“Great place! convenient location”
Review of Siam Swana Hotel

Siam Swana Hotel
Ranked #327 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 June 2014

stayed here at the start of april, hotel was easy to find, located really near the BTS station. the duck noodle by the street is really yummy too. convenient enough to BTS everywhere (shopping areas , massages etc) with ease! good price too. will def consider this the next time im going to bangkok again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank coordinatedpink

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Came back to Bangkok from my Koh Samui trip, I immediately felt comfortable when arrived at this hotel. I cannot stress enough how impressed I have been with the tasteful design and service of the hotel. I have been travelling a lot personally and am very peculiar about accommodation but this hotel did not fail at all.
- First impression, the outside looked very nice and modern. My friends were like "Wowww" as the hotel had a very special and expensive ambiance to it.
- Staffs looked serious and might not look like the friendliest, but they solved all my concerns and are very professional people.
- The rooms are tastefully designed. They are small, as with the majority of hotels in Bangkok, but have comfortable space for all you need. The bathroom (shall I say shower room as there is no bath) was reasonably spacious. You can feel that the owner has an eye with attention to details. Every items in the rooms are well-thought of (such as quality hair dryer - much appreciated by a long haired girl!, coat hangers with anti-slippery zig-zag...).
- Literally 2 minute walk to BTS. Very very convenient as you can quickly run to Siam for shopping and come back, rest, then go shopping again! Easy to commute around Bangkok.
- Good massage and food places nearby anytime of the day.

If I really must point out some drawbacks that would be the fact that it has no elevator, but the staff helped carry our luggages anyway and the decor in the corridors on the upper floors was a joy to look at. And also, the shower had very sharp rays!

All in all, I appreciate my stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I stayed in both ground floor and 1st floor rooms and found the room upstairs had better arrangement...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Xuan N
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is good because it is near the sky rail which is very handy.
The pool doesn't look anything like the photos on the website & is right as you walk in Facing the only bar so there is zero privacy there.
The young girls on reception weren't very friendly but the older ladies were super helpful!
Room was very small and has no windows so we moved to a better room with a small window which was backing into a construction site with what looked like a squatters house on it & there was a ladder on the ground next to our window so we didn't feel very safe. The room was pretty dark also & had a peculiar odour.
For the price I'm sure there are better options around.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I just came back on Sunday. Stayed for 4 days 3 nights. I stayed on the ground floor because there is no elevator and it won't be that tiring climbing up the stairs from walking/shopping the whole day. The room is clean and neat. The WiFi is good. The staffs are nice and helpful. And it is near BTS. Outside there is tuk-tuk and taxis if you do not want to take the BTS. Just in front is a 7-11. Nearby are some food & drink stalls, which we both bought and tried some of the stalls. The only thing we both don't really like is the hard pillows, but they do provide 3 small pillows so we used that instead.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aiiko
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel is very closed to the BTS; about 5 minutes walk (inside road). When arriving at the Ratchthewi BTS, if you do not know what exit, you look for sign "Asia Hotel;" Siam Swana is two minutes walk further from Asia Hotel. The room is too dark and rather small, but it is clean. The Wi-Fi is good and the staff are friendly. I had an issue with the hard pillow; I asked for a softer pillow and I ended up having a bad quality of soft pillow, so again I had to use the hard pillow. It is about 15 minutes walk to the shopping center (MBK). The hotel does not have elevator, and it is not fun at all when you have big shipping bags and of course big luggage.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Seriya H
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The hotel is only 2 mins walk from the BTS station, which enables you to access most parts of the city, including the airport. In terms of the location, it's great if you are looking for something fairly central, yet for a reasonable price. I should point out however that it isn't in a particularly 'touristy' area, and it's quite a distance from Khaosan, which could be a problem if you are looking to venture over there at night. There is a small pool at the front of the hotel (although I never saw anyone in it) as well as a nice little bar and several shops across the road, so it's got everything for a short stay. The rooms are very clean and modern with good air-con, and the staff are very friendly. The only real downside for me was the fact that there was no window in the room, which did make it a rather claustrophobic, especially after a 15 hour flight. That aside, if you are looking for something that is cheap and central, then I'd recommend it, but only for a few days' at a time. If you do stop there it's probably worth having an image/map with the hotel's Thai translation as we found that very few taxi drivers knew where it was (albeit we only used a handful of drivers out of the several thousand in the city).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed here for one night before flying on to Vietnam.

The room was functional and very clean. The air conditioning unit was effective and fairly quiet. We stayed in room 106 which is on the ground floor. It was surprisingly quiet despite being close to the road and the car park. No loud music, no loud guest, good night sleep.

The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water. Two bottles of water were provided free of charge and there was a mini bar.

The hotel is within a 3 minute walk of the MRT which is great when carrying heavy rucksacks (and just one stop from Phaya Thai sky train). When we checked in we asked for a taxi for 4am, which was ready for us when we checked out.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a stop over room. Probably not great for a longer stay - especially if you are wanting to make use of the pool. As noted by others, it is small and practically in the car park. Transfer to Don Mung airport at 4am takes about 20 minutes and costs 400thb.

Room Tip: Booked via Travago - about 30 pounds per night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple