“Nice Room”

In Residence Bangkok Sukhumvit
Ranked #305 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed for only a night for business in the studio room, the room was spacious and clean and the staff were really nice. We had arrived early and changed our rooms to non-smoking (we were booked under smoking) the front desk accommodated promptly to our request and brought us to the bar with a list of complimentary drinks to choose from while they got our rooms ready without any request from us. As it was business day trip staying here was definitely worth the price. Though the location is little troublesome as it is located in a small road, the hotel provided a tuk tuk service to the nearest train station and there is a minimart just across the hotel. It a short walk to the main road but do not recommend to do so at night alone. But during the day, there are street food if you are up for it and nice to explore around the small streets.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sgit87

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Its a shame that i have to give this a poor rating. This is only due to the location and does not reflect on the service from the staff or the rooms. We stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary in August. This was highly recommended by Dialaflight who we booked with as we did request a 5* hotel in the busy location. On our 1st night here we were outside the hotel in the evening only next door and 2 thai men rode past on their motorbike and grabbed my wife and dragged her down the road. I managed to chase them with the help of passers by, we managed to stop them before they left their motorbike and ran away. The hotel staff were helpful and called the police. The security at the hotel then said it is not safe to be outside as certain thai men do prey upon the tourists. This did ruin our holiday as we were too scared to leave our room in case they came back as we reported them to the police. The hotel is located on a very quiet dark road so it is very unsafe to walk outside. The hotel does offer a tut tuk service to the main road. But there are convenience shops across the road from the hotel which shows it is just risky walking across the road. The hotel staff were very helpful and kind it was just a shame that this was highly recommended by dial a flight being a 5* hotel in a busy area which is completely the opposite. I would now know never to trust dialaflight to book my holiday with.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LEON S
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I find myself thinking "Why go anywhere else?" this place never disappoints me so I keep coming back. In fact now that the staff know me as a regular they really look after me. I get my special breakfast cooked for me without asking, they know what coffee I like and they are all just so nice in every respect. The GM of the hotel is a nice Australian man who can be seen throughout the day tending to his responsibilities and chatting with guests in a relaxed and warm manner.

Keep up the good work everyone - see you next time ;)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank whitepointer
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel. I usually book a hotel between 10 Recommended by Travel agents and usually they hit. The studio is really unique features and very spacious. Staying in it is comfortable and enjoyable. To the terminal 21 is 5 minutes walk, you can also use free transport, which allows by the hotel. The employees are very friendly and always willing to help . The kitchen is very good. One of hotel in wich i will always return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marjan S
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights in August. First of all, to clear everyone's doubt, raddison and this property are in same campus but different buildings connected by sky bridge. The rooms are amazing, very good space, the view was good, but could have been better, the hotel is only 9 floors high (we were on the 9th floor). The room could have been cleaner. In-room kitchenette having all essentials like microwave, coffee maker, kettle, the selection of coffee's and teas was also nice. The hotel is beautiful, good lobby, good restaurant, a nice swimming pool (was operational when we stayed). Overall an amazing property with a very good price. The Tuk-tuk service is very efficient, also what i loved about this hotel is the staff, very polite and helpful (which is rare in thailand(personal experience)). They call meter taxi for you, which saves you quite a buck. Tuk tuks in bangkok are ripoffs, taxi are cheaper(if travelled by meter). A bit inside soi 13, but walking to and fro even at night never felt unsafe and lot of street food and massage parlors on the way.

Room Tip: Try to get the executive level floor. They upgrade you to one bedroom mostly. and the view in one be...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Abhinav A
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Big rooms with living room, kitchen and separate bedroom this is the basic suite bed was comfy the kitchen was well equipped with utensils and microwave it is attached to raddison suites it is also behind famous bed super club. and soi 11 near nana bts station and also they have a drop off to the bts station the staff was excellent and helpfull

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Really nice suites, some cleaning issues but generally ok. But booked hotel specifically for the roof top pool. I had 5 days in Bangkok, a favourite city of mine, & didn't want to spend all that time in shopping malls I wanted a pool & books & fresh (?) air. First day spent doing some business & when I asked which floor for pool I was told 'Oh sorry, pool under renovation' no mention on 'booking.com' no mention on hotel website. Found a flyer in my room regarding pool renovations & the fact it will be finished by mid june.
I spoke to a really nice night manager & said sorry I cannot stay as I hate aircon & have to be outside. He said pool finished tomorrow. Of course it wasn't. I met other guests also upset. Expensive hotel end Soi 13. No pool. Unsuspecting guests. Not good enough.

• Stayed: July 2013