk to Chit Lom station. You can practically go anywhere if you stay at this hotel due to its centralized location. I would recommend you to put on a good and comfortable pair of walking shoes as seriously, u'll need to do lots of walking. Taxis are big no-no especially during peak period. You wouldn't want to be strapped in a cab on a non-moving traffic road.

Management was kind enough to grant us late checkout at 4pm at no extra charge. On the overall, Bangkok Venice Suites is definitely a place for me to consider for a comeback to Bangkok!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank vibrantlady

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

- costs for hotel is cheap. 1700 baht to 2100 baht per night

- some staff were fantastic with value add .. example late check out and nearby facilities.

- dun think 15 minutes walking distance to chi lom bts and platinum mall is considered near. Definitely not luggage friendly with stairs and damaged paths

- 12pm room available but no warm water and drainage choke. Replied technician will rectify by 2 pm. 6 pm back and problem still there. Room change available at 8pm. Missed both lunch and dinner appointments

- American breakfast = 1 egg + 2 toasts + 1 sausage. McDonald's is way better than this.

** appreciation for this hotel is subjective.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank ChristopherK226
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Bangkok Venice Suite Hotel is clean, affordable, and good location. They recently added a four-terminal internet surfing station, and have free WIFI on every floor. Staff is courteous and went out the way to provide directions to nearby shopping centres and attractions before we asked.

Shopping and night market is plentiful along this street, and took three days to cover them all! A visit to the nearby Platinum Fashion Mall and Central World Plaza is a must. The nearest train station is about 10 mins walk, a 24-hour McDonalds and several convenience stores are just 5 mins walk away. Visit the Baiyoke Sky Hotel/Tower in the evening for scenic sunset views of the city, and have a feast at one of the several buffet restaurants there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

it was our first trip to bkk, the lady boss and the staffs really gave us good impression, they are very friendly and helpful, on the 2nd day when we wanted to go to the palace, but dunno how to go there from the hotel, the lady boss provided us a map and showed us the cheapest and fastest way to go, explained in very fluent English in details which really helpful.

The hotel lobby is well decorated, room is very clean and neat, not big but quite spacial, with free WiFi connection. the location of the hotel is not that convenient as we need to walk 10-15 mins to the nearest BTS, however, it locates next to the river so that can consider to take the boat instead.

there are some nice street food around as well as night market, what we enjoyed the most is we went for shopping at the pratunam market till evening and then had a light dinner at a beef noodle stall operated by an elder couple, and then bought a lot of street food along the way back to hotel.

the last day morning, we requested to late check out, the lady boss helped us to check the room booking status, if there is no booking after, we are able to check out half an hour earlier before the van came pick up us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5hino
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had booked this hotel for 3 nights in June 2013.

I had requested for a double bed but when I arrived, I noticed that twin bed was given. I informed the Manager and after my return from my shopping in the evening, I was surprised that the staff had changed the bed setting to double bed.

This hotel is very near to great shopping and food; everything is within walking distance.

Breakfast is simple and only compliant which I have is the noise of traffic - I was woken up every day at 4.30am (BKK time) !

Manager Miss Jitsiri is very helpful and prompt in replying your queries and she will try her best to accommodate the guests.

It was raining and traffic was very heavy on the day when we were leaving for the airport. We were unable to get any cab at that time; she offered to make two trips to send us to the Rail Station for us to catch the airport train link.

I had recommended this hotel to friends and most who had stayed give great feedback of the service by the staff especially the Manager.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I bought a 4D3N Bkk deal (Flight & Accomodation) from Deal.com and chosen this hotel as the reviews all seem positive. I was in Bkk from 6 - 9 June 2013. The hotel lobby is very nice & the hotel staff are friendly. Before going up to my room, the lady boss who is more fluent in English, briefly share on the nearest train station, eating place & shopping malls. She has provided us with a map & it has been very helpful. The room was very clean & nice! The only downside was the ants...bought food & left it on the table and went out again. When I came back, the ants were enjoying the food! So try not to leave the food outside & keep it in the mini fridge. The hotel is located right next to the river but I did not get the room with a river view which could be nice.

The nearest BTS train station is Chidlom & the walking is around 8-10 mins from the hotel. While walking, there are Mcdonald, Starbucks & some eateries across the street. Near the train station, there is the Central mall where the high-end brands are all under one roof. It is really convenient to get around Bkk with the train & didn't have any difficulties going back to the hotel. I have walked from Siam BTS all the way back to the hotel as there are night market along the street & just before reaching the hotel, stopped by this massage place for a nice & cheap foot massage.

On the checkout day, I have asked the lady boss if the room is available for a later checkout since the van will only come by at 6pm and she gladly informed that the room is available & no additional payment required. But she did mentioned to leave some tips for the cleaning lady which I did. It has been a pleasant stay at the hotel & will definitely come back to stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prisca D
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is a very nice hotel, cosy room with excellent front desk staffs.
Check in 24 Aug with my family.
We don't have to worried about food as there's a lot of street fare along the way.
Most of them speaks good English and they provide very useful information to getting around BKK.

Good job!